First Time To Re-new My Retirement Visa

bunta71

Will be doing the first re-newal of my retirement visa received a year ago. Wondering if the Chiang Mai immigration has come up with anything new or contrived as requirements that are not addressed in any appropriate places? Looking for a quick list of what may be required from someonewho has recently done the first time re-newal and not the initial application.I have to do it for myself, my Philippina wife

and six year old daughter. Thanks, Jack

P.S. are all of the of the requirements such as confirmation of proof of marriage,Daughters birth certificates etc., and other things they have on file reduntantly required again?

Edited by bunta71

My 'first time re-newal' went off without a hitch last Oct. My wife is Thai and I converted from a Non-O to begin with so having a bunch of paperwork for her or kids wasn't an issue. Besides the standard applications forms and sundries, the main document required was the notarized statement of income from the US Consulate. Everything was quite straightforward and it took less than an hour from arrival to back home - of course I got there fairly early in the morning mid-week. If all your paperwork is in order there shouldn't be any problems, the staff don't seem to be harboring any hidden agendas and seem to prefer processing retirement applications, finding them simple to handle as well as acceptable. Good luck

My 'first time re-newal' went off without a hitch last Oct. My wife is Thai and I converted from a Non-O to begin with so having a bunch of paperwork for her or kids wasn't an issue. Besides the standard applications forms and sundries, the main document required was the notarized statement of income from the US Consulate. Everything was quite straightforward and it took less than an hour from arrival to back home - of course I got there fairly early in the morning mid-week. If all your paperwork is in order there shouldn't be any problems, the staff don't seem to be harboring any hidden agendas and seem to prefer processing retirement applications, finding them simple to handle as well as acceptable. Good luck

I rocked up on Christmas day to do my retirement renewal which previously processed in Bangkok. Had the following

(a) letter from Bank showing the 800,000b had been there for at least 3 mths.

(:o Passport and copies of inside facing page ,o visa and past retirement visa, photocopy of departure card (original stapled inside )

© original of last 90 day reporting.

No medical certificate was required and was out of there, despite a crowd ,in about 1 hour.

I rocked up on Christmas day to do my retirement renewal which previously processed in Bangkok. Had the following

(a) letter from Bank showing the 800,000b had been there for at least 3 mths.

( :o Passport and copies of inside facing page ,o visa and past retirement visa, photocopy of departure card (original stapled inside )

© original of last 90 day reporting.

No medical certificate was required and was out of there, despite a crowd ,in about 1 hour.

Renewed mine this past October, for the sixth time. I have never had problem or surprises from CM Immigration.

I remember reading your post bunta71, about the disarray and craziness last year you had with the misunderstanding about the original documents, vs. the simple consular letter certifying the documents.....

Don't worry, you just have pre-application butterflies.

The truth is, the Chiang Mai Immigration office has to be one of the best run, efficient, fair and customer-friendly immigration offices in Thailand.

Go to the Visa Immigration forum, and read some of the threads from members complaining about arbitrary/confused/weird issues with certain (other) offices.

I rarely see these complaints regarding the Chiang Mai Immigration office- they seem to have their act together very well.

You'll be fine.

PS I'm on retirement (visa) extension #3, issued last Sept- in and out in about 2 hours (only because the multi-entry permit takes another 40 or so minutes, and is a separate process).

I just renewed my retirement visa this week. If you want to be extra careful, you can do as I just did, and go to Star Visa.. They were originally recommended to me by an officer at the American Consulate.(Actually he didn't recommend them since staff are not allowed to, but he did allude to an agency that was just up the street from the consulate.) They tell you what documents you need to obtain, and once you bring those documents, arrange it all very neatly. The charge is 500 baht. (or 600 if you want them to take your photos).