Haircut Or Salon For Curly Hair

TofuGirl

Hello. I am new to CM and am not sure how to find a place to cut my super curly hair. I have been to a few places already and many of the Thai ladies are afraid they will mess mine up, so now I am stuck. Do any of you girls (or boys!) out there with curly hair have someone you trust to go to? My ends are driving me crazy and I don't want to just go anyplace. I hope somebody out there will do a decent job for a budget resident.

lol Blinky Bill. I see why my girlfriend 'a lurker' warned me about your types here. If I drove an MG would you just tell me to go fix it at the Toyota shop? Fixing a car is not rocket science either, but it has its distinctions. I have curly hair that needs special knowledge. Thais just don't get much practice on gals like me so I was hoping some lady (not chased off the forum by wise cracking older men) would be able to recommend someone or some place to me. Something helpful or nice to say, good. Want to say something else, maybe you ought to go try out that #2 haircut on your girlfriend and enjoy.

So, exactly how budget minded are you and how curley is the hair ?

There is a place beside me that does poodles for under 100 baht, you might even get a flea treatment thrown in for that money. If you are looking for some warm clothing then they might be able to fit you up for a nice coat with matching hat and 4 booties.

No matter what type of hair you have here, what shape you head is you are always guaranteed to get a bad haircut. I agree with BB who suggests a # 2 buzz cut, after years of looking like some Thai school boy I gave up and and now a fan of no hair at all.

lol Blinky Bill. I see why my girlfriend 'a lurker' warned me about your types here. If I drove an MG would you just tell me to go fix it at the Toyota shop? Fixing a car is not rocket science either, but it has its distinctions. I have curly hair that needs special knowledge. Thais just don't get much practice on gals like me so I was hoping some lady (not chased off the forum by wise cracking older men) would be able to recommend someone or some place to me. Something helpful or nice to say, good. Want to say something else, maybe you ought to go try out that #2 haircut on your girlfriend and enjoy.

She uses a number 2 and on the odd occasion a number 0 but not on her head.

Sorry I don't have anything helpful to say but...

Cutting hair is not rocket science.
I see why my girlfriend 'a lurker' warned me about your types here.If I drove an MG would you just tell me to go fix it at the Toyota shop? Fixing a car is not rocket science either, but it has its distinctions.

...is excellent. :o

Edited by adjan jb

She uses a number 2 and on the odd occasion a number 0 but not on her head.

Nice one BB

But, in reference to it not being "not rocket science" some of the places here in Chiangmai would have you believe that it is :o

Fixing cars is rocket science compared to cutting hair but then I hate to get an mg fixed here... I wish you luck.

Why is it that whenever a newbie asks a question, a bunch of smart asses suddenly feel the need to get off the couch and try to be funny (at least I presume that's what they are trying to be)?

Because ................ drum roll please .................... that is how this forum works and if anyone new to it takes the time to read some similar postings they will see that unless they ask about where to get a great burger or a free glass of water, their honest question will get a predictable reply.

Why is it that whenever a newbie asks a question, a bunch of smart asses suddenly feel the need to get off the couch and try to be funny (at least I presume that's what they are trying to be)?

Because ................ drum roll please .................... that is how this forum works and if anyone new to it takes the time to read some similar postings they will see that unless they ask about where to get a great burger or a free glass of water, their honest question will get a predictable reply.

Yep guess so, the wannabe funnies and the ego massagers need to come out to play.

Where CAN you get a great burger with a free glass of water? :o

Up Theos, arse holes are found throughout the world and it seems many hang around on-line forums. Most people couldn't give a dam_n. But some do. Relax.

Up Theos, arse holes are found throughout the world and it seems many hang around on-line forums. Most people couldn't give a dam_n. But some do. Relax.

:o In relaxed mode BB.

Thanks Neinke for the help, and the other gentlemen out there too. Luckily curly hair can wait to be cut for a long time but I will go have a looksee off Hway Kaw this week.

But as for the rascals - I bet they wish they still had hair on their heads to cut.

• 5 months later...