Coco Office In Chaweng

Went past Coco office in Chaweng today, all in darkness, door chained up with shiny new locks.

Tailor in shop next door said a couple of weeks back a load of guys and a load of BIB's, uniform from Samui and plain clothes with BIB ID's from Surat turned up with boltcutters, broke in, changed the locks and put signs up saying contact site office.

Guy in tailor shop reckons there is some story in the Samui Express this week, but I looked on their site and their is nothing. Has anyone seen the article?

Anyone have any more info?

Edited by Vinnai

I read the article in the samui express seems the shareholders have kicked out the top two directors and now it is going to be run by Thai's, Sonsak Na pattalung will be acting chief executive, Sadd man will still be a minority shareholder this is for the companies Coco montana co ltd and coco intl services co ltd.

I read the article in the samui express seems the shareholders have kicked out the top two directors and now it is going to be run by Thai's, Sonsak Na pattalung will be acting chief executive, Sadd man will still be a minority shareholder this is for the companies Coco montana co ltd and coco intl services co ltd.
link or scan of said article?

I have also read the above article,. will try and scan and put on later

Maybe this can also be interesting.

I found this also on the Association of Coco Investors site cocoinvestor.org .

Bruce Sutherland abandons his house - Rent Not Paid sutherland.jpgCoco Director Bruce Sutherland has apparently abandoned his house in Banrak, leaving an unpaid bill of 420,000 baht. The story has appeared on the Samui Express newspaper website as follows:

"A DIRECTOR of a property company on the island has reportedly abandoned his rented house leaving an unpaid rental bill of Bt420,000.

Police from the Sam Yaek station were called in recently by the landlord who visited the two-bedroom house in Bangrak previously rented by the realtor.

The realtor has reportedly abandoned the house leaving 15 months of unpaid rental at Bt28,000 a month.

Power had also been cut off for non-payment of power bills, according to the landlord who, reports said, has cancelled the rental contract and locked the premises.

The businessman has been identified in an earlier report by the Bangkok Post as a partner of a real estate investor and pub owner arrested by immigration police in January this year while attempting to fly to Taiwan.

Both men, according to the report, were joint directors of a local property company, among other businesses.

The 60-year old pub owner and real estate investor was accused of failing to pay Bt750,000 to a construction firm hired for his new resort and for issuing a bouncing check.

The two men reportedly engaged in property projects on Samui that were never finished and owe investors millions in baht and owe their Thai staff unpaid wages for more than a year.

Unconfirmed reports say the director was still on the island under the protection of a criminal syndicate."

The original article can be found here:

The ACI have since confirmed the identity of the "developer" referred to as Bruce Sutherland.

The realtor has reportedly abandoned the house leaving 15 months of unpaid rental at Bt28,000 a month.

Power had also been cut off for non-payment of power bills, according to the landlord who, reports said, has cancelled the rental contract and locked the premises.

The landlord is a fool if he let the guy go over a year without paying rent. On the flip side, I've heard of cases where after missing 3 months the tenant is asked to pay up or leave and when this is done the landlord comes across like the bad guy. So what is a fair cut-off point to ask that rent is actually paid on time as agreed? 6 months? The answer should be obvious but afterall, TIT.

The landlord is a fool if he let the guy go over a year without paying rent. On the flip side, I've heard of cases where after missing 3 months the tenant is asked to pay up or leave and when this is done the landlord comes across like the bad guy. So what is a fair cut-off point to ask that rent is actually paid on time as agreed? 6 months? The answer should be obvious but afterall, TIT.

I think a fair cutoff point is midnight on the day you where suppose to pay. After one week overdue on your rent you would for sure be trown out if its my house you rent.

I agree....if it states a day for paying the rent by, in the contract then that is when it should be paid.

No excuses necessary just the rent, on time or go.

I have just had a lodger who left at the end of december but didnt pay the rent for december....which coincidentally was the same as the damage deposit, so that works out ok but for the fact that there was a bit of damage, which he obviously didnt intend paying for.

HL :o

something fishy here if he left without paying 240,000 baht in rent.No landlord would let a tenant get behind like that........................more to the story which we may never know.

Maybe he played on the landlord's greed by promising him something such as a sweet deal on one of their properties?

something fishy here if he left without paying 240,000 baht in rent.No landlord would let a tenant get behind like that........................more to the story which we may never know.

Maybe he played on the landlord's greed by promising him something such as a sweet deal on one of their properties?

personally i would n't trust anyone in thailand,farang or thai.

Maybe he just outright ripped the poor landlord off, like he has allegedly ripped off the hundred of others for their houses, and the 100 staff that are now chasing their allegeldly unpaid wages for the last year?

I met the landlord, he is a nice bloke, and has basically been given excuse after excuse why the rent would not get paid, and felt bad about throwing the wife and kids out. He got little bits here and there, but eventually gave up!

Landlord went to cops to eventually kick him out (see attached).

post-74826-1233566218_thumb.jpg

I met the landlord, he is a nice bloke, and has basically been given excuse after excuse why the rent would not get paid, and felt bad about throwing the wife and kids out. He got little bits here and there, but eventually gave up!

This isn't the first time in this young year. The beginning of an epidemic perhaps? Times are getting tougher all over.

This isn't the first time in this young year. The beginning of an epidemic perhaps? Times are getting tougher all over.

The Coco's has been here on TV for ta couple of years now. :o

Study this link cocoinvestor.org

The Coco's has been here on TV for ta couple of years now. :o

The last several posts aren't about that. They are about the very recent news of the landlord not getting paid the rent he has coming to him (for 15 months!) and not the poor Coco investors getting screwed.

• 2 months later...

personally i would n't trust anyone in thailand,farang or thai.

How I agree with you there! :o

The Coco's has been here on TV for ta couple of years now. :D

A Sadd state of affairs! :o

Jens? How long for a reply? :o

I like quickies, Rooo :D

a little bit of an update on one fo the people who purchased and lived in a house through out all the legal developments in the coco develoment . The man I know paid for his house in full and has been living there for a couple of years, he never got his title so the house was never his. now he is being asked to pay rent of 25k plus plus which takes his bill up to 45k per month. He is now looking at other rental options as he can not afford the 45k per mo on his pention.

a little bit of an update on one fo the people who purchased and lived in a house through out all the legal developments in the coco develoment . The man I know paid for his house in full and has been living there for a couple of years, he never got his title so the house was never his. now he is being asked to pay rent of 25k plus plus which takes his bill up to 45k per month. He is now looking at other rental options as he can not afford the 45k per mo on his pention.

WHO is asking to pay "rent"??? :o .... COCO!?!? Or does someone else own the land now?? Either way he should not accept that.

What is "plus plus"?