Financial Crisis

Interesting choice of sponsors.

I would still rather believe what he tells me any day over the likes of CNN and CNBC :bah:

and it's interesting that the Guardian article you quoted doesn't even provide a name?

Keiser displays the attitude and uses the language of a used car salesman. both enhanced by the fake questions his ugly² female counterpart is asking.

but then... Sol3 (commonly known as "Earth") is a free planet allowing free speech. on the Klingon homeworld Kronos both would be... :lol:

:whistling:

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• midas

• Naam

• flying

• 12DrinkMore

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

both enhanced by the fake questions his ugly² female counterpart is asking.

I think he's great especially that interview. He along with Jon Stewart can deliver some real news along with satire.

But it's nice to know that we can wholeheartedly agree on occasion...

I would still rather believe what he tells me any day over the likes of CNN and CNBC :bah:

and it's interesting that the Guardian article you quoted doesn't even provide a name?

Right, Iran and Russia are such bastions of truth and freedom?:bah:

Read the article again, his name is in there. Unless you are looking for another name?

Right, Iran and Russia are such bastions of truth and freedom?:bah:

Read the article again, his name is in there. Unless you are looking for another name?

you mean the likes of the IMF which Gerald Celente aptly names the International Mafia Federation

is any more credible :lol: I mean as Max Kaiser pointed out in that video clip

the whole situation is ludicrous -one organisation borrowing from another to

bailout yet another. I don't care if Mickey Mouse delivers the news as long as we hear about it. :whistling:

Keiser displays the attitude and uses the language of a used car salesman. both enhanced by the fake questions his ugly² female counterpart is asking.

but then... Sol3 (commonly known as "Earth") is a free planet allowing free speech. on the Klingon homeworld Kronos both would be... :lol:

actually it's Pierre Jovanovic who is being interviewed that has the information that matters :whistling:

actually it's Pierre Jovanovic who is being interviewed that has the information that matters :whistling:

i am talking about Keiser and his appearances on Russia Today and not about a specific interview.

How to solve the euro's problems - And why failure threatens another Great

Depression

* The stakes are enormous

* Solve the eurozone's problems...

* ...or end up with the next Great Depression

Imposing austerity on the peripheral nations cannot, on its own, solve the

euro's problems. We now need collective responsibility, involving burden sharing

between creditors and debtors and, in time, a move towards a minor version of

fiscal union. We prefer the term "fiscal club".

While the ECB and the EFSF can play important short-term roles in stabilising

the financial system - and we outline "next steps" in this piece - they lack the

political legitimacy ultimately required to safeguard the euro's future.

A euro break-up would be a disaster, threatening another Great Depression.

Cross-border holdings of assets and liabilities within the eurozone have risen

dramatically, leading to a tangled web of mutual financial dependency. With the

re-introduction of national currencies, disentanglement would proceed at a rate

of knots, undermining financial systems, generating massive currency moves,

threatening hyper-inflation in the periphery and triggering economic collapse in

the core.

The eurozone's problems are not merely the result of profligate borrowing by the

peripheral nations. They also reflect earlier profligate lending by the core

nations, a response to growing competitive imbalances following the euro's

inception in 1999.

The creditor nations too often forget the benefits they've enjoyed within the

euro: improved competitiveness, insulation from sudden currency revaluations and

low interest rates. Yet these benefits have added to the eurozone's systemic

difficulties: Germany's ever-rising current account surplus provided the funds

that led to the peripheral borrowing boom.

Ultimately, the costs involved in fixing the euro's manifest weaknesses are far

lower than the costs of failure. That message now has to be rammed home loud and

clear.

anybody interested in all 28 pages of this HSBC research pm me with e-mail address.

If " “Occupy Boston” ( outside the Federal Reserve Bank of Boston ) can coordiaate

with " Occupy Wall Street " then its "Touché" :rolleyes:

" Above all, we aim to break up the global

banking cartel centered at the Federal Reserve, International Monetary

Fund, Bank of International Settlement and World Bank.

We demand that the primary dealers within

the Federal Reserve banking system be broken up and held accountable

for rigging markets and destroying the global economy, effective

immediately.

As a first sign of good faith, we demand Ben Bernanke step down as Federal Reserve chairman.

Until our demands are met and a rule of

law is restored, we will engage in a relentless campaign of

non-violent, peaceful, civil disobedience.”

European creditors that are still being paid interest on loans, but believe that they will not be in the future should be discounting the principal on the loan for estimated losses over time. Banks have already cried the depression wolf and bankers are still paying themselves silly money compensation. Its ultimately a matter between the debtors who need to strengthen their financial position and the creditors who may need to write off certain debts and unleash the debt collectors on them, so they may as well get on with it.

Those higher than normal market interest rates the creditors were negotiating when they loaned the money is for a reason= the debtor had less than usual financial strength so the creditor took on the risk and is being paid higher interest for the possibility that he may not get the full principal back. Well, sometimes that happens and the creditor takes a haircut and the debtor is punished. In this case, the debtors loans are due but, the debtors can't pay them off and no one will loan the debtor enough new money to pay off the old loans at the rates the debtor is willing to pay. So creditors have to keep the pressure on and take a haircut, but not lend the debtors the total amount the debtors need to get out of hot water so they can continue to squeeze until debtors are responsible enough to pay off their debts.

