Save The Buffalo

losworld

I'm very concerned. After spending some time in various bars it has come to my attention through conversations with girls from Isaan that there is some type of mysterious illness effecting great populations of buffalo in northern Thailand. Many farang have provided financial assistance to buy medicine, whiskey, tv's, etc. to families of the sick buffalo but it appears they become infected again soon after. Therefore I am urging the Thai government to launch an official investigation into the virus effecting the buffalo. Stop the carnage! SAVE THE BUFFALO!!!!!!!!!! :o

I'm very concerned. After spending some time in various bars it has come to my attention through conversations with girls from Isaan that there is some type of mysterious illness effecting great populations of buffalo in northern Thailand. Many farang have provided financial assistance to buy medicine, whiskey, tv's, etc. to families of the sick buffalo but it appears they become infected again soon after. Therefore I am urging the Thai government to launch an official investigation into the virus effecting the buffalo. Stop the carnage! SAVE THE BUFFALO!!!!!!!!!! :o

You must go to strange places, I hear more about the tractors today.

Lets see how long this thread stays open :D

Perhaps another investigation into defective tractor parts would be in order. I'd be willing to head a committee to further investigate these issues. Of course we will need some donations from members to pay for costs such as travel, hotel, meals, whiskey, girls and of course some money to send to the families affected. Any volunteers?

I'm sorry, but this really is no laughing matter - its serious!!

Only the other day, a friend of mine was telling me his girlfriend's father had a motorbike accident when he hit this buffalo head on at 60 KMH.

The father, buffalo and suzuki all needed extensive hospital treatment. :o

I thought it was quite amusing, can't see a reason for it to be shut down at the moment, just depends on where the conversation drifts.

As for Tractors, Moonrakers is the TV resident expert, so he says. :D

I thought it was quite amusing, can't see a reason for it to be shut down at the moment, just depends on where the conversation drifts.

I can't read and I can't write, but I can drive a tractor :D

I have recently applied for and been granted rare NGO status for the "Sick Thai Buffalo Foundation" (rights reserved). Soon the S.T.B.F. will launch an in depth, full scale, hands on study of both the buffalo population in thailand and the mysterious myriad of maladies which seem to affect it much more so than it's Cambodian, Burmese or Laotian brethren.

Right now we are taking contributions to finance this oh-so costly endeavor. (Good food, First Class hotels, the mandatory Black Toyota Land Cruisers, GPS Tracking systems, along with the ancillary needs of our on the ground research staff are not cheap in Issan).

Thankfully for you; payments can be made in cash; which are preferably in small multi-denomination unmarked US bills (please note; no sequential serial numbers accepted). We also accept direct money transfer and of course the standard online payment companies. If you are interested in getting to the bottom of this peculiar, perhaps even highly contagious, yet difficult to diagnose illness in the domestic thai buffalo population please consider contributing, even though it is not tax deductible.

Who knows when this malady may strike a buffalo near you, perhaps even one you know intimately.

Call now operators are standing by (they are NOT sitting, but standing) and they are anxiously awaiting your call.

The number is easy to remember; 1-SAVE-A-THAI-KWAI

I have recently applied for and been granted rare NGO status for the "Sick Thai Buffalo Foundation" (rights reserved). Soon the S.T.B.F. will launch an in depth, full scale, hands on study of both the buffalo population in thailand and the mysterious myriad of maladies which seem to affect it much more so than it's Cambodian, Burmese or Laotian brethren.

Right now we are taking contributions to finance this oh-so costly endeavor. (Good food, First Class hotels, the mandatory Black Toyota Land Cruisers, GPS Tracking systems, along with the ancillary needs of our on the ground research staff are not cheap in Issan).

Thankfully for you; payments can be made in cash; which are preferably in small multi-denomination unmarked US bills (please note; no sequential serial numbers accepted). We also accept direct money transfer and of course the standard online payment companies. If you are interested in getting to the bottom of this peculiar, perhaps even highly contagious, yet difficult to diagnose illness in the domestic thai buffalo population please consider contributing, even though it is not tax deductible.

Who knows when this malady may strike a buffalo near you, perhaps even one you know intimately.

Call now operators are standing by (they are NOT sitting, but standing) and they are anxiously awaiting your call.

Dear Mr Daniels,

I'm glad to see this issue being taken seriously, as there is clearly a significant problem with buffalo population in Thailand. I can see this being a very productive NGO for the administrative staff and project manager.

