Not Sure If This Is Good Or Bad

MeetJohnDoe

Only in amazing Thailand on TV can announcement of a new McD's almost immediately turn into another way of bashing the USA and who happens to be President. I wonder if O'Bama's people warned him to be ready for the onslaught of criticism from TV when he takes office. I'm not sure his shoulders are strong enough.

Exactly...sheeze...my op was only informational...and it starts a trans-Atlantic food fight :o

You would hardly know we were allies in 4-5 major wars over the past century or so :D

Edited by MeetJohnDoe

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only in amazing Thailand on TV can announcement of a new McD's almost immediately turn into another way of bashing the USA and who happens to be President. I wonder if O'Bama's people warned him to be ready for the onslaught of criticism from TV when he takes office. I'm not sure his shoulders are strong enough.

Exactly...sheeze...my op was only informational...and it starts a trans-Atlantic food fight :o

You would hardly know we were allies in 4-5 major wars over the past century or so :D

Brits are insecure because their once glorious empire is no more. Americans are insecure because their once powerful empire is in terminal decline. And the battlefield is hamburgers! :D

Edited by prospero

my son loves Mccrap,god knows why as they are not really that good ,why oh why dont Wendys open over in Pattaya? there used to be one at the end of patpong years ago .

now that was haute cuisine. :o not really but better than Mcsick.

Edited by thaimate

:D WOW, What an amazing reaction to a comment I simply made about McDonalds being crap Yukkie food. Why is it whenever you knock something thats originated out of the fantastic usa, that everyone instatly accuses one of being british??? Yuk, im not sure what is more repulsive, brits or McDonalds. :D

Having said all of that, dispite my dislike for that sort of crappy food especially when you are in a country where there is so much fine lovely thai food.....I WOULD LOVE TO OWN SOME MCDONALDS FOOD PLACES (Surely we cant really keep a straight face and call the 'Restuarants') because there is no shortage of fools spending up big in there & ownership could make me very very $$$$$ :D .

Anyway, all back to your american & brit bashing, its quite entertaining.....what makes it even funnier is that an Aussie started it all (well at least this time). Of course, you can start Aussie bashing....won't bother me none....now somebody please pass me the vegemite, i want to make a Kangaroo & Vegemite sang-a! :o

Edited by neverdie

No one thinks that an Aussie would be silly enought to knock anyone else's food as Aussie cuisine is mostly just really bad British bar snacks or kangaroo road kill.

Perhaps UG, you might explain to me what Aussie cuisine actually is? Whats this really bad British bar snacks & Kangaroo road kill, errr what part of Australia have you been to?? You have been to Australia, havent you? :o

May the biggest problem to hit Pattaya be a McDonalds. May the worst thing that people do in Pattaya is eat at McDonalds!

(By the way, having been a farmer in a previous life, I have to agree Aussie beef is excellent).

UG, obviously never had Aussie Beef. :D

Not to mention some of the other foods that are home grown in the land of Oz & dispatched throughout the world....no doubt to UG's homeland.

I don't think the fast food UG is referring to is really claimed by Australia....its just Aussies put their own spin on those foods....there are some excellant 'dogs eyes' shops in Aussie.....I accept they originated elsewhere, its just the Aussies do it better! :o

No matter what way you look at it...Maccas is just, well err Maccas!

No one thinks that an Aussie would be silly enought to knock anyone else's food as Aussie cuisine is mostly just really bad British bar snacks or kangaroo road kill.

Perhaps UG, you might explain to me what Aussie cuisine actually is? Whats this really bad British bar snacks & Kangaroo road kill, errr what part of Australia have you been to?? You have been to Australia, havent you? :o

Many times and I am talking about meat pies and such. To be honest, food in Australia is mostly copied from England and America, but not very well in most places. I did find some really good food in Sydney and everyone (in Australia) says that - Melbourne? - is the best. However, I have not made it there yet.

Aussie beef in Thailand really sucks, but I have to admit that I never went looking for the expensive stuff in Australia, however, would guess that it is no better than other places.

disgusting place and contributing to obesity in Thailand and worlwide.

But that's the purpose of MD: establish as many as possible outlets in 3rd World Countries and create obesity and other health-problems, which causes people to move slower. Once the population is slow enough, create a reason to attack them and try to show the World that you're the number one.

Many times and I am talking about meat pies and such. To be honest, food in Australia is mostly copied from England and America, but not very well in most places. I did find some really good food in Sydney and everyone (in Australia) says that - Melbourne? - is the best. However, I have not made it there yet.

Aussie beef in Thailand really sucks, but I have to admit that I never went looking for the expensive stuff in Australia, however, would guess that it is no better than other places.

I am imagining that the Aussie beef you bought in Thailand was either a poor example of Aussie beef or NOT Aussie beef.

