Motorcycles

ASHTONITE

HI...

I am trying to find a dealer to buy the TIGER BOXER 250 RS... anyone know where I can find one in CHIANG MAI? If you have a recomemdation for a bike around 250 - 400cc.... I was looking at the KAWASAKI NINJA 250cc ... 145,000 THB... huge price tag. I hear the boxer is around 87,000.

I'd still go for Ninja. It has a big reliable showroom in the city.

Or you can still find older but more efficient Honda CB400 (without registration) at the same price range as Tiger. The only problem is that you have to learn how to avoid polices!!

Good luck!!!

The only known Tiger dealer is on the road going in front of the Railroad station, just past the station turnoff, on the left as you go into town. When I went there, they knew less about the Tiger 250 than I did, and had none on display (except a used Cagiva 150). The guy who went there more recently was told the price starts at 79,000 instead of the 72,000 quoted in their cheesy brochure. I doubt if they really sell Tiger Boxers there. But I am often mistaken. I do see increasing numbers of chocolate Boxers ridden by the boys in chocolate uniforms, though. I have now seen four in Chiang Mai in the last several years, but no civilian boxers. I have seen almost as many Ducatis in Chiang Mai (and almost as many old Ford Consul Corsairs) here.

It might be worth looking on the bike forum and doing a search for Tiger boxer i am sure i saw a poster from BKK enquiring where he may be able to purchase one, Yes i know he is in BKK but some of the replies as i remember gave some useful comments about the bike.

Also have a look at the adds here on TV the bike section for CM i saw a nice Yam 400 with plate for around 85,000 looked very nice

Forget the Kawa 250 sports bike unless you like riding on the thai roads with no suspention they are ok for Thais that weigh about 47 Kgs.

Also take a look at Bahtsold (Do a search on google) they have a lot of bikes all over the coutry from farang owners, their is no problem buying from BKK or any where else come to that you can always get it on the train and bring it back with you.

Also there are numerous bike shops around CM but they tend to be bikes in the 50 to 80 k range with no plates a lot of CBR 400s very common in CM

Happy hunting and enjoy your riding

Edited by tigerbalm

Yes.. I searched around on the sites... could not find anything. I am still trying to find a TIGER Dealer in Chiang Mai. I found a Tiger Owners forum... and saw some farangs with nice Tiger 250cc... trying to find one here :-)

Clear directions to the CM Tiger dealer above in Peace Blondie's post. There is only one here and now you know where it is. If you searched this board you may also have come up with this fairly recent thread about Tiger bikes too.

The only known Tiger dealer is on the road going in front of the Railroad station, just past the station turnoff, on the left as you go into town. When I went there, they knew less about the Tiger 250 than I did, and had none on display (except a used Cagiva 150). The guy who went there more recently was told the price starts at 79,000 instead of the 72,000 quoted in their cheesy brochure. I doubt if they really sell Tiger Boxers there. But I am often mistaken. I do see increasing numbers of chocolate Boxers ridden by the boys in chocolate uniforms, though. I have now seen four in Chiang Mai in the last several years, but no civilian boxers. I have seen almost as many Ducatis in Chiang Mai (and almost as many old Ford Consul Corsairs) here.

Thanks... I will give it a try. I saw this post before... but was hoping for a more definitive location to the dealership :-) I will see what I can find as I have to go that way anyway to get some window tint on my car.

FOR ALL WHO WANT TO KNOW>....

We have 2 dealers in Chiang Mai

1. Supanit Motor 444/7 Jareung Muang rd, T. Watgate, A. Muang, Chiang Mai 50000 tel:053-246724

2. Matrix International Corp. 58/2 Muang Samut rd., T. Changmoi, A. Muang, Chiang Mai

tel: 053-876-373

หจก.สุพนิชมอเตอร์ 444/7 ถ.เจริญเมือง ต.วัดเกต อ.เมือง จ.เชียงใหม่ 50000 053-246724

บจก.แมทริกซ์ อินเตอร์เนชั่นแนล คอร์ป 58/2 ถ.เมืองสมุทร ต.ช้างม่อย อ.เมืองเชียงใหม่ จ.เชียงใหม่ 053-876-373

• 4 months later...
FOR ALL WHO WANT TO KNOW>....

We have 2 dealers in Chiang Mai

1. Supanit Motor 444/7 Jareung Muang rd, T. Watgate, A. Muang, Chiang Mai 50000 tel:053-246724

2. Matrix International Corp. 58/2 Muang Samut rd., T. Changmoi, A. Muang, Chiang Mai

tel: 053-876-373

หจก.สุพนิชมอเตอร์ 444/7 ถ.เจริญเมือง ต.วัดเกต อ.เมือง จ.เชียงใหม่ 50000 053-246724

บจก.แมทริกซ์ อินเตอร์เนชั่นแนล คอร์ป 58/2 ถ.เมืองสมุทร ต.ช้างม่อย อ.เมืองเชียงใหม่ จ.เชียงใหม่ 053-876-373

I do not know those addresses.Directions please?

Five days and no answer.Directions?

Try the phone numbers posted, the shops can certainly tell you where they are. Or print the Thai addresses and give them to your driver or tuktuk or songtaew. The driver can call the numbers given to get directions if needed. Or as a last and desperate resort, use a map, Jareung Muang or Charoen Muang is a fairly main road. If you can not manage it one of those ways, PM me and I will find directions for you if you can tell me your departure point.

And Bill you had better also teach them how to wipe their own bottoms, because after getting the bloody address and telephone numbers, they still didn't think of doing that themselves. jeeez and they say westerner's are educated. :D:)

And Bill you had better also teach them how to wipe their own bottoms, because after getting the bloody address and telephone numbers, they still didn't think of doing that themselves. jeeez and they say westerner's are educated. :D:)

Edited by Blinky Bill