Does the APEC meeting in Bangkok worry?

george

Does the apec meeting in bangkok worry?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Prime ministers and presidents -- including George W. Bush -- are due in Bangkok for the biennial APEC gathering and security analysts say they pose a tempting target for terrorists.

Does the APEC meeting in Bangkok worry you?

No, should it do?

But 3,000 CIA spooks and gawd knows how many Chinese, Russian,etc, geeks of other countries security forces wandering the streets and the fact that the poor of BKK will be kicked into touch again, ought to worry the Thai people and their proud claims to never having been colonised. Corporatised and coca-colanised doesn't count I guess.

The stated concern about ancillary attacks against western tourists worries me a lot more than a bunch of politicians getting blown up. If the extremists are going to do a hit then it stands to reason the best time would be when all the foreign media is in town. Maby its got something to do with the crackdown?

The stated concern about ancillary attacks against western tourists worries me a lot more than a bunch of politicians getting blown up. If the extremists are going to do a hit then it stands to reason the best time would be when all the foreign media is in town. Maby its got something to do with the crackdown?

This is a valid point. Would say just stay away from any of the international hotels, especially US-owned ones. Patpong and Nana are known around the world, so stay for a few days away. Cowboy might be safe unless G.W. wants to visit.