Just Had A Great Hamburger

dbTraveler

I had heard there was a new owner of Big Mikes Hamburgers (Chalong Circle) so i went to check it out. I have to say it was the best burger I have had in Phuket. The new owner has made some changes. The quality of meat is better. the burgers are bigger. The fries were the same (good) but he says in a few days he will have new fresh cut fries. Personally the thing I liked the most was the burger comes with a deep fried onion ring. If i remember correctly the new name will be "Steve 0's"

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I stopped going to Mike's as I thought the burgers too soggy/greasy. The rings are great. Walked by about 17.30 today and I saw a farang guy directing some workers to the signs. Noticed that the for sale signs were gone. Remarked to my wife that maybe this was the new owner. Have to say that for the last few months as we walk by I have also remarked to my wife how quiet it was at the burger place. And the Chalong Pier road has gone ever so quiet these past 10 days.... :o I'll definately give the new owner's burgers a try.

And the Chalong Pier road has gone ever so quiet these past 10 days....

Is Zpete back?

We walk past the Come On bar on way to Chalong Pier end & back each evening about 16.45 out and 17.30 back. Usually see the girls and about 6 drinkers. Today only the 8 or so girls ... no punters ... yet. Same with all the other bars. Really quiet at that early hour.

just tried the place again after this post, yes the meat is WAY better but... Still no free onion rings. I bought some and for 80 baht i was expecting the same quality as before, but no. They were quite horrible.

meat was oso good

You dont get a Free order of onion rings. You get a free deep fried onion ring to top your burger.

just tried the place again after this post, yes the meat is WAY better but... Still no free onion rings. I bought some and for 80 baht i was expecting the same quality as before, but no. They were quite horrible.

meat was oso good

You dont get a Free order of onion rings. You get a free deep fried onion ring to top your burger.

No you get jack squat, they removed that offer a couple months back.

And the onion ring taste quite terrible nowadays, 2 out of 4 had no onions in it, just fried powder with a hole in the middle.

And the Chalong Pier road has gone ever so quiet these past 10 days....

Is Zpete back?

We walk past the Come On bar on way to Chalong Pier end & back each evening about 16.45 out and 17.30 back. Usually see the girls and about 6 drinkers. Today only the 8 or so girls ... no punters ... yet. Same with all the other bars. Really quiet at that early hour.

I love a burger after a few beers, more fat the better..... Stick the onion rings :D

Bang go's your low profile image!!! :o

Syl

i had a mediocre burger at big mike's and there was definitely no service with a smile.

i used to think fatty's had one of the best burgers on the island, but i have changed my mind. on the way to nai harn beach, next to the petrol box before the 7-11 there is a restaurant called "hen chef". for 95 baht, you get an unbelievable burger, french fries and salad. it's the best burger i have had in phuket...go and give it a try and let me know what you think.

Is this Steve-O the same one who had Steve-O's (formerly Scotties' Bar in Patong ? And what happened to Fat Mike ?

I am pretty sure it is the same guy (Steve). He said he had a restaurant in Patong. The person who sold it to Steve was a Canadian who's name was not Mike! 55555

Is this Steve-O the same one who had Steve-O's (formerly Scotties' Bar in Patong ? And what happened to Fat Mike ?

Thought Steve-o went to Cambodia ?

No, no, Steve-O is part of that group of knuckleheads that make Jackass.

Last time I saw him he was snorting wosabi

Never met Steve or Stevo for that matter, but I had a Chilidog and Chili Fries yesterday and the Chili recipe has been changed, and it is way too spicy. Borderline Unedible.

I did not move here for the spicy food, so it WAS nice to have a break from the norm, but Mike made good Chili, which is my reasoning for ever going.

Someone PM me when this new boss goes tits up, I wanna give it a shot.

todd

but i have changed my mind. on the way to nai harn beach, next to the petrol box before the 7-11 there is a restaurant called "hen chef".

Is that before the lake, or after the lake. I don't know this 7-11. More directions, thanks.

Go past Don's heading to Nai harn.

It is on the right-hand side, before you get to the Y-junction (Nai Harn - Kata).

I still don't know if this is the Steve-O (A Yank from Arizona) from Patong or not. Can someone ask him ? And what happened to Steve-O's (formerly Scottie's) in Patong ?

Which Scottie's bar in Patong. The one on Sai Nam Yen ? That place was originally opened by a Scottish guy, long time ago a professional football player with one of the Edinburgh teams. I know Scottie's was bought and sold many times over the years, now lost the Scottie name. Where does Steve-O figure in all that ?

I still don't know if this is the Steve-O (A Yank from Arizona) from Patong or not. Can someone ask him ? And what happened to Steve-O's (formerly Scottie's) in Patong ?

YES Steve is an American from Arizona. And he Makes a Great Burger.

Well. i tried the chili dog/newyork dog and they still taste awesome. Good to know.

Also to whoever the old thaivisa member that was there today trying to hit on my gf saying she looks nice and showing a weak amount of baht. Might want to keep trying to impress little bargirls instead of girls who's never had a boyfriend making less than 100$ us an hour, she's still laughing at the pathetic masterpiece of a fat old dude trying to hit on a woman that's accompanied by showing 6k baht