I am interested in working for S.T.B.F , Do you have any current vacancies, as I'd love a Landrover and have a clean driving licence. I also like buffaloes, as they are cute and hardworking, just like me.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Mr Toad

198/ 3 Soi Sendmonee 4

Saphan Kwai

Dear Mr Daniels,

I'm glad to see this issue being taken seriously, as there is clearly a significant problem with buffalo population in Thailand. I can see this being a very productive NGO for the administrative staff and project manager.

I am interested in working for S.T.B.F , Do you have any current vacancies, as I'd love a Landrover and have a clean driving licence. I also like buffaloes, as they are cute and hardworking, just like me.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Mr Toad

198/ 3 Soi Sendmonee 4

Saphan Kwai

Certainly more amusing than the ' Where's the Pound/Dollar/Euro going' threads that are proliferating lately--even I've contributed one of them.

Funnily enough, my ex-wife's buffalo has recently succumbed--what is going on?

I think that I am beginning to lean a little more towards combine harvesters now.

Howdy, I'm from Texas :o . You need to out-exaggerate the Thais, whose 76 provinces barely fit into the King Ranch.

Why shucks, girl/boy! We got more buffalo in Texas than you can shake your stick at! I had ten sick buffalo at my ranch every day for 18 years. Say, honey-buns, could you give me 88 million baht for all my sick buffalo? Shucks; thanks, y'all.

i too am immensely concerned over the welfare of Thailand's apparant ailing buffalo population. Something needs to be done..

It seems to me that their only chance of survival as a breed, from this terrible disease that is infecting them on what appears now to be a nationwide scale, is to indeed buy

their owners the very latest brand new 50" plasma (or LCD, depending on just how seriously ill the animal actually is) Television.

This initial remedy should immediately see any buffalo's begin to pick up a little, but to ensure their gradual recovery to full strength a regular course of injections would be strongly recommended.

These may take the form of 70cl of 35 degree directly (& daily) into the bloodstream of the animals owners, their family & friends.

Diet is another factor toward a buffalo's full recovery from serious illness, so ensure that only the best possible quality produce is available at all times.. MK Restaurant's offer a good solution for this.

Treatment for these poor buffalo's can be expensive but please remember, they do need your help..

anyone seriously interested in 'adopting a buffalo' can do so by entering most bars in Pattaya and asking for nok.. or lek.. or.... ....

There is more to this sick buffalo endemic though:

I am willing to bet that the cases of sick buffalo rises in direct correlation to the number of foreign visitors to Thailand. Therefore the mysterious disease must be bought over from the west, with the carriers being the farang. This is then transmitted to the ladies of Thailand that frequent various establishments and the disease is transmitted by way of...er... "Close contact".

Not only are Humans immune to the mystery bug, but also it lays dormant for a while after infecting the Buffalo hence the reason that the Farang doesn't get a request for medical/monetary assistance until after he has returned to his own country.

It's true I tell thee: I suspect that sick Buffalo cases where rare before westerners began visiting Thailand and so therefore it must be our fault.

There can simply be no other explanation!

Edited by Moonrakers

I note that a Mr Tod Daniels is purporting to have authorisation to conduct a study into this most grievious problem.

I believe he is trying a scam - he is offering to accept small denomination, non-sequential bills, this sounds highly suspicious!!

I, myself, have been granted the only permit to raise funds for this important research.

I have negotiated, on your behalf, tax-free status for the foundation.

The foundation will accept credit cards (just mail them to me, don't forget to include the pin number!), electronic transfers between bank accounts (please ask for the necessary "Authority to deduct" form to be sent to you) and, of course, cash, all currencies and denominations accepted.

Mr Daniels also says he needs the funds to go to Issan to study the problem and that Issan is not cheap.

My foundation believes that the closer you get to the problem the less you see of the big picture.

To that end, in the exemplary style of true consultants, we will conduct our research from Bangkok, which is definitely not cheap (it is far more expensive than Issan so more funds are required!)

Also, our advisers and assistants (who tend to be frail, waifish young lasses) need the stability of excellent accommodation, food and trinkets of gold nature.