Don't look to the US taxpayer for help, we are wise to the European and American bankers, tapped out and are in the mood for relaxing the rule of law with riots until we get justice.

actually " Occupy Boston " seem to be much more disciplined than " Occupy Wall Street " and seem to have crystallised their thinking much more on what they want to target B) it's the tea party all over again :lol:

- here is their website

http://occupyboston.com/

Yes from what I have seen I agree

Also notice the demographics of Boston group

This "Occupy" movement is polar opposite to the tea party. If the top leader of the Tea Party SARAH PALIN or some bozo from FOX NEWS showed up at an Occupy protest, they would be aggressively booed off the stage. The Tea Party is an extreme RIGHT WING movement. Tea party appeals mostly to angry white men, it has embraced fascistic social policies such as oppressing gay people, pro gun so called rights, letting poor people who are sick just die. They are obsessed with the debt as opposed to where the obsession SHOULD be now, the massive suffering of the American people during a virtual great depression. The Occupy movement is left wing and is for social justice. It is racially diverse and pro people power.

Imagine this rhetoric from the tea party. Never happen! Tea party isn't interested in wealth inequality, they are pro corporate. Tea party isn't interested in the needs of the people; rather they pine for an idealized right wing American past that never existed. Can you imagine Union activists being welcome at a Tea Party event? Nope, tea party are clearly neo-fascists.

The top 1% of Americans own 50% of the nation’s wealth and use this wealth to undermine the founding principles of our democracy. Our democracy is not for sale.

• We are the 99% of America who are not being represented equally by our government and whose basic needs are not being met.

http://occupyboston.com/faq/general-faq/

These are hard times in America. It is predictable that grass roots people's movements from BOTH the right and the left would emerge in such times. Don't get confused that they are the same thing. Purely wishful thinking from right wingers.

Edited by Jingthing

This "Occupy" movement is polar opposite to the tea party. If the top leader of the Tea Party SARAH PALIN or some bozo from FOX NEWS showed up at an Occupy protest, they would be aggressively booed off the stage. The Tea Party is an extreme RIGHT WING movement. Tea party appeals mostly to angry white men, it has embraced fascistic social policies such as oppressing gay people, pro gun so called rights, letting poor people who are sick just die. They are obsessed with the debt as opposed to where the obsession SHOULD be now, the massive suffering of the American people during a virtual great depression. The Occupy movement is left wing and is for social justice. It is racially diverse and pro people power.

Imagine this rhetoric from the tea party. Never happen! Tea party isn't interested in wealth inequality, they are pro corporate. Tea party isn't interested in the needs of the people; rather they pine for an idealized right wing American past that never existed. Can you imagine Union activists being welcome at a Tea Party event? Nope, tea party are clearly neo-fascists.

The top 1% of Americans own 50% of the nation’s wealth and use this wealth to undermine the founding principles of our democracy. Our democracy is not for sale.

• We are the 99% of America who are not being represented equally by our government and whose basic needs are not being met.

http://occupyboston....aq/general-faq/

These are hard times in America. It is predictable the people's movements from BOTH the right and the left would emerge in such times. Don't get confused that they are the same thing. Purely wishful thinking from right wingers.

I don't agree with everything either group stands for, but I see neither as extremeist. They do share common ground in arguing that the current administration has done next to nothing to either create jobs for people or see that the people who are most responsible for the economic crisis are brought to justice. On the contrary, the administration gives every indication they are in cahoots with the fraudsters. people can be slow to react, but it's always a mistake to underestimate their intelligence.

the current administration has done next to nothing to either create jobs for people or see that the people who are most responsible for the economic crisis are brought to justice. On the contrary, the administration gives every indication they are in cahoots with the fraudsters.

Yup that's the way it looks unfortunately, not that this administration is any different from its predecessors.

Again, don't let anyone sell you the falsehood that the Tea Party and the Wall Street inspired movement are the same thing.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/can-the-left-stage-a-tea-party/2011/09/30/gIQA35GMGL_story.html?hpid=z2

Tea party -- RIGHT WING

Wall street movement -- LEFT WING

The tea party has a good brand name already. I am not sure what this Wall street thing should be named, but as far as clear branding, they are off to a poor start. No surprise really, the right wing has been so much better at this sort of thing in recent years.

But the absence of a strong, organized left made it easier for conservatives to label Obama as a left-winger. His health-care reform is remarkably conservative — yes, it did build on the ideas implemented in Massachusetts that Mitt Romney once bragged about. It was nothing close to the single-payer plan the left always preferred. His stimulus proposal was too small, not too large. His new Wall Street regulations were a long way from a complete overhaul of American capitalism. Yet Republicans swept the 2010 elections because they painted Obama and the Democrats as being far to the left of their actual achievements.

