Cabbages & Condoms

bergen

Went to Jomtien last week to pick up a friend. I had earlier been to C&C in Bkk and heard good things about the one in Phratamnak 4 rd. So we went there for lunch, and its a beautiful setting in a very nice garden overlooking the beach!

There were not many guests at the time, but the waitress managed to serve our food to another table, which I will not complain about as it was discovered and repaired quickly.

However we ordered 2 bottles of Singha/Heinecken which I specified had to be yen yen.

When the beer arrived, both bottles were warm, and when I mentioned this to the waitress, she said she could bring us ice. We just finished our food and beer (paid) and left feeling disappointed.

So what do you think???????? Isn't this a "upper quality" place that should provide ice cold beer? :o

went there for the first time late december as a guest of a friend, party of four, three meals served, they forgot the fourth, one meal was undercooked whilst the salmon

had not been boned, we ordered four sweets and got three. All complaints were met with indiference. My first and last vist to Cabbages & Condoms

I ordered a meal, but 5 minutes later they said they had run out. So I ordered a substitute...And guess what, the check bin included the unavailable dish.

What I find really lets the restaurant down is the farang menu. There are relatively few items and some of those are spoiled by unappetizing combinations, roast lamb with mashed potato etc.

A great place to impress about the Thai setting though

So what do you think???????? Isn't this a "upper quality" place that should provide ice cold beer? :o

Cold beer? Where do you think you are? Heidelberg? :D

I'm used to many (most) restaurants in Isaan serving warm beer with ice.

(which I don't drink since I like COLD beer)

However in a touristy area in an "upper class" restaurant, I expect (and demand :D ) to be served cold beer.......................and if not .............I have no interest in going back for a second time! :D

inform the manager/owner asap!

stop complaining, nothing is perfect out there unless, we try and help to make it better - ALL of us!

I've just sent an email to C&C's management - I will post the reply (together with the email) when (if) it comes. :o