Honda Crv

kerr17

I didn't seem to find much doing a search, does anyone have this car?

I'm on the process to buy one (2.0 E model) and i was wondering what other people think about it.

I heard that its a thirsty car, I went to try it yesterday and is very smooth and very quiet when driving it.

I'm also convinced to have a Navigator install on it, is it really worth? can anyone give me some personal review of the car and some "must" have extras ?

Cheers

I didn't seem to find much doing a search, does anyone have this car?

I'm on the process to buy one (2.0 E model) and i was wondering what other people think about it.

I heard that its a thirsty car, I went to try it yesterday and is very smooth and very quiet when driving it.

I'm also convinced to have a Navigator install on it, is it really worth? can anyone give me some personal review of the car and some "must" have extras ?

Cheers

This won't help you much, but I'm also thinking of getting one (2.4l). I rented the two litre version in November to drive from Bangkok to Chiang Mai when Suvarnabhumi was closed. It wasn't my first (or even second) choice but I needed to get back to Chiang Mai and it was the only one-way rental I could get. I really liked it. It held the road well and coped very well with the various pot holes and stuff that you find on that run. It accelerated well and easily got up to 170kph (for which I got stopped and fined 200Baht - well worth it!) I did it on two tanks of gas which i don't think is that bad. Top Gear reckoned that it was more economical that a Mini Cooper S.

I live in Chiang mai and can't seem to get a dealer to do any sort of deal - is it any better anywhere else?

I have the 2004 Honda CRV - 2.0 - 4wd----LOOOOVE IT!!!

Don't know anything else about the car tho, I just drive it----so far "NO PROBLEM" - VERY GOOD RELIABLE

not too big, not too small for a SUV, and very roomy for all kinds of stuff

got about 24 miles/gallon

I have a new 2 Ltr model which gets 9.6 km to the Ltr. It's OK but the ride is hard, due I read somewhere to the high tensile steel chassis or sub frame or something also the leather seats suck big time. The parking visibility is poor and I feel that driver visibility has been sacrificed to esthetics.

I also have a 2002 model CRV with cloth seats and find it nicer to sit in, to drive and park.

I took the 2.0 liter model for a test drive. I sat in it had a look around started it and then thought it really was not for me, and the sales guy was suprised I just got out again without going for a ride. I thought it looked cheap inside, and did not like the way it was laid out. I went for the accord instead. my wife likes the CRV though, and she is a hairdresser.

SNIP

my wife likes the CRV though, and she is a hairdresser.

Well you lost me with that one but I once went to a hairdresser so maybe that explains it then? :o

Edited by Rimmer

:o sorry, just my sense of humour!

I just mean that you very rarly see men driving a CRV its normaly women.... :D

I booked mine yesterday (Night Hawk Black color) with a navigator and rear camera installed.

The car should be ready in about a 7-10 days (hopefully) and I will post my impression here.

Anyone else driving this car?

You know I just drove up to Lotus in my CRV, going across the level crossing at a little over walking pace will cause the suspension to bottom out and make a loud bang. Never happens in my old CRV even at higher speed, never ever ever ever.

Every little bump in the road can be felt inside the passenger compartment making the ride hard, uncomfortable and tiring. Tire pressures at 30 psi so it's not that! I have run them at 35psi, 40 psi and as low as 20 psi not one iota of difference.

Go around a corner and you slide all over the so called leather seat, if not in a pool of sweat just from the fact that the leather is hard and uncomfortable.

After twelve months my new CRV still has only 5000 on the clock, that's how much I hate to drive the piece of sh*t

If there was a viable alternative to this badly engineered vehicle I would buy it in a New York minute but here in Thailand there is not so I am stuck with it.