Global Spin Out 10 Year Visa Options

pailand

I have been reading in the news recently ways for Thailand to raise funds or taxes as its called, seems to be popping up more often than not these days in an ever struggling world climate. I have had a thought at one way Thailand might like to consider and would be interested to hear what other foreigners would think of the idea. Many of us live full time here in Thailand as residents of course under a non resident visa system. visits to the local immigration office every 90 days plus yearly application for visa's . I feel myself 90 day visits are not necessary to be honest. I would like to see something like a 10 year visa available it would even raise funds for the country and encourage foreigners to invest more money from abroad to Thailand. say a 10 year visa purchased for 100,000-150,000k bahts even 6months or 1 year trips to immigration with fees attached I think would be welcomed and a very good source of more funds. I would think if a descent visa was on offer then we would be able to plan our life's better be also committed to investing into a community, example building a house planning schooling for our children as well as many more commitments to life here in Thailand with a residentual status. This would raise finances for the country and benefit the local Thai economy on the whole. I would like to hear what other farang out there think of this as an idea.

Lets hope that with other country's around Thailand offering better incentives that we will one day get a better deal on offer here for us and for the Thai community.

start_new_topic_f2.html

09.00 Monday morning and waiting for a few baht increase in the exchange rates. I look forward to reading other comments on how you are so generously offering to expend 100-150k of our money. Abolish the 90 day check by all means but let's not offer more. All the most recent suggestions by the Thai Ministry favour the tourists and not residents - I feel those ideas should be reversed.

09.00 Monday morning and waiting for a few baht increase in the exchange rates. I look forward to reading other comments on how you are so generously offering to expend 100-150k of our money. Abolish the 90 day check by all means but let's not offer more. All the most recent suggestions by the Thai Ministry favour the tourists and not residents - I feel those ideas should be reversed.

this would be around 1/2 billion dollars in coffers

At the end of the day, the ones pulling the strings don't really want us here long term... if anything, things would get tougher on the whole. Consider being charged a grand for every 90-day report for instance...

At the end of the day, the ones pulling the strings don't really want us here long term... if anything, things would get tougher on the whole. Consider being charged a grand for every 90-day report for instance...

I would imagine this is a much more likely way forward. :o

As always when the OP's ideas are brought up I am sure most "residents" here would jump at the idea or something similar. The only hitch being that its up to the Thais not the foreigners.