Looking For Some Supplements, Any Recommendations?

favre360

Hey guys wondering if anyone can tell me where to get Milk Thistle around here. It's something I have been looking for and its good for the liver. Also are there any digestive enzymes you'd recommend besides the ones in the little bottles in 7/11 (They're called Healthy something or other with Q-10)?

I think I can probably find Flax Seed Oil (good for the joints) in Food Land but are there any brand name joint supplements with more than just glucosamine here or would I have to order over the internet? Sorry for all the questions, and thank you for all that answer!

These things are not as readily available in Thailand as in the west. GNC (branches in many malls) has probably the largest selection but still limited and also quite pricey.

There was a post sometime back that mentioned a place on Sukhumvit near I think Soi 15, and I believe it may have mentioned milk thistle - try googling this forum for it.

Have heard some of the higher end spas sell the digestive enzymes - as used (together with probiotics) to restore the healthly enviroment in the stomach/digestive tract after colonics. Expensive though (and probably little selection)! So makes more sense to get from abroad somehow. Never seen flax oil in any supermarket but GNC sells as capsules. Instead I just buy the flax seeds (in some of the higher end supermarkets) and put on my musli/in food. Cheers!

Edited by Firefan

Musile contains many ingredients for good health and simple parsley flakes are good for the digestive system , that sprig or two of parsley on your plate is there for more than just appearance . Vegetables with a wide spectrum of colours are a good supply of a cure for that which ails you , colour indicates content of nutrients assential to your body . Forget white rice which has most of the nutrients removed in proccessing and opt for brown rice , a much healthier choice , oh , and that water you cooked the vegetables in , do not discard it , that is where many of the vitamins go during cooking , use it for gravy mix . Better yet , make more soups and reap the whole benefit of your vegetables , nothing new , my mother taught me that as a child and do not to forget to add the lentils and parsley . :o:D

These things are not as readily available in Thailand as in the west. GNC (branches in many malls) has probably the largest selection but still limited and also quite pricey.

There was a post sometime back that mentioned a place on Sukhumvit near I think Soi 15, and I believe it may have mentioned milk thistle - try googling this forum for it.

Correct, there is a vitamin shop near Robinson/Mc Donalds which sells it, near Sukhomvit 19, walk from mc Donalds direction soi 17, first pharmacy you pass.

I have asked about this before too and got no good answers... now I order things off of eBay.

Hi Girl X, which Ebay sight? from the states?

I also order things, clothes, from Ebay but found shipping from HK and UK sights was much cheaper then the US.

THanks for teh info.

I have asked about this before too and got no good answers... now I order things off of eBay.

Hi Girl X, which Ebay sight? from the states?

I also order things, clothes, from Ebay but found shipping from HK and UK sights was much cheaper then the US.

THanks for teh info.

I purchase all of my dietary supplements from Puritans Pride in the U.S. http://www.puritan.com/

They have good prices, deliver to Thailand and their quality is rated very high by Consumer Reports Magazine.

A good digestive aid is Bromelain. Taken with food it acts as a digestive aid; taken without food it acts as an anti-inflamitory.

I was trying to get a different url and came up with this..

http://www.ya4you.com/

they sell flaxseed oil too but who knows how it all works and if it is reliable as it is in Thai...

Please see my next topic for the real site I was trying to find :o

Also does someone know where I can get Iron supplements?

Edited by MisterMan