Sending 10 Old Mobiles From My Home Country To Thailand? Customs ?

Richard84

Hi.

I whant to send 10 mobils from norway to thailand. They are just old mobils but i hope i get like 500 usd for them in thailand. also gona get my notebook send to me.

To send them whit fedex is not a problem. But what about customs ? if they get stoped in customs how do i pay them ? i live in chang mai !

How mutch do i have to pay them ? i dont know how mutch this mobiles costs today !

Is this legit for me to do ? whit only a TR visa ?

if customs says the mobil cost like 200 usd how mutch do you have to pay to customs ? and do i just get a bill in the post saying what i have to pay ore do i need to go to bangkok ore somting ?

How dos customs work out how mutch the mobils are wourt ?

I have bean reading on http://www.customs.go.th/Customs-Eng/indexEng.jsp

it cant be like 100% import taxes ?

Sorry for the shity english :o

Regardless of the age and original or residual cost of the cellphones, Thai Customs will levy a charge commensurate with whatever the shortfall in the "excess duty payments account" (noodles and beer money tin) is for that day. Same same for the laptop. They will tag an arbitrary amount on and it will not be small.

Depending of the duty that requires to be paid, Customs may release the package to the courier with the paperwork for the courier to recover these monies at the time the package is delivered or collected. I have personal experience of this with both DHL and FedEx. However, I reckon that they are going to have such a whopping bill tacked on, they will hold it at their primary clearing station in Bangkok and ask you to come and pay for it.

On the other hand, it may just pop up on your doorstep with absolutely no demand for additional duty. I also have personal experience of this with both DHL and FedEx.

Now, armed with that information, I hope you can make the appropriate decision.

You will pay VAT as a minimum.

You will need paperwork with a declared value, but Thai customs are

notorious for assigning their own values.

In addition you may need an agent to help you with the clearance. :o

Personally I would not bother with the potential hassles clearing customs.

Put them in your suitcase next time you come from home.

Thai Customs may be the most corrupt agency in Thailand.

They are ruthless.

I've had to pay taxes without getting a receipt.

Once in a while a package gets thru without charges though. Try the regular Post Office.

I was doing small import/export but never knew what they were going to screw me out of.

Tough to do business when you don't know what your costs will be.