Spouse Visa To The Uk

Has anybody done a visa app to the UK without outside help ?

If have was it granted or not ?

The reason the questions, i would like to know what the pros and cons are going down this route.

I have tried a company but all they do is point me to websites what i have already looked at. So i think maybe not worth getting help from outside, but on the other hand i might be naive to this.

Any response would be very helpful.

Paul

Yes, we did one last year, went ott on the information we supplied I feel, but we put it all in a descent file, no problems, no interview just a visa in 5 days. If you have everything needed and asked for do it yourself and save a packet. Pete

A little bit of research to find out what is required for the visa and you should be able to do it all your self.

IMO one only needs professional help if one's circumstances are out of the ordinary.

If you do decide to pay an agent make sure that they are competenet, qualified and regulated. Most agents in Thailand, including those run by ex-pat Brits, are not. The only way to be sure is to employ one who is registered in the UK with the OISC, such as Thai Visa Express or Davies Khan, sponsers of this forum.

Has anybody done a visa app to the UK without outside help ?

If have was it granted or not ?

The reason the questions, i would like to know what the pros and cons are going down this route.

I have tried a company but all they do is point me to websites what i have already looked at. So i think maybe not worth getting help from outside, but on the other hand i might be naive to this.

Any response would be very helpful.

Paul

Unless you have a really complicated case, or you are absolutely hopeless at filling out forms, there is no need to go through an agency. They'll probably just charge you an inflated price and do no better than you could yourself. Most people do the application procedure themselves. I did it with my wife last year and got the visa first time round with no problems. My wife had a short phone interview and we got the visa in about 5 or 6 working days.

If you choose to do the application youself and have any questions then you can always come here and do a search. You'll find that in most cases someone else has normally had the same question and that doesn't help then you can always post and ask directly.

Edited by CharlieB