Pantip Vs. Tukcom (pattaya) Pricing.

PMK

Has anyone compared Pantip prices to those at Tukcom? Also, I may be looking at buying 12 or so computer systems. Any suggestions for a shop in either place where I can talk to someone knowledgeable in English about motherboards, display cards, etc. and has all around good service as well as competitive prices?

Thanks,

Peter

The choice will be larger at Pantip. As for prices, if you stick to the Tukcom branches of Pantip (eg Hardware House) the prices will be the same.

As a resident of Bangkok and a frequent visitor of Bangkok, I was never impressed (and still not) with Tukcom.

Good places in Pantip are JediCool (great service) and Busitek (experts, with the high end stuff available).

Indeed, if you stick to the "chain" shops like JIB, Hardware House etc, prices will be exactly the same.

The only reason I might want to go to Bkk, is for some high-end stuff, busitek is mentioned, good for CPU coolers and high-end cases. Not to be found in Pattaya!

I can compare the price of memory.

All the vendors in Tukcom were quoting me 1300bt for the memory I needed which I thought was a bit high.

So I waited till I got to Pantip and asked there and was quoted 750bt.

Big difference for the same product so my advice would be to stay away from Tukcom.

• 11 months later...

Two friends who are very tech savvy have had several PCs built by a guy at TukCom and they highly recommend him.

His name is Khun Gong and he works at the "Banana IT" outlet on the 3rd or 4th floor of TukCom -- not the "Banana" across from the top of the escalator, but the one on the outer perimeter of the building. They say to deal directly with Khun Gong ONLY and nobody else in the shop.

He quoted me around 11,000 Baht for a fairly high-end PC without Monitor several months ago.

I recently purchased a high end PC from Jedicool in Pantip,these are experts and service was superb,the only drawback is if something goes wrong and you have to return the unit to them for repair,www.jedicool.com

Buying 12 machines locally would seem a better option though in your case as 1 or 2 are bound to give some initial trouble.

Go with Hardware House as recommended.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Looking for speakers for my notebook pc, whose mini-speakers are shot. Called Tesco Lotus, found prices begin at 800 baht. I know I can buy speakers for as little as 200 baht, but they're worthless(I bought some and I can attest to that). Does Tuk.com in Pattaya offer a good selection of decent speakers at a reasonable price(600 baht or more)?

Looking for speakers for my notebook pc, whose mini-speakers are shot. Called Tesco Lotus, found prices begin at 800 baht. I know I can buy speakers for as little as 200 baht, but they're worthless(I bought some and I can attest to that). Does Tuk.com in Pattaya offer a good selection of decent speakers at a reasonable price(600 baht or more)?

Yes.

• 2 years later...

But Busitek is bad if you have a problem.

They try everything so they don't need to replace it. I avoid them as good as I can.

While Hardware House and JIB may not know what they sell, but if you come back and tell it is not working they just send it in for repair and call you when they get it back.

Don't expect anything in matter of information....Take Internet....

Hardware House and JIB have the price list on the web.

I always let them assemble the computer, which they do nice and neat and let them install their dogy pirated software (which I remove at home) just to have a quick idea if everything works.

I always let them assemble the computer, which they do nice and neat and let them install their dogy pirated software (which I remove at home) just to have a quick idea if everything works.

If you want to test a PC it's best to do so from an Ubuntu Live CD that you have downloaded yourself. Dodgy pirated software could install rootkits that may be difficult to remove unless you are an expert.