Windows Disappeared

Niloc

I used to have five small windows in the bottom right hand corner,they were adjustable in number and each one gave me a different screen, so I could have firefox on one, thunderbird on another etc.

Whwn I turned the laptop on yesterday they had all vanished!! I know I have set them up before but how I have no idea!

Can anyone help a stupid old man??

Colin

First, you can use ctrl-alt-arrow key to go to your next desktop. On KDE, you can add the 'pager' back by right clicking and choosing "Add Applet". Click on "Desktop Preview & Pager" and than the button "+Add to Panel". On Gnome it should be the same-same.

Colin,

Assuming you are still using Ubuntu, right click on the bottom panel and click Add to Panel. Scroll down the list to the bottom and click Workspace Switcher, which is what I think you want. You can then move it around anywhere you want to. When you got it where you want it, right click on it and check Lock to Panel. That should keep it from accidentally disappearing again. I used to have this problem occasionally until I checked Lock to Panel on everything.

Higgy

Colin,

Assuming you are still using Ubuntu, right click on the bottom panel and click Add to Panel. Scroll down the list to the bottom and click Workspace Switcher, which is what I think you want. You can then move it around anywhere you want to. When you got it where you want it, right click on it and check Lock to Panel. That should keep it from accidentally disappearing again. I used to have this problem occasionally until I checked Lock to Panel on everything.

Higgy

Thanks Higgy, that is exactly what I needed and it worked perfectly!!

Now all I have to do is buy another flat screen to replace the one that died last Wednesday so I can get my desktop mobile again!!

Colin