Give Blood

Pudgimelon

I'm ashamed to say I didn't think of this myself, but a friend of mine called me yesterday to remind me to go donate blood.

Common and rare blood types are desperately needed to aid tourists and locals injured in the tsunamis. I've also heard announcements being made on Thai television calling for people to come in and make blood donations, and they were specifically requesting AB+, AB-, A+ and other blood types that are uncommon in Thailand.

My friend told me that there is a collection going on at Chulangkorn University, though I'm sure a local hospital would be able to give you directions on where blood is being collected in your area.

Everyone should try to donate blood if you are healthy and have a little free time. At a time like this, your gift would most certainly save a life.

Correction: The blood drive is at the Red Cross center, on Henri Dumant (sp) Road, here's the phone number: 02-256-4300, though good luck getting through, it's been busy all day. Shouldn't be too hard to find the place though, and I believe they are open until 7:00PM or 7:30PM.

Edited by Pudgimelon

Was bit concerned about your topic heading......Blood is blood all over the world, However as I am not sure of common blood types in Asia I wont go there.

As far as I know

O negative blood is always in demand in disasters as it is the universal blood type...most people can accept O neg irrespective of their own blood type, some rarer types are the exception.

Unfortunately, O negs can only receive O neg blood.