Tv Commentators

2long

anything that comes out of andy gray's mouth annoys me (sky sports UK).

some knob decided to have him do voiceover on the FIFA game too - aaaaaaaaaaaargh!!!

Don't you just love it when he starts patting himself on the back."I knew that would happen,Martin" or "I told you that before the game,Martin."

he made a dick of himself on saturday by saying at 1-0 to united, 'the only way rafa was going to win this game with alonso out would be to bring gerrard back into midfield and play babel further up'. he doesn't know any more than the average muppet football fan, just has a bigger platform to put it across and that growling, passionate scots growl so beloved of tv football producers.

anything that comes out of andy gray's mouth annoys me (sky sports UK).

some knob decided to have him do voiceover on the FIFA game too - aaaaaaaaaaaargh!!!

Don't you just love it when he starts patting himself on the back."I knew that would happen,Martin" or "I told you that before the game,Martin."

he made a dick of himself on saturday by saying at 1-0 to united, 'the only way rafa was going to win this game with alonso out would be to bring gerrard back into midfield and play babel further up'. he doesn't know any more than the average muppet football fan, just has a bigger platform to put it across and that growling, passionate scots growl so beloved of tv football producers.

Stevie, you need to get out more. How many times have you watch the replay of this game to remember that point made by him?

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know his name, but there's a Spanish chap, who does "English" commentary on some la Liga games, his accent / mixing up of words / general commentary is hilarious, makes even the worst game watchable.

Who is this Shevi Singh chap? He talks absolute <deleted>, yet gives an air of being informed about the game, (which he's not). Is he a former player? I've followed world football for many years, and don't remember his name as a player.

It amuses me when commentators talk about Michael Owen and the England team, it's obvious Capello will never pick him, as his gambling habits cause unrest in the squad, remember Rooney owing him a vast amount of money over a card game? Rooney is early 20s, has 10-12 years of England games ahead of him, Owen is nearly 30, extremely injury prone, and is way past his best. Capello's no mug, yet still these commentators talk about Owen and England. :o

Who is this Shevi Singh chap? He talks absolute <deleted>, yet gives an air of being informed about the game, (which he's not). Is he a former player? I've followed world football for many years, and don't remember his name as a player.

I think it's Shebby actually. He's an ex Malaysia defender - not that that makes him well known of course - but then i don't remember Jamie Reeves or that muppet Paul Masefield for that matter.

On the latest Football Focus,McMahon must have said"At this moment in time" fifty times.He must have been talking to Glenn Hoddle all week.I could also detect an air of animosity between Masefield and Andrew Leci which made the programme mildly entertaining.

There was an amusing article by Roger Crutchley in Sunday's Bangkok Post where he picks apart some of the <deleted> that is uttered by the media.

I think it's Shebby actually. He's an ex Malaysia defender - not that that makes him well known of course - but then i don't remember Jamie Reeves or that muppet Paul Masefield for that matter.

Sheby is ex Malaysian International, and did play for them when they were reasonably good in SE Asia. Masefield was a <deleted> journeyman who played for Stockport, Birmingham and Exeter to name a few, but he is actually not a bad bloke. Jamie Reeves is not an ex footballer, but in fairness to him, he doesn't talk as much <deleted> as some of the other idiots that they have on. As for Macca, he's an ass, always look forward to Klinghorn giving him a bit of shit!!

Jim Beglin on ITV, no matter what he says i just want to beat him, plus he doesnt come close to being impartial when commentating on his beloved team from the European Capital of Crime.

All commentators on ITV are w4nk and should be dropped in the middle of the north pole in flip flops and be made to find their own way home.

Also after just watching the autocue reading Asian guy on the once worthy Football Focus he should be given his P45, he got the job purely because Indians/Pakistanis are crap at football and the Beeb believe they can single handedly change this by appointing some posh uni kid who knows nowt about football on their now ruined show.

Maybe this topic would have been better if it had been about commentators we like ... Ian Darke who has done the boxing and footy on Sky for years is one of the better ones, he just tells you whats happening and you dont get any far out controvercial <deleted> off him like you do with most others.

