Farang´s In Pattaya

David Barker

My wife and I are coming to Pattaya in late Jan with a view to buying a retirement home in the area. Can anyone suggest a place there where the farang´s meet up so that we can gather up information on the do´s and don´ts and how not to get scammed.

Father in law has a house in Ban Chang but we would prefer to be nearer to pattaya preferably near the beach. Looking forward to meeting some of you.

David & Inge

Naklua is a nice area, not too far from Pattaya. It has the best beachs in the Pattaya area, plus some nice properties close by. However, I would rent for at least 6 months before even thinking of buying. Long enough to hear all the horror stories and form you're own opinions. Good luck.

David & Inge:

Whats the problem?

Want too meet new ppl?... or want to buy some land?

I assure you, search some , and you will find a lot of land-brokers.

I do NOT recommand the near area of pattaya then..... :o

But....offcourse....thats up to you.

Sorry messed that up

We want both to meet new people and to buy either a house or land to build one.

We have tried finding propery /land through web sites but for Pattaya area there is very little detail if you look at sites for say Hua Him you get photos location maps etc. so we are grateful for any input.

There are two Ex-Pat Clubs in Pattaya. One is Pattaya Ex-Pat Club, meets at Green Tree Restaurant on Sat. morning 11:30am for food, noon for the meeting. All are welcome.

The other is Pattaya City Ex-Pat Club and meets every Sunday at 9:30am for BF, 65bt to 180bt, meeting at 10:30. Meets at Henry J. Beans Restaurant in front of the Amari Orchid Hotel, Beach Rd. No charge for the meeting.

Both clubs will have dozens of members that live in Pattaya and can walk you through the process of living in Pattaya, buying or renting a house or condo, buying or renting a car, telephone. etc. It would helpful to attend the meetings once in Pattaya and ask as many questions as you can think of. The websites also offer advice for new residents. Good luck.