Australia has a very big beef business going, it has to be good....if you buy from the Supermarkets in Oz, you are sampling the worse cuts. Australia has the 3 largest Cattle Stations in the world......all in South Australia & Northern Territory....BEEF is good there, don't know what scraggly piece of thai beef you been chewin on UG.

Anyway, would you accept that a quick trip to Sydney, running around as a tourist....your probably not going to sample the best example of Australian Cuisine?

Its a bit like landing into Bangkok for a weeks holiday then professing that theres no decent thai food in thailand. Thailand has some of the most amazing food I've ever sampled.....why on earth would someone come here and eat that MCDONALDS SLOP??

Also, its possible that you have become acustomed to the slop they serve back home....your taste buds have a special aquired taste? What about wines....they good enuf for you?? Australia has some of the best wines in the world? (Now I've opened a can of worms).

Between just San Francisco, New York and New Orleans, Australia does not even come close to winning any food competitions between the two countries. Northern California wines are at least just as good as Oz. :o

Edited by Ulysses G.

Between just San Francisco, New York and New Orleans, Australia does not even come close to winning any food competitions between the two countries. Northern California wines are at least just as good as Oz. :o

Well, in due course I will sample a glass and get back to you. Perhaps you could take me to the US & we can do a bit of a tour, sample the local cuisine & then discuss this a bit further. Your shout of course :D , I'll pay for the coffee @ the airports. PS: I only fly Business class, so please book accordingly.

I like McDonalds Big Breakfast and I often order two. So there !

Eat them while you can, because you won't get them in the cardiac ward of any hospital!

:o:D

Rather ironically I was told a while ago by someone in the industry that the McD's at Bumrungrad Hospital in Bangkok (yes, you read that correctly for those that didn't know) has the highest turnover of any McD's in Thailand.

Thailand for frying every thing and load it with heaps of salt and sugar :o

Fast frying of vegetables and serving them crisp is actually quite a healthy way to eat them. You don't see too many obese Thais who eat mainly Thai food. It's the rich Thais who partake of all the other junk who get fat.

disgusting place and contributing to obesity in Thailand and worlwide.

But that's the purpose of MD: establish as many as possible outlets in 3rd World Countries and create obesity and other health-problems, which causes people to move slower. Once the population is slow enough, create a reason to attack them and try to show the World that you're the number one.

Hey pal. Use you judgment & shuffle on by Mickey Dee's with your eyes clamped shut.

Use the same technique on your mouth.

Eat them while you can, because you won't get them in the cardiac ward of any hospital!

:o:D

Rather ironically I was told a while ago by someone in the industry that the McD's at Bumrungrad Hospital in Bangkok (yes, you read that correctly for those that didn't know) has the highest turnover of any McD's in Thailand.

Ditto Phaya Thai hosp. A few baht to an orderly will get you as many McMuffin as you want from the Mickey Dee's down near the car park. Make mine McMuffin with egg cheese & hash browns.

Biggest turnover McD in Thailand has to be Seacon Square. Monster Turnover.

Edited by dotcom

Americans are quite happy to ignore the fact that British food is every bit as greasy and unhealthy as our fast foods until some big-mouth, no class yob starts throwing stones at us. People in glass houses and all of that rot! :o

Having spent most of my life living in ex-British colonies (NZ, Australia, S.Africa) I can tell you that we have always had a choice of the finest fast foods from American AND Great Britain. Why choose one when you can have both. Fish n' chips one day, McDonalds the next. :D

Edited by tropo

The food in Perth is really really good. Freshest possible locally grown ingredients.

Try the local grown Dongarra "Lobster" "crayfish" or whatever they're called. Baramundi is nice too.

To be honest, food in Australia is mostly copied from England and America, but not very well in most places. I did find some really good food in Sydney and everyone (in Australia) says that - Melbourne? - is the best. However, I have not made it there yet.

You can find any food you like tailored to any taste you fancy. Aussie food is not a copy of British or American food, but an Australian interpretation to suit the taste of Australians. Of course if you eat at American franchises (McDonalds, KFC) you'll get an exact copy in most cases.

What you eat in Australia depends on your heritage. When I grew up all our food tasted Dutch cooked by my Dutch mother. Not a copy, but the genuine item down to every little detail. The taste sensations available in Australia are extremely diverse due to the multicultural nature of its population.

Having said that, most British people complain about everything in Australia (and NZ) too. It's their nature.

UG, After you take me on a tour of the very best the yanks can throw at us, I will take you up the Cape York Peninsula in far north Queensland, we can set up camp somewhere, I will take you fishing and catch a real nice Barra, then I will cook up a feed by the campfire....some of the finest Australian Bush Tucker....you will never see food in the same light again.

You really havent experience true Aussie outback feed....might even throw in some Echidna & Wichidy grubs just for good measure.

:D:D

Maybe for staff, or brought in for patients, but I am sure not on the hospital menus!!

:o