This week, progressives will highlight a new effort to pursue the road not taken at a conference convened by the Campaign for America’s Future that opens Monday. It is a cooperative venture with a large number of other organizations, notably the American Dream Movement led by Van Jones, a former Obama administration official who wants to show the country what a truly progressive agenda around jobs, health care and equality would look like. Jones freely acknowledges that “we can learn many important lessons from the recent achievements of the libertarian, populist right” and says of the progressive left: “This is our ‘Tea Party’ moment — in a positive sense.” The anti-Wall Street demonstators seem to have that sense, too.

Edited by Jingthing

Again, don't let anyone sell you the falsehood that the Tea Party and the Wall Street inspired movement are the same thing.

Tea party -- RIGHT WING

They both however correctly perceive that the level of corruption in government has now made attempts at reform via the ballot box an exercise in futility as the current administration continues to demonstrate.

This "Occupy" movement is polar opposite to the tea party.

When I made that comment I was referring to The Boston Tea Party, 1773 :rolleyes:

I mean they had their act together then at that time and I am just saying that Boston seems to be more organised than Wall Street

Edited by midas

Also notice the demographics of Boston group

it stands out doesn't it flying ?

a pretty articulate group of people overall

maybe some of them are even ex Harvard or MIT ?

Edited by midas

http://www.washingto...ry.html?hpid=z2

Tea party -- RIGHT WING

The tea party has a good brand name already. I am not sure what this Wall street thing should be named, but as far as clear branding, they are off to a poor start. No surprise really, the right wing has been so much better at this sort of thing in recent years.

But the absence of a strong, organized left made it easier for conservatives to label Obama as a left-winger. His health-care reform is remarkably conservative — yes, it did build on the ideas implemented in Massachusetts that Mitt Romney once bragged about. It was nothing close to the single-payer plan the left always preferred. His stimulus proposal was too small, not too large. His new Wall Street regulations were a long way from a complete overhaul of American capitalism. Yet Republicans swept the 2010 elections because they painted Obama and the Democrats as being far to the left of their actual achievements.

This week, progressives will highlight a new effort to pursue the road not taken at a conference convened by the Campaign for America’s Future that opens Monday. It is a cooperative venture with a large number of other organizations, notably the American Dream Movement led by Van Jones, a former Obama administration official who wants to show the country what a truly progressive agenda around jobs, health care and equality would look like. Jones freely acknowledges that “we can learn many important lessons from the recent achievements of the libertarian, populist right” and says of the progressive left: “This is our ‘Tea Party’ moment — in a positive sense.” The anti-Wall Street demonstators seem to have that sense, too.

Trust me, I surely don't need you to interpret for me who's who in politics. If anything you've only shown yourself to be way behind the curve in recognising what is going on. People like yourself often make the mistake of waiting for some "acceptable" source of media to break these things down for you, when if you'd only kept your eyes and ears open you'd have figured it out for yourself a helluva lot sooner. It seems I have greater faith in your own intelligence than you do.

This is not business as usual so you can take your labels and....

This is not business as usual so you can take your labels and....

I agree it is not business as usual. Most certainly. There have been crises before and like before there is a divide between those who think the government needs to take a bigger role to weather the storm and those who think the government should take no role (the tea party nihilists). There is ideology behind the labels and using labels and language helps explain the issues.

Like that video earlier pointed out...no real focus to the protests yet. And with only a few hundred people participating, it's not really mainstream enough to make something happen.

you were saying Craig ? :huh:

From Occupy to Withdraw: The Simple Plan to Let Wall Street Be Its Own Undoing

The Withdrawal Plan:

Each and every member of #Occupy commits to opening an account and depositing $100 at Bank of America (Bank #1 of 6).

$90 of each deposit is quickly lent away by the bank.

#OccupyWallStreet participants focus on spreading this one message; to current B of A customers, to newcomers, to Tea Partiers, to all who would listen and participate, over the next several months.

On an undetermined day in the future, the call goes out: “Withdraw from Wall Street” (suggestion for the one to make “the call” is Max Keiser and/or Alex Jones).

All participants immediately return to Bank of America, withdraw their $100, and close their accounts.

Bank of America, overwhelmed by the sheer number of withdrawals, will not have enough money in reserve to cover all of them and will shut down, on the verge of collapse. Other B of A depositors will not be injured by the run, as their money is insured by the FDIC.

B of A will ask for bailouts, ultimately turning to the Federal Reserve to backstop them through money printing.

The sham of the circus that is central banking will be thrown wide open into the teeth of a now VERY angry public, and any type of bailout of B of A may simply prove politically untenable.

The first of the six mega-banks will fall, the sham of central and fractional reserve banking will be thoroughly exposed, and a public growing in awareness will remove their deposits from any Wall Street bank, in favor of local banks and credit unions which help their local communities.

The Wall Street system will implode under the weight of its own greed, and the fraud which is the Federal Reserve will at last be undone, approximately 100 years after its creation.

http://www.scuttledd.com/2011/10/from-occupy-to-withdraw-the-simple-plan-to-let-wall-street-destroy-itself-withdrawfromwallstreet/

AMEN !!!

Edited by midas