The Pub Chiang Mai

Globeliner

there is no such thing as bad news for a business. tv is good free advertising.

Really? Ask Scott at O'Malley's what he thought about the publicity he received from so many warm-hearted contributors on the now closed Red Lion vs O'Malleys thread.

why don't you tell us . this is what a forum is for.

your ideas are rarely well thought out.

1. engage brain

2 post something sensible

3 read reply and respect other people's opinion

4 reply constructively

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMHO The Pub serves the best Sunday Roast in town.

They don't even charge for extra roast potatoes if you ask for them !!

I have been there many times and never had any problems with the management.

!00% agree with you. I returned to the Pub yesterday (Sunday 25th January) with an old mate from England and a Thai friend. We had 2 roast beef lunches and some Thai food. The food was excellent. Large portions and the roasts accompanied by good gravy and horse radish. My family have been patrons for many years and have always found the same quality and good service. Also a very warm welcome from both Grahame and Richard.

As a by-the-way the many customers who use The Pub seem to be a broad spectrum of both tourists and ex-pats of all ages. I have yet to see anyone come away unsatisfied.

TRY READING THE POSTS.

If The Pub management want to brush off these criticisms like they do with the complaints of their customers, than that's up to them.

Plenty of other eating establishments in Chiang Mai. Now many of us have changed our venue to the Queen Victoria. And, no, I don't have shares in that.

Thank you,

Yes I have read the many posts on this thread and I stand by what I have posted - I have yet to SEE anyone come away unsatisfied. With respect to Blinky Bill, I first visted Chiang Mai in 1976, my family have lived here for 40 years and I have resided here for the past 10 years. Yes, The Pub has passed through many hands and I am more than satisfied with the current owners, service, quality of food and variety of patrons.

I am also a customer of the various other establishments listed in this thread and depending on my mood and inclination - I am happy to eat/drink at most of them.

However The Pub is special and for what it is worth - they get my vote

Your vote has been "registered" and you are entitled to your opinion

But what the other poster said is valid. Most people are dissatisfied. Count the responses yourself. You are in the minority but to be clear yes we all respect your opinion, But please respect majority oinion.

The vast majority are dissatisfied and the proof of that is to visit anytime during the daytime when its almost deserted and nightimes when it doesn't fair much better.

Why does it matter if "the vast majority" are dissatisfied or even satisfied?

The forum is for discussion and if there seems to be more "nays" than "yays"...so what?

We all have our opinions...and mine will not be changed for having read such negative remarks about the Pub anyway

!00% agree with you. I returned to the Pub yesterday (Sunday 25th January) with an old mate from England and a Thai friend. We had 2 roast beef lunches and some Thai food. The food was excellent. Large portions and the roasts accompanied by good gravy and horse radish. My family have been patrons for many years and have always found the same quality and good service. Also a very warm welcome from both Grahame and Richard.

As a by-the-way the many customers who use The Pub seem to be a broad spectrum of both tourists and ex-pats of all ages. I have yet to see anyone come away unsatisfied.

TRY READING THE POSTS.

If The Pub management want to brush off these criticisms like they do with the complaints of their customers, than that's up to them.

Plenty of other eating establishments in Chiang Mai. Now many of us have changed our venue to the Queen Victoria. And, no, I don't have shares in that.

Thank you,

Yes I have read the many posts on this thread and I stand by what I have posted - I have yet to SEE anyone come away unsatisfied. With respect to Blinky Bill, I first visted Chiang Mai in 1976, my family have lived here for 40 years and I have resided here for the past 10 years. Yes, The Pub has passed through many hands and I am more than satisfied with the current owners, service, quality of food and variety of patrons.

I am also a customer of the various other establishments listed in this thread and depending on my mood and inclination - I am happy to eat/drink at most of them.

But what the other poster said is valid. Most people are dissatisfied. Count the responses yourself. You are in the minority but to be clear yes we all respect your opinion, But please respect majority oinion.

The vast majority are dissatisfied and the proof of that is to visit anytime during the daytime when its almost deserted and nightimes when it doesn't fair much better.

The forum is for discussion and if there seems to be more "nays" than "yays"...so what?

We all have our opinions...and mine will not be changed for having read such negative remarks about the Pub anyway

exactly - and just to keep this balanced:

We all have our opinions...and mine will not be changed for having read such positive remarks about the Pub anyway

TRY READING THE POSTS.

Thank you,

exactly - and just to keep this balanced:

We all have our opinions...and mine will not be changed for having read such positive remarks about the Pub anyway

Maybe The Pub is appreciated by mostly old timers, including myself. I have enjoyed dinner there on many occassions over the years, and the food was always great. Nobody bothered me, and I like that :o

Can we get things in perspective? There's perhaps half a dozen posters here who've reported less than satisfactory experiences and a maybe larger number who've said the place is OK (I'm not sad enough to count them). The rest has been a debate about mobile phones. Then we start talking about votes! The number of viewpoints is hardly representative of anything.

Then Dinthailand (and a couple of others) seem obbssed with shouting down anyone who doesn't completely condem the place. What's the motivation, boredom (so go get a life) or a hidden agenda.

Me smells a rat!

wow, this thread sure has degenerated into a flame war, hasn't it?

Given that it hardly seems worth it to weed out the flames and the off topic nonsense, perhaps its best if this thread is closed.