The Legend Of Xanadu

Rinrada

For all of us old Rockers (yes me too)...blast from the Past.......UK..... :o

Dave Dee dies aged 65 :D

British pop star Dave Dee has died at the age of 65, following a three-year battle with cancer.

The singer continued playing gigs with band members Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich until close to the end of his life, record plugger Sean Cooney said.

"He didn't let it get him down. He was defying it," Mr Cooney added.

The group had eight top 10 hits, including a UK number one single in 1968 with The Legend of Xanadu, in which Dee famously cracked a whip.

A spokeswoman for the family said that Dee died in Kingston Hospital, south-west London on Friday morning following "a long and courageous battle" with cancer....RIP mate .....you were great....

more from aunty...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7820435.stm

For all of us old Rockers (yes me too)...blast from the Past.......UK..... :o

Dave Dee dies aged 65 :D

British pop star Dave Dee has died at the age of 65, following a three-year battle with cancer.

It's been a tough week in the music business. Earlier this week, the death of Stooges guitarist Ron Asheton was announced. Iggy Pop and The Stooges were doing punk rock for 10 years before most actually started calling the style of music "punk." Asheton was highly influential to many guitarists of subsequent generations.

RIP to both.

Selfishly, it reminds me that I'm getting old too. On a high note, the music and songs will always live on.

Hey, hey ... my, my ... rock and roll can never die ....

Dave Dee dies aged 65

little known fact .....

As a police cadet, Dee was at the scene of the car accident that took the life of the American rock star Eddie Cochran and injured Gene Vincent in April 1960.

Dee reportedly took Cochran's guitar from the accident in Chippenham, Wilts, and held it until it could be returned to his family.