Alternative To Givi Cases?

gobs

I just got some cheapie throwover saddle bags and tailpack from mocycshop.. was under 4k delivered IIRC and easy to throw on and off (handy when going into a hotel, fixed luggage needs to unclip easy)..

http://www.mocycshop.com/product.detail_141342_th_1627754

The quality was 'ok' you need to add some bungee cords to make it rock solid stable, and its rain covers dont stay on at over 160kph (but they are attached with cords so spin round behind you like drag racing brake chutes :) !!) so make sure you put a bin bag inside them and then its totally 100% dry pack with no covers needed. They also have handles set up in such a way as they can be carried around off the bike in a useable way.

All in all I was happy with them for the money.. at that price you can use them until something better comes along.

What do your saddlebags look like after 18 months, still good?

• 1 month later...

I had a rack made at ฮั้วการช่าง (I think I have the Thai characters right, but I'm not sure).

It's a place that makes custom motorcycle racks at the Bukkhalo intersection on Tanon Somdet Phra Chao Tak Sin in Thonburi. Plug the coordinates 13.705095,100.485973 into google maps.

If I have the right place, their BKK phone number is 02-468-0304.

Dave

I've got a couple of Chinese Givis on the way.

Any ideas who could make a rack for me?

135LCE

Edited by zz.fugazi