Job Contract Question: Employer Cuts My Salary

He does not do anything in writing... Afraid that can be used against him?? A real snake (not joking).

Is it true that I can cancel my work permit? He mentioned that the accountants/lawyers we use to handle all paperwork regarding permits, have to fill the necessary paperwork. Might be just the papers to cancel the work permit.

Does your contract say anything about written notice of termination? And period of notice e.g. 30 days?

Take a tape recorder with you any time you speak to him.

He does not do anything in writing... Afraid that can be used against him?? A real snake (not joking).

Is it true that I can cancel my work permit? He mentioned that the accountants/lawyers we use to handle all paperwork regarding permits, have to fill the necessary paperwork. Might be just the papers to cancel the work permit.

Does your contract say anything about written notice of termination? And period of notice e.g. 30 days?

Take a tape recorder with you any time you speak to him.

Correct, notice must be given in writing and a 30-day notice. Should I take a tape recorder with me, then I must inform him. At least, back home it will not be accepted as evidence by court otherwise.

Gregb: you are right, collection is tough. They are struggling like many other companies. But having that paper that I'm right is already good enough. Just teach him a lesson that he has to stop bullshitting everybody. He's lucky that I'm trying to be fair and honest, but should he pull these tricks with a Thai, he might end up with broken knee-caps or worse....!

Thanks guys for all the help, really appreciated. I have a lot to think about and mention to the labour office.