Do Everything Phone

Gary A

It makes absolutely no sense to have these expensive phones. That said there are obviously certain people willing to but them. A net book make a lot more sense.

Palm is coming out with a new toy soon. In addition to being a touch screen, it is a slider and has a Qwerty key pad. I have absolutely no use for a phone like this, but I like the looks of it and would like to have one. Here's a link;

http://www.palm.com/us/products/phones/pre/index.html

ADDED - One more link;

http://blog.treonauts.com/2009/01/palm-pre...ew-roundup.html

Edited by Gary A

Boys need toys, economic climate or not. The Pre looks really great, but we'll have to wait until the actual device is delivered for final judgement.

Pros:

- Palm heritage

- iPhone-like speed

- Innovations over the iPhone, rather than just a wannabe clone

Other indicators this might be good: They have an ex Apple guy steering the ship... the videos look super smooth... they kicked out the old Palm OS... no Symbian... No WinMobile...

Boys need toys, economic climate or not. The Pre looks really great, but we'll have to wait until the actual device is delivered for final judgement.

Pros:

- Palm heritage

- iPhone-like speed

- Innovations over the iPhone, rather than just a wannabe clone

Other indicators this might be good: They have an ex Apple guy steering the ship... the videos look super smooth... they kicked out the old Palm OS... no Symbian... No WinMobile...

Apparently the operating system is Linux based. One report says it is CDMA so I don't know if it is GSM optional or not.