Chinese New Year

~G~

Anybody knows what is the exact date of the chinese new year ? And whether the days before and after are holidays? When is heavy traffic expected?

Feb. 9 - 2005.

The heavy traffic however starts already around Thursday/Friday 3/4th Feb !! and will last about 1 to 2 weeks around the 9th.

Anybody knows what is the exact date of the chinese new year ? And whether the days before and after are holidays? When is heavy traffic expected?

Feb. 9 - 2005.

The heavy traffic however starts already around Thursday/Friday 3/4th Feb !! and will last about 1 to 2 weeks around the 9th.

I will be coming for a short business trip that should end on Feb. 23. I will need to move around a lot, both in BKK and throughout Thailand. Is there a point arriving on the 10th or will it be better to wait a few more days?

I dont really think its that much of a problem, you'll get heavy traffic a few days before as people working in BKK head home, up here its a big celebration as nearly every one is thai/chineese, but its not an offical holiday in thailand. I would'nt of thought you would have problems with the traffic for 2 weeks!!