Fax Office

Asmerom

Can anyone tell me where I can find, in Chiang Mai, a modern, efficient, place to send a fax to the UK? Some places have very old looking machines, some can't send abroad, some don't give you a receipt.

Can anyone tell me where I can find, in Chiang Mai, a modern, efficient, place to send a fax to the UK? Some places have very old looking machines, some can't send abroad, some don't give you a receipt.

there must be a C.A.T office in chaingmai, i wanted to send a fax in chaingrai and got quoted 150 bhat to the UK

so i went to the C.A.T office in chaingrai they sold me a 100 bhat fax card and sent the fax when i got back home

i checked how much money was left on the card to my surprise there was still 87 bhat left on the card.

i dont think you can beat that for value

soap: quote:

there must be a C.A.T office in chaingmai, i wanted to send a fax in chaingrai and got quoted 150 bhat to the UK

so i went to the C.A.T office in chaingrai they sold me a 100 bhat fax card and sent the fax when i got back home

i checked how much money was left on the card to my surprise there was still 87 bhat left on the card.

i dont think you can beat that for value

Certainly sounds like good value but there must be a catch somewhere. 13 baht for a fax to the UK !! I've just been to Buddy Internet ( thanks to Bill97) in CM and was charged 50baht for one page to the UK. I was very happy with their sevice.

In Mae Rim I paid 150baht to some woman in a poky little shop. A clear rip off. No receipt and I'm sure she sent it to the wrong number. But I will be searching out a CAT office to see if I can get the same good value. Many thanks for the tip.

Edited by Asmerom

Main Post Office near the train station used to send fax at reasonable prices, office upstairs with the phone service.

Telephone company office on West side of the Super Highway just South of the Macro intersection also used to send fax at low prices.

That was many years ago but probably still possible.