Tiny Japanese Restaurant

Jimmyd

Ok, so I forget the name of the restaurant and the name of the soi, but it's the one with PP Massage and Big Door Man pub (I think that's the name, if not it's close) between Soi Buakow and Third Road. The wife and I were walking up there after a satisfying evening at Big Door Man pub (just kidding), and we saw a small Japanese restaurant near Third road.

Ever the adventurous types, we ventured in and there were four tables jammed into a tiny space; three of the tables were occupied by lone Japanese men eating what looked to be halfway decent Japanese food. No server came to seat us and we had just bought food for dinner at the soi Buakow market, so we just wanted to look at the menu.

There was a menu/card/stand on the free table so we took a look; it was all in Japanese. After looking at the menu we still hadn't been waited upon and the three (I'm sure lovely) gentlemen hadn't even looked up at us from their feeding festival. Rather than hoot and holler as was my instinct but would have embarrassed the poor wife, we skulked out and went home to eat our market fare.

This place could be a little jewel or a festering swamp, but the dishes we did see looked ok. Has anyone tried this place? Any reports on food quality or prices or authenticity?

Haven't tried yet but another opportunity to plug another Japanese hole in the wall that is indeed very charming, cheap, and delicious and Japanese run. They mostly have ramen but much better than Oishi, and only 60 baht. Its to the left of the big Thai food market at the end of Soi 5, near Jomtien Immigration.

PP massage? That sounds nasty.

Edited by Jingthing

Haven't tried yet but another opportunity to plug another Japanese hole in the wall that is indeed very charming, cheap, and delicious and Japanese run. They mostly have ramen but much better than Oishi, and only 60 baht. Its to the left of the big Thai food market at the end of Soi 5, near Jomtien Immigration.

PP massage? That sounds nasty.

Yes indeed Jingthing, and their Coffee's and Fruit drinks are delicious too and inexpensive!! :o