Surely The Stereotypical Thaiwomen Doesnt Exist?

BygonKeaw

[

Mr toad

Is my wife/gf really hiso?

Did papa buy me a merc?

who knows hey?

that the trouble with thaivisa or internet forums nobody really knows the thruth however real life paints a different picture as to % farang married to hiso

whats real? real life or internet forums?

I will leave it up to you to decide

Who knows, and who cares. :o

I think most secure people judge their happiness by friendship, love, fun, compatability than on material things, or maybe I'm just a bit of an idealist. The material things are nice of course, but to me they certainly ain't the most important and not the first thing that I would mention about a relationship.

I am 65 years old , my wife is 31 , she is a farmers daughter from Issan , when we where married her Mum gave the Sinsot back to us , my wife never ask for money , anyhow i am only in receipt of a UK pension so we are not rich , but we are very happy . I dont agree that all or 90% of members on here are married to Hi so , if so there are a lot of Hi so living in Farming villages in Issan ,yes a 65 year old can keep a 31 year old happy and yes i have 2 girls age 6 and 9 , we are a very happy family and i am sure there are a lot more young uns like me on this forum :o

David you have missed the point that the OP is making. The good thing is that it appears that you are happy and settled, and certainly not in the minority.

A standing joke on Thai Visa is that so many of the posters brag about marrying Hi-So Thai Chinese women. Therefore, he knows that it is not the case, but it gives him the opportunity to talk about his Hi-So Thai wife. :D

Generally, I still don't get the whole thing about having to make a point of wives or girlfriends being Hi-So. To me it's a pretty loose fit, as what is often classed here as distinctly Hi-So, would be very ordinary middle class in a number of countries.

Take no notice of him,i think he is an old guy thats been hurt and full of malice,or full of bs or both.He is a wind up merchant that probably doesnt even live in Thailand.

As soon as you see a post by him you know its going to be totaly shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

By me or the any of the 2 posters above?

Im 32 and live in bkk so your wrong on 2 assumptions straight off.

i knew you were bangkok based on your racist remarks all the time.no doubt you love PAD too.

After only being a member of this website for a very short space of time i have realised that possibly over 90% of members here have married into wealthy thai (like myself) good thai girl or thai/chinese ladies.

However the stigma in the UK last time i was there is very much thai ladies marry old men or desperate men for money??

Surely this is nonense as if any ignorant narrowed fool would read this website and find out the real facts that this is not the case anymore in this day and age.

Its ridiculous!

How did you arrive at 90%, out of curiosity? Was there a poll thread somewhere that I missed? :o I think you are mistakenly believing that a perceived trend in postings on a web forum is an accurate representation of Thai-farang marriage demographics.

I am 65 years old , my wife is 31 , she is a farmers daughter from Issan , when we where married her Mum gave the Sinsot back to us , my wife never ask for money , anyhow i am only in receipt of a UK pension so we are not rich , but we are very happy . I dont agree that all or 90% of members on here are married to Hi so , if so there are a lot of Hi so living in Farming villages in Issan ,yes a 65 year old can keep a 31 year old happy and yes i have 2 girls age 6 and 9 , we are a very happy family and i am sure there are a lot more young uns like me on this forum :o

David you have missed the point that the OP is making. The good thing is that it appears that you are happy and settled, and certainly not in the minority.

A standing joke on Thai Visa is that so many of the posters brag about marrying Hi-So Thai Chinese women. Therefore, he knows that it is not the case, but it gives him the opportunity to talk about his Hi-So Thai wife. :D

Generally, I still don't get the whole thing about having to make a point of wives or girlfriends being Hi-So. To me it's a pretty loose fit, as what is often classed here as distinctly Hi-So, would be very ordinary middle class in a number of countries.

Take no notice of him,i think he is an old guy thats been hurt and full of malice,or full of bs or both.He is a wind up merchant that probably doesnt even live in Thailand.

As soon as you see a post by him you know its going to be totaly shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

i knew you were bangkok based on your racist remarks all the time.no doubt you love PAD too.

Believe or not i have a yellow t shirt on now and there is a PAD fridge magnet on my fridge.

BUT

No i couldnt give a toss about thai politics as i am not thai.

After only being a member of this website for a very short space of time i have realised that possibly over 90% of members here have married into wealthy thai (like myself) good thai girl or thai/chinese ladies.

However the stigma in the UK last time i was there is very much thai ladies marry old men or desperate men for money??

Surely this is nonense as if any ignorant narrowed fool would read this website and find out the real facts that this is not the case anymore in this day and age.

Its ridiculous!

Yes, and we all know what a paragon of factualities this site is ...

What a load, if the " Girls" had money, they wouldn't be marrying the detested ' farang" .

And here we go again with the " Girl " and " Lady" .

Just can't bring yourself to call them women , can you ? Too intimidating perhaps. Just too...( shudders) equal?

Yes, the stereotypically desparate, economically disadvantaged, sexualized beyond huMANity , Thai " Girl "

Edited by HorseDoctor

Believe or not i have a yellow t shirt on now and there is a PAD fridge magnet on my fridge.

BUT

Well stop treying to be clever and hiding behind your racism.trying to knock every thai that isnt pure and dark,and i am including the males too,as you have indirectly knocked all thais non chinese.

BUT

Well stop treying to be clever and hiding behind your racism.trying to knock every thai that isnt pure and dark,and i am including the males too,as you have indirectly knocked all thais non chinese.

