Have You Ever Embarrassed Yourself While In Thailand

Dwitch

Most of us have found ourself in an embarrissing situation :D

Mine was when out shopping and sweating profusably I happened to look down and I had a soaking wet crutch :D

I bet that most people thought I had pissed myself :D

Whats your most embarrassing moment :o

i finished my coconut and swiftly threw it into what i thought was a bin on the street. When i heard the crash of plates and looked up to see the astonishment on the Thai mans face i realised that it was his street restaurant washing up bowl.

I also put 10 baht in the elephant hose at the zoo to water down the big fellas, i didn't realise you were supposed to hold the hose and then put the money in. The hose went mental and completely soaked my new girlfriend on our romantic date. Her make up was running and dress soaked, it was funny as hel_l though, almost like the hose was following her.

When I first came here a while ago I had difficulty finding the toilet in a rural restaurant. After searching twice and being assured it was 'around the back' I found a room with a large blue plastic tub of water in one corner. I stood in my tip-toes and could almost get my John-Thomas over the edge to take a leak in it, but it was very precarious. In the end I gave up as the edge of the tub was a little rough. It turned out to be the water for washing the pots. The open air toilets were on the same wall but on the other side. All the Thais had a great laugh when I told them what I had almost done. :o

I was the first 'white man' to visit my GF's village in remote Issan. As this was a special occasion, the village decided to construct a new squat toilet especially for my use...

When I arrived at the village, everyone was very friendly and amost dragged me to this new toilet building. All made encouraging signs to go into the toilet. I assumed that they wanted me to use this wonderful new convenience and so I went in and took a pee. I was a little perturbed to see that my stream was washing the wet cement off the newly-constructed toilet. I was even more perturbed to see that this stream was exiting from the base of the squat toilet and out of a hole on the floor of the toilet building, amidst some laughter outside. I popped my head out and half the village members were doubled up with laughter as my fresh pee trickled around their feet :o

All I can say is 'Thank heavens I didn't do a number 2!!'

Simon

i finished my coconut and swiftly threw it into what i thought was a bin on the street. When i heard the crash of plates and looked up to see the astonishment on the Thai mans face i realised that it was his street restaurant washing up bowl.

I also put 10 baht in the elephant hose at the zoo to water down the big fellas, i didn't realise you were supposed to hold the hose and then put the money in. The hose went mental and completely soaked my new girlfriend on our romantic date. Her make up was running and dress soaked, it was funny as hel_l though, almost like the hose was following her.

Where was dinner, McDonalds?

i'm sure i was walking down the street with a hot bargirlfriend and walk pass a mirror few times before getting married with my Thai/Chinese hi-so wife and therefore not being able to give them a lift in my merc.

i'm sure i was walking down the street with a hot bargirlfriend and walk pass a mirror few times before getting married with my Thai/Chinese hi-so wife and therefore not being able to give them a lift in my merc.

:o:D:D ???

Edited by davyboy

Mr Jo was so embarrassed by his post that he never came back - don't blame him.

Mr Jo was so embarrassed by his post that he never came back - don't blame him.

There should be a prize for the best interpretation of MrJo's post!

Well maybe you don't have Thai/Chinese hi-so wife with merc and do not speak/read/write thai properly after all...

Maybe it's only me but recently it has been quite popular to publish here in TV that you can read/write/speak thai and you can even gain extra points by having thai/chinese hi-so wife and merc... :D

Anyways this is bit :o so maybe this really is my most 'embarrassed' moment in thailand :D

I am a sensitive guy...or at least my stomach is sensitive...er...sometimes. I was eating sort of sour vegetables similar to sour cabbage that my mother in law had made. Sort of Esaan food I suppose. It tasted quite good and since I like sour cabbage I ate a lot.

Afterwards I went walking around the lake, my usual thing during that time. One round is about 45 minutes and I started to feel an urge to relieve myself. Some people can hold it but my stomach is like max 5 minutes before I need to be emptying myself. Well, no toilet anywhere. I started to feel desperate. I walked fast to see if there were any place. The lake is surrounded with quite high fence and I didn't feel sure climbing was a good option at that stage and no restaurants asight.

Well...it came and I went to sit on a bench thinking "What the F##K to do now?" shit leaking from my shorts. The only thing I could come up with was to jump into the lake and try to clean myself and save what was there to be saved. I tried not to look the faces of Thais when I was performing my underwater ballet exercise with my shorts but I could sense their amusement (or maybe horror) and thinking that there goes another "farang bah".

I called my bf and he picked me up with motorbike and STOPPED along the way to chat to some of his friends. This is typical Thai, I suppose, to forget immediately that someone sitting behind you is A. wet B. shitted his pants. I would rather have been anywhere else that evening... sigh...

:o

Well maybe you don't have Thai/Chinese hi-so wife with merc and do not speak/read/write thai properly after all...

Maybe it's only me but recently it has been quite popular to publish here in TV that you can read/write/speak thai and you can even gain extra points by having thai/chinese hi-so wife and merc... :D

Anyways this is bit :o so maybe this really is my most 'embarrassed' moment in thailand :D

I dont have a merc nor can read or write thai, but I do have 35 inch waistline, i find this embarrassing

One time while drinking at a beer bar in Pattaya I needed to take a leak. Rather than walk the 60m to the pay toilet I decided to just step across the car park and relive myself under the trees. On the walk back to the beer bar I stepped in a open sewer ditch and my right leg sunk up to my knee. Well I had to go back and pay my bill as people looked at me wondering what the hel_l I had done. Then I had to slog 3 sois back to my hotel, where the lady at the front desk could smell me long before she could see me. Funny thing about Thai's no one asked what happened they just looked, smiled like they already knew.

I was taliking to my driver about the rain and he kept trying not to laugh. Instead of Fon tok I was saying Num tok (spicy beef salad). I was saying it was rainng beef salad.

num tok does not mean spicy beef salad.

correct dave.

น้ำตก = waterfall

ยำเนื้อ = spicy beef salad

ยำเนื้อยัง = spicy seared beef(very rare on inside, charred on outside) salad.......my favorite !

waterfall beef salad and the spicy beef salad are made with totally different ingredients...but both are very tasty :o

I took the overnight train from the border of Malaysia to Bangkok, sitting in the cheap seats. I woke up in the morning with my usual early morning stiffy, clearly outlined in my paper thin shorts. Luckily only 90% of those sitting around me had woken up so I wasn't completely humiliated.