We can be contacted on 1-BUFFALO-SICK or email [email protected]

Couldn't resist posting this classic, from mangosauce.com. :o

Dear John,

I love you and I miss you too much. I have problem. I tell you before that buffalo me sick. Now it die. Fall down dead in middle of rice field. Bad fortune, when it fall, it land on papa and break his leg in three places. Now he cannot work. Brother me make stretcher from bamboo she take from roof of house. Then roof collapse and rain get in house. He take papa to hospital on motorcycle. He have accident coming home. Run into police car. Brother me to blame. Police say he has to pay big money. Motorcycle OK. Police car kaput. Now gives Mama have heart problem. Doctor say she need triple by-pass. I not understand what is. He say you understand.

Up to now I only work in bar and not go with man. I wait for you come back Pattaya. If you will not help me I have to go with many many many more farang to pay bills.

The old people in my village think that it is all your fault. If you had send me money to buy medicine for sick buffalo when I ask you, then it not die. Papa not break leg, house still have roof, brother not ride into police car and Mama not have heart problem.

Please send me 200,000 baht for my bank. Papa fix 10,000 new roof 30,000, new police car 100,000, mama fix 50,000. I take off 2,000 baht for sell buffalo meat but have to pay more hospital bill for 24 people have problem eat contaminated meat 12,000 baht. I not know money Finland but my friend me say it about 73.598755 baht approximately. This means you send me 6,000 pound.

Couldn't resist posting this classic, from mangosauce.com. :o

Dear John,

I love you and I miss you too much. I have problem. I tell you before that buffalo me sick. Now it die. Fall down dead in middle of rice field. Bad fortune, when it fall, it land on papa and break his leg in three places. Now he cannot work. Brother me make stretcher from bamboo she take from roof of house. Then roof collapse and rain get in house. He take papa to hospital on motorcycle. He have accident coming home. Run into police car. Brother me to blame. Police say he has to pay big money. Motorcycle OK. Police car kaput. Now gives Mama have heart problem. Doctor say she need triple by-pass. I not understand what is. He say you understand.

Up to now I only work in bar and not go with man. I wait for you come back Pattaya. If you will not help me I have to go with many many many more farang to pay bills.

The old people in my village think that it is all your fault. If you had send me money to buy medicine for sick buffalo when I ask you, then it not die. Papa not break leg, house still have roof, brother not ride into police car and Mama not have heart problem.

Please send me 200,000 baht for my bank. Papa fix 10,000 new roof 30,000, new police car 100,000, mama fix 50,000. I take off 2,000 baht for sell buffalo meat but have to pay more hospital bill for 24 people have problem eat contaminated meat 12,000 baht. I not know money Finland but my friend me say it about 73.598755 baht approximately. This means you send me 6,000 pound.

THANKS FOR THIS GEM ... READ IT B4 LONGTIME AGO BUT WAS STORED AWAY FORGOTTEN UNTIL TODAY.. MY LIFE IS NOW WORTH LIVING AGAIN.. TODAYS GONNA BE A GOOD DAY... U CHEERED ME UP ..RAMBLER

Oh Godddddddddddddddd the Nigerians are in on it now!!

Subject: Dear Respected One,

Dear Respected One,

GREETINGS,

I am Wumi Abdul; the only Daughter of late Mr and Mrs George Abdul. My father was a very wealthy BUFFALO merchant in Abidjan,the economic capital of Ivory Coast before he was poisoned to death by his business associates on one of their outing to discus on a business deal. When my mother died on the 21st October 1984, my father took me and my younger brother HASSAN special because we are motherless. Before the death of my father on 30th June 2002 in a private hospital here in Abidjan. He secretly called me on his bedside and told me that he has a sum of 12.500.000 BUFFALOES(Twelve Million, five hundred thousand BUFFALOES) left in a suspense account in a local Bank here in Abidjan, that he used my name as his first Daughter for the next of kin in deposit of the BUFFALOES.

He also explained to me that it was because of this wealth and some huge amount of money his business associates supposed to balance his from the deal they had that he was poisoned by his business associates, that I should seek for a God fearing foreign partner in a country of my choice where I will transfer these BUFFALOES and use it for investment purpose, (such as real estate management). Sir, we are honourably seeking your assistance in the following ways.

1) To provide a Bank account where these BUFFALOES would be transferred to.

2) To serve as the guardian of this since I am a girl of 26 years.

Moreover Sir, we are willing to offer you 15% of the BUFFALOES as compensation for effort input after the successful transfer of this fund to your designate account overseas. please feel free to contact ,me via this email address

[email protected]

Anticipating to hear from you soon.

Thanks and God Bless.

Best regards.

Miss Wumi Abdul