Urgent Very Urgent Pls

Hi all,

Just come back from Chiang Mai Immigration. I tried to apply for an extension of my "retirement visa" (have that 6 years already).

They refuse as the balance to get over 800k was atteint 3 days ago only. They say I have to have 800k 3 months prior to the expire date.

What Ihave to do? I learn from this forum is has to be the first time only to get the funds 3 months prior to apply. After that, every year, the funds have to be on the date of apply in the bank only....

I have a big problem now. All help/suggestions welcome.

Thanks

It has been stated on this forum many times and the rules quoted that funds have to be in the bank for 3 months prior to application date.

Can you get a letter from your embassy showing any amount of income that you can use with your account balance. That way you do not need the money in the bank for 3 months.

EDIT Joe ^^^ answered far better than I :o

Otherwise.

Buzz over to Vientiane for a tourist visa, a single entry (with the 30 day extension) should get you over the 3 month line (just) a double entry will do it with time to spare. Then just apply for your extension at the end.

Edited by Crossy

Failing that I believe that you can get a 'O' visa outside of Thailand without the 3 months waiting time, if for 1 year you would need to d a boarder run every 90 days or a Single 90 Visa as by that time the money would have been in your account 3 months so you would get your extension again for another year

No, cannot show any income.

Looks like a trip out to get a tourist visa then :o

IGNIS: I'm assuming the OP is on a budget, he's unlikely to get an O visa locally (unless married to a Thai), reckon the tourist visa is his best option (or 3 months of 15 day border runs whilst his money 'seasons').

Edited by Crossy

EDIT Joe ^^^ answered far better than I :o

Otherwise.

Buzz over to Vientiane for a tourist visa, a single entry (with the 30 day extension) should get you over the 3 month line (just) a double entry will do it with time to spare. Then just apply for your extension at the end.

Better to get a single entry non-o. No need to do a change of visa status that way.

"Better to get a single entry non-o. No need to do a change of visa status that way."

What do you mean pls. I can go to Mae Sai today f.e.

You need to go to Vientiane Laos or any nearby consulate and apply for a single entry non immigrant O visa.

How soon is your extension expiring. I hope you didn't wait for the last day.

Thanks,

I learn from this site the funds NOT have to be in the account prior the application after several extensions. In my case 6 times renewal already.

Not that it helps you this time around, but I usually check the visa requirements with the local immigration office every three months. That way no nasty surprises, well, not many, at renewal time.

Last time I renewed my retirement visa, I had the required 800k for 2 months only. They referred me to an "appeals officer" who told me to get confirmation from my bank that the 800k I had in my account for 2 months, came from an overseas source. After I got that, they gave me the visa for another year. Not sure if Chaing Mai will be so accommodating and of course your bank balance only met the requirement for a few days rather than 2 months as in my case.

Maybe you can use tourist visas for 2/3 months and then try again? By then your account will have had 800k for 2/3 months and if the money came from overseas, maybe you can get the retirement visa early? I got the feeling that in my case the main thing the immigration office was interested in was to prove that I had the money in my own right, and hadn't just borrowed the cash off a friend.

Good luck

Would KL be a better bet for a Non O than Vientiane?

Vientienne will issue a single entry Non O Visa. That is all he needs.

A bit late now but these are the rules.

(1) The alien has obtained a temporary visa (NON-IM);

(2) The applicant is 50 years of age or over;

(3) Proof of income of not less than Baht 65,000 per month; or

(4) Account deposit with a bank in Thailand of not less than

800,000 Baht as shown in the bank account for the past 3 months at the filing date of the application. For the first year, the applicant should have that amount in his bank account for not less than 60 days or

(5) Annual income plus bank account deposit totaling not less

than Baht 800,000 as of the filing date of application

"You need to go to Vientiane Laos or any nearby consulate and apply for a single entry non immigrant O visa.

How soon is your extension expiring. I hope you didn't wait for the last day."

My visa expires this Sunday 25th and I am in Chiang Mai.

"You need to go to Vientiane Laos or any nearby consulate and apply for a single entry non immigrant O visa.

How soon is your extension expiring. I hope you didn't wait for the last day."

My visa expires this Sunday 25th and I am in Chiang Mai.

I suggest you travel on Sunday to Vientiane so that you arrive at the bridge in Nong Kai before 9 PM and stay overnight in Vientiane and then apply for your visa Monday morning. You need a photo for the Lao visa on arrival and 1500 baht.

Or travel to any other consulate of your choice to get your visa.

Or make a border run to Mae Sai and get a 15 day entry. And then get your O visa later.

Edit: See the last few pages of this 34 page topic on Vientiane visa runs: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Vientiane-La...sa-t158561.html

They say I have to have 800k 3 months prior to the expire date.

What Ihave to do? I learn from this forum is has to be the first time only to get the funds 3 months prior to apply. After that, every year, the funds have to be on the date of apply in the bank only....

And THIS is the problem! :o

Looks like a trip out to get a tourist visa then :o

IGNIS: I'm assuming the OP is on a budget, he's unlikely to get an O visa locally (unless married to a Thai), reckon the tourist visa is his best option (or 3 months of 15 day border runs whilst his money 'seasons').

I had understood from other posts on TV that if over 50 you can get a 'O' visa, he must be now on a O-A visa extension.

Friend went to KL in his Thai Bank account he had just under 400k, he is not married he got he said with no problems a Multi Entry type 'O' cost of 5,500 baht, so good for 15months with 90 day boarder runs

He the OP say he has 800k it is just not been there for the 3months, as I had read on another post here you can get the 'O' within Asia, and the 'O-A' in your own Country without the 3months proof ??

Will he not need a Re entry permit from Immigration to keep the 'extension' alive ?

Myself always go to Immigration for my extension 3 weeks before the renewal date, in case of any problems/changes

His extension expires tomorrow which is the 25th. Why a re-entry permit for 1 day.

I had understood from other posts on TV that if over 50 you can get a 'O' visa, he must be now on a O-A visa extension.

Friend went to KL in his Thai Bank account he had just under 400k, he is not married he got he said with no problems a Multi Entry type 'O' cost of 5,500 baht, so good for 15months with 90 day boarder runs

He the OP say he has 800k it is just not been there for the 3months, as I had read on another post here you can get the 'O' within Asia, and the 'O-A' in your own Country without the 3months proof ??

There is no such thing as O-A extension. It is an extension of stay for retirement.

Yes you can get an O-A visa in your home country and not need the money in the bank for 3 months. But it also requires a health certificate and a police report which can be either hard to get or very expensive.

The OP only needs a single entry since he has the money in the bank already.

If you cannot meet the finacial requirements for and extension then a multiple entry visa is an option.

Thanks to all for the help.

I might go to Mae Sai on Monday and start all over..... losing consecutive 7 years on 'Retirement visa".

Today, I hear you need the 800k+ 3 months, AFTER the visa extension has been granted, as well. Can anyone confirm this?

That would mean that the funds are bocked for 6 months ! ! This is going more and more crazy by the day..........

I might go to Mae Sai on Monday and start all over..... losing consecutive 7 years on 'Retirement visa".

Today, I hear you need the 800k+ 3 months, AFTER the visa extension has been granted, as well. Can anyone confirm this?

That would mean that the funds are bocked for 6 months ! ! This is going more and more crazy by the day..........

You heard wrong. It is 3 months prior to applying only.

In Mae Sai you'll only get a 15 day visa exempt stamp.

You must go to a consulate abroad.