Grow Your Own! How Self-sufficient Are You?

simon43

I always have an interest in self-sufficiency and sustainable/renewable energy etc. For example, my (ex's) hotel grows all the herbs and vegetables that are used in the kitchen. Waste water is recycled (to some extent) for watering the hotel garden.

How concerned are you about reuse of natural resources? Do you grow your own? Do you use solar water heaters, wind power or buffalo power(!)?

Simon

I always have an interest in self-sufficiency and sustainable/renewable energy etc. For example, my (ex's) hotel grows all the herbs and vegetables that are used in the kitchen. Waste water is recycled (to some extent) for watering the hotel garden.

How concerned are you about reuse of natural resources? Do you grow your own? Do you use solar water heaters, wind power or buffalo power(!)?

Simon

Hello Simon,Well i am certainly interested in Saving energy and Home Grown Produce,I bought 4 rai of land in Roiet Province 2 Years ago and i intend to build a house there possibly this year and i will be looking at Solar Power Surely a must for a country that has all year round sunshine,I will also be recycling waste water and Rain Water,What i intend to do is to Grow lots of Veg and Fruit on the 3 Rai i will have left after the house is done,And i intend to get the locals involved and if i get enough inetrest i will buy a further 12 Rai and have a Market Garden,Bye the way this is not a project to make Money I do not intend to sell to Big C or Tesco Lotus Just somthing i would like to do for self satisfaction,I have been living in Pattaya now for 12 Years and have something very rare in Pattaya a Business that makes money not a lot but it keeps me and my wife very comfortable indeed,Sorry about the life story,Anyway Simon maybe we can share some ideas in the future,And i am sure a few more people will have some good ideas for us to look at,Thanks Robbie...