Renewing A Retirement Visa

I've been checking the forums but cannot see a specific answer to this, I'd be very grateful if someone could help and enlighten me:

I know that 800,000 baht has to have been deposited in a Thai bank account THREE MONTHS before the ORIGINAL retirement is applied for . . .

My question is, when that visa comes up for renewal one year later, is it sufficient to show a current balance of 800,000bt, or does that sum also have to have been in the account for the previous 3 months prior to the day of application for the renewal?

My retirement visa expires 21 April '09. Do I have to transfer funds NOW, or can I wait till April?

Thanks a million!

The current rules are thus:

FIRST EXTENSION: money must be in there for TWO MONTHS, not three

ALL SUBSEQUENT EXTENSIONS: money must be in there for THREE MONTHS

That is two and three months before the DATE OF APPLICATION, not the date of permission to stay. Most people apply for their extensions about a month before expiration of their permission to stay. You can wait until the last minute, but not recommended.

BTW, you are not renewing your retirement visa. You are getting an annual extension based on retirement. Based on your dates, you better transfer the money LAST week.

What office are you using? I think some offices will show some flexibility with this rule with subsequent extensions, so good luck.

Edited by Jingthing

Thank you for your comprehensive reply. It is most appreciated.

I am using the Soi 6 Pattaya immigration in Jomtien.

BTW, the money had to be in the account for 3 months when I made the 1st application. They gave me a 3 month non-immi (?) as an interim measure when I first applied, followed be the R Visa.

Yes, I also trust they will be flexible.

Will let you know . . .