Sheby is ex Malaysian International, and did play for them when they were reasonably good in SE Asia. Masefield was a <deleted> journeyman who played for Stockport, Birmingham and Exeter to name a few, but he is actually not a bad bloke. Jamie Reeves is not an ex footballer, but in fairness to him, he doesn't talk as much <deleted> as some of the other idiots that they have on. As for Macca, he's an ass, always look forward to Klinghorn giving him a bit of shit!!

Jamie Reeves actually is an ex footballer playing Non league in the UK and managing to get to Wembley twice ,not a bad feat. He moved to Singapore and did play for one season in the S League before retiring. With a Batchelor degree in Economics he obviously saw his future there and has recent retired from teaching after 29 years. All on Wikipedia if anyone should want more info.

sanmiguel wrote

"Also after just watching the autocue reading Asian guy on the once worthy Football Focus he should be given his P45, he got the job purely because Indians/Pakistanis are crap at football and the Beeb believe they can single handedly change this by appointing some posh uni kid who knows nowt about football on their now ruined show."

For some reason the BBC have started to use presenters who are not football connected on their shows, apart from the young asian chap, who I agree is a dreadful presenter, they also have the plank from the "One show" on match of the day, who's a white chap by the way, before I get accused of racism. Both of these people seem to bemuse the regular "real" football pundits, such as Hansen. The BBC took a chance on Gary Lineker, who has grown into the job, why not try someone else who actually knows something about the game?

The one I really can't stand on the BBC is Garth Crooks, liked him as a player, but the way he talks is so annoying.

Also glad that Ron Atkinson has gone, "early doors", what's that about?

'the chap from the one show' is adrian chiles i presume, proper journalist and presenter and a thoroughly likeable bloke. baggies fanatic too whose football knowledge puts the likes of crisp salesman lineker to shame.

The one I really can't stand on the BBC is Garth Crooks, liked him as a player, but the way he talks is so annoying.

Crooks is an utter utter fuc_kwit! Ask any Stoke fan what they think of him and I can guarantee 99.9% of them will say exactly the same - Mr big time charlie who hasn't got a good word to say about anything to do with Stoke or the area. Which is incredibly sad considering he was born in Stoke, played for Stoke (was given his big break) and when playing for Stoke was pretty much idolised by the fans.

However as much as he annoys me, Shebby 'I am a clueless fuc_kwit nomark' Shingh makes me want to throw things at the TV at sight - let alone when he opens his mouth. He really is the most utterly clueless and inept pundit I've ever seen which really is some achievement! I guess they have to have a token local on the panel though :o

sanmiguel wrote

"Also after just watching the autocue reading Asian guy on the once worthy Football Focus he should be given his P45, he got the job purely because Indians/Pakistanis are crap at football and the Beeb believe they can single handedly change this by appointing some posh uni kid who knows nowt about football on their now ruined show."

For some reason the BBC have started to use presenters who are not football connected on their shows, apart from the young asian chap, who I agree is a dreadful presenter, they also have the plank from the "One show" on match of the day, who's a white chap by the way, before I get accused of racism. Both of these people seem to bemuse the regular "real" football pundits, such as Hansen. The BBC took a chance on Gary Lineker, who has grown into the job, why not try someone else who actually knows something about the game?

Also glad that Ron Atkinson has gone, "early doors", what's that about?

The interviews Crooks gives in that insipid voice,posing 'in depth' questions which a chimpanzee would sail through,is the nadir in investigative journalism.Ron Atkinson was a blithering idiot and,I suppose believable,some of his meaningless phrases became the norm in football pundits very own language.

Big Ron might of been a blithering idiot BUT at least he was an entertaining one with a decent knowledge on the game. I kind of miss his jibberish!

Big Ron is a legend. "Hollywood Ball", and all his other cliches are pure class. :o

'the chap from the one show' is adrian chiles i presume, proper journalist and presenter and a thoroughly likeable bloke. baggies fanatic too whose football knowledge puts the likes of crisp salesman lineker to shame.

Aye, that's him. I'm terrible with names, as you may have gathered. Explains why he always looks so uncomfortable on MOTD, he's spent all season looking up. :o

Mr Chiles seems to be flavour of the month at the beeb, along with that bird with the come to bed eyes, who's his co-presenter on the one show, can't stand either of 'em personally. And no, I can't remember her name either, and I don't care. I'm old, retired and entitled to my eccentricities!