Racist towards thais? what you talking about my other half is thai and hasnt got "white skin"

Who married to Thai/Chinese Hi-So ?

I am NOT !!!

I am also not married to Thai / Chinese Hi So, but haven't been married to a bar girl either. Just an average Thai girl and i'm in the best relation of my life. Just a 8 year age difference no more.

I am southern women from the rice field and rubber plantage...oh he is also 8 years older than me, but we like same crazy stuff :o

Its ridiculous!

What a load, if the " Girls" had money, they wouldn't be marrying the detested ' farang" .

Just can't bring yourself to call them women , can you ? Too intimidating perhaps. Just too...( shudders) equal?

Yes, the stereotypically desparate, economically disadvantaged, sexualized beyond huMANity , Thai " Girl "

why worry so much about "girl" and "lady"

From a personal point of view do people call you "girl" "lady" "women" "man" or as you are "ladboy"????

Because you dress like a women but are infact a western american man who still has a penis are you catergorically still a man? If you have a op then do you become a lady??? or a girl? :o

Possibly in a minority but I was a member of TV for well over a year before finding out what a troll was!

Previously I thought it was some sort of code between the likes of the great Bendix and Dr Naam et-al.

Anyway what wrong with discussing 'bar girls'??? Thailand weapons of mass attraction.

Its ridiculous!

Of course its not 90%, but would you really expect people to come on here and say, "hey, I married this great bar girl"

Some do, but most will not because of the western stigma attached.

We all "know" that the real number of Hi-so wives is lower and the number of BG wives higher - the true figure, I've no idea, but personally I don't care.

Whether a poster married a Hi-So, a bargirl, or a bag of sticky rice, its up to them and good luck to one and all.

Rather than poking fun at the assumed stereotypical fat, balding, 50 something, posting about his Hi-So wife, I've got far more contempt for those whose main joy in life seems to be coming on TV and pouring scorn on the foundations of relationships of others - jealousy perhaps :o

Its ridiculous!

If {sigh} 'women' are "equal" to men, why do they need so much protection? They are either strong, positive, competent and equal or they are not. They are either vulnerable, weak and need protection or they are not. Sounds like you need to decide which it is. You can't say they are strong and equal, then shriek like a little girl when you are called something YOU think is derogatory.

And what do you mean "And here we go again with the zzzzzzzzz". It's only you that ever raises it (although that does provide the rest of us with a good laugh to lift the overwhelming tedium of this place, so carry on with your extremism).

65 yr ord keeping a 31 yr old happ....... Yeaaaaaa

Hunnn, where is my pillls?????

(Great pillow talk)

Its ridiculous!

Of course its not 90%, but would you really expect people to come on here and say, "hey, I married this great bar girl"

We all "know" that the real number of Hi-so wives is lower and the number of BG wives higher - the true figure, I've no idea, but personally I don't care.

Whether a poster married a Hi-So, a bargirl, or a bag of sticky rice, its up to them and good luck to one and all.

Rather than poking fun at the assumed stereotypical fat, balding, 50 something, posting about his Hi-So wife, I've got far more contempt for those whose main joy in life seems to be coming on TV and pouring scorn on the foundations of relationships of others - jealousy perhaps :o

My wife is not Hi So, the trouble is, my mother in law thinks she is....... Having hot water in the house and a maid, does not mean Hi So to me!

Its ridiculous!

My wife is not Hi So, the trouble is, my mother in law thinks she is....... Having hot water in the house and a maid, does not mean Hi So to me!

Possibly in a minority but I was a member of TV for well over a year before finding out what a troll was!

Previously I thought it was some sort of code between the likes of the great Bendix and Dr Naam et-al.

Anyway what wrong with discussing 'bar girls'??? Thailand weapons of mass attraction.

rather mass destruction of weapons. a erection and demolition opperator. lol

I find the farangs with isaan or non-hi-so thai partners much more interesting and creative personalities than some boring dude in bangkok with a bland chinese-thai. i mean i know i'm generalizing, but c'mon, bkk isn't the real thailand, and hooking up with some corporate friend from your office or whatever isn't the most novel thing in the world, i mean why even leave your home country for that? I find myself much more interested in hanging out with people that come from a different background than mine and approach to life, rather than just another urbanite that just wants to make more cash to get that nice apartment, send their kid to that school, or holiday in italy and put oversized photos from said destination all over the wall... which is all most bkk-ers want. i'm overgeneralizing, i should stop...

No, but for many low income Thais, hot water and maids are a luxury.

That may be the case, but the MIL really thinks she is Donald Trumpess.....

Wow a microwave, lets all stare in wonderment!!!!!

You have electricity ! Wow ! :D

I was telling my missus, one day we'll move out of this tin shanty and get us a real house, with 4 walls and roof that don't leak too much. Then maybe we'll see if we can steal us some of that electricity stuff ! We gets us that, an we can finally plug in that there television gizmo. She wants to watch some "soap" thing (I always thought "soap" was that stuff hi-so folk used to cover up the fact they stink like everyone else) !

Ah well. Once teerak gets her "soap" thingy on the gizmo, she's gonna invite all the other gals from our slum over, so she can lord it over them an pretend she's one of the "hi-so and so's" too ! :o

I don't think my teerak is Thai/Chin, and she doesn't come from a wealthy family. She may not be "Hi-So", but she is "Hi-Se" (Highly Sexy) and "jai dee mak mak".

And I can think of far better things to hold against her than the fact she isn't someone else's idea of a suitable companion.