Pattaya To Bang Saen (burapha University)

universe2000

I would like to travel from Pattaya to Bang Saen (Burapha University).

I believe there is a bus that travels along Sukhumwit that I can pick up. I prefer to go directly from Sukhumwit (in South Pattaya) to Burapha University. There is an aquarium called Underworld at the entrance of Burapha University if that helps. I heard that I can take a bus to Nong Mon Market and then take a truck to the university.

Thanks for the help.

Do you know if the orange buses stay on Sukhumvit or do they traverse through some Soi's along the way?

I guess if I picked one up that said Bangkok it would stay on Sukhumvit until I get off at Nong Mon Market.

There is a bus station a few blocks from the University but not sure which bus goes there, or it is a direct route.

The buses (orange-blue-white or blue-white) do have their Pattaya stops at the junctions South Pattaya Road - Sukhumvit, Central Pattaya Road - Sukhumvit, North Pattaya Road- Sukhumvit and in Banglamung. Basically, they'll stop for you at any place along Sukhumvit!!

They stop at fixed places along the route and if you would like them to stop. (Laem Chabang, Ao Udom, Sri Racha, Bang Prah, Nong Mong Market (don't get off here), Bang Saen, and further down the road towards Chonburi City.

Don't get off the bus at the Nong Mong Market, because it's pretty far to the Uni in Bang Saen.

Get off the bus at the first traffic lights AFTER the Nong Mong market. This road (to the left) leads to Bang Saen Beach, passing the uni. A song teaw will be available.

I stopped by a bus stop by Thepprasit/Sukhumwit Road. A high school student was there and helped me get on the bus. She mentioned that some buses stop frequently and take a long time to get to Chonburi. I was on a bus that said Sattahip/Chonburi. She mentioned that the Pattaya/Bangkok bus stops a lot.

I was going to get off at Nong Mong market but the bus attendant forgot that I wanted to get off there (I had a general idea of where it was at). So when we stopped at the traffic light, I just got off. It was a 40 baht trip. It took about 1 hour, 15 minutes. The truck was 10 baht. I think there are trucks at Nong Mong market, so I am not too concerned if I get off the bus at Nong Mong market.

On the way back, it was somewhat of an adventure. I was on Sukhumwit and just flagged down a bus that said Chonburi/Sattahip. There was a teenager that jumped off and got me on the bus. Once on, there was no air conditioning. And the bus was full with about 10 people standing. The attendant came by and charged me 60 baht. I think he was a little upset because I stepped on his foot when the bus slowed down. The next guy in line also stepped on his foot when he went to get his fare. I think he will wear shoes next time. The bus was very slow and stopped frequently.

I guess I'll have to just gamble when I get on those buses. It not clear which ones are fast and which ones are slow. Or which ones are air conditioned. I'll have to write down the bus number...maybe that will help.