Sleepless Nights Ahead For Bohpud & Gecko Fire & Threads

NALAK

All fine here too thanks; enjoying a beautiful winter in the desert.

I've seen pics of the "new" Gecko bar and it looks great. The villas WILL be started, I'm quite sure, in the not too distant future.

My question regarding noise pollution and the previous issues in this thread still stands though. Are there issues still or has the new premises and its design + the fact that, from what I gather, events now start in the daytime (as always planned) and finish earlier made a difference?

I for one am looking forward to visiting the Island in early April and hanging out with my friends at their new property, and regardless of the feelings that were running so high a few months ago you surely have to take your hat off to them for bouncing back like this after losing everything they had such a short time ago; quite an acheivement in anybodys book!

Looking forward to hearing the thoughts and opinions of those that were so vocal a while back.

Well great, hope you have a great holiday here. Starting day time? Are you kidding? NO ONE THERE. Finish earlier? You are being fed some great information.

You want me to take my hat off? You must be a comedian. Really I think you are. Why would I take my hat off to any ILLEGAL enterprise.

I think that is the ugliest monstrosity ever built & if you think tin roofing & concrete floors with no walls are a great soundproofing method,great. The façade hides the ugliness .

I hope not the same architect that designed it will have any input into your 6 x 1 million paid up villas.

Keep living the dream,because that's all it is.

Edited by Oak

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

can somebody give me the google coordinates or a google link so I can see where exactly that GECKO thing is?

Not Shown, Google not been updated for years

Obscured by clouds or maybe smoke

:)

Yes I am aware of that it cannot be shown but it is located at some coordinate maybe near the location I have chosen here now. If somebody can correct the location that would be appreciated.

I typed in bophut hills golf course and that is what i got:

Bophut Hills

Bophut Hills, Bo Phut, Ko Samui, Surat Thani 84140

Thailand

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source...179759039015003

You may have to zoom out first to world view and mark the red tab with the 'A' and then zoom in as I am not so good with these things

Yes I am aware of that it cannot be shown but it is located at some coordinate maybe near the location I have chosen here now. If somebody can correct the location that would be appreciated.

I typed in bophut hills golf course and that is what i got:

Bophut Hills

Bophut Hills, Bo Phut, Ko Samui, Surat Thani 84140

Thailand

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source...179759039015003

You may have to zoom out first to world view and mark the red tab with the 'A' and then zoom in as I am not so good with these things

Without any landmarks it's difficult, this is as near as I can get but could be a few hundred meters out

Gecko.kmz

Edited by Slaps

Thanks a lot Slaps, as I am unable to put moutain markers in to google earth but transferred it to MAPS and can see he is 1 km behind me and about 100 metres higher then me. Does Gecko and his building an his sound face North (towards = Bophut) or East (towards = Chaweng)?

I will ask someone I know which must live there and would not be amused if it is as bad as described.

Edited by OKF

Was there an official statement about what caused the fire? Or confirmed rumours?

Official, as usual electrical fault :):D with a lot of fine acting. I wonder where they will put the six million dollar villas now?

I've been reading this thread for quite a while and I too happen to know the family in question.

I also noticed a lot of deleted posts.. Are posts like this one acceptable? People nearly lost their lives and you think it's funny?

If you check with the fire department you'll see that it was an electrical fault that caused the fire..

There were no smashed windows from petrol bombs or the like

They weren't insured either, so it wasn't an insurance job..

Maybe you're unaware because you spend so much time 'looking down' on "The Ugly Monstrosity" or writing about it

but there has been a global recession going on. What would you say might be the first thing you'd have to cut back on

in a recession? The million dollar holiday home perhaps?

You sound very bitter but there has been no mention of the sound and I happen to know that they have been

trying to get people up there in the day time as they always planned. But as you say maybe there has been only 30 or 40 people

because the place isn't finished yet and maybe they're trying to re-build their lives so they too can live in relative peace.

The architect (who designed Tongsai Bay, The Reggae Pub amongst many other places on Samui) is a very well respected designer that has lived on the island for nearly 30 years and is a very good friend. I happen to think the place is beautiful and will be amazing when it's finished. You obviously haven't been inside!

I also happen to know that the trees that were cut down weren't on their land and were not cut by them.

They were infected by the worm that has been destroying thousands of trees on the island. You most probably have a couple in your garden and don't even know they're infected! So before laying blames and making jokes about fires that just aren't funny..

Why not think before you write your BS.. Just imagine if that had happened to you!

Gary, that link doesn't work. Do you have any still photos of the place? Your website has none, all info there seems to pertain to your old location.

Sorry if the link doesn't work, i'm not a super user you see. I got it off Gary's Facebook (you're probably a 'friend' of his anyway)

If Gary was writing on here, believe me you'd know it was him. He has no reason to hide behind usernames because you all know who and where he is.. He tried to write on here once before but was deleted as have most people that have written anything pro-gecko.

I will continue to stick up for them because I know what they are trying to do up there and it's not your so called nightclub.

You can say all you want but you will not faze them one bit.. You have only made them stronger and they have proved this by coming back like they have! I'm sure they'll have lots of photos for you to see once the place is fully open!

Discussion of moderation on open forum not advisable.

21) Not to discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy

But as you say maybe there has been only 30 or 40 people

because the place isn't finished yet and maybe they're trying to re-build their lives so they too can live in relative peace.

How do you define "relative peace"?

100 decibel or 90 decibel at 4 AM? thinking.gif

Edited by PoorSucker

I was referring to you lot (got it in for gecko) with the "relative peace" poor sucker...

Sorry, that's apart from the Karaokes, Temple concerts, Lake view, loud markets, long tail boats, racing bikes, cement trucks, building machinery, lawn mowers, private house/villa parties, guy with the drill next door, guy with the two screaming bar girls next door, firecrackers, off road bikes, loud people in general, dogs, chickens of course which we all have to put up with.. oh and the occasional gecko.

Sleepless nights ahead? :)

I've lived on Monkey Soi for a long time and can hear all of those annoying sounds most nights and so can all of Bophut, Chaweng, Lamai, Maenam, Nathon..

What's New?

I was referring to you lot (got it in for gecko) with the "relative peace" poor sucker...

Sorry, that's apart from the Karaokes, Temple concerts, Lake view, loud markets, long tail boats, racing bikes, cement trucks, building machinery, lawn mowers, private house/villa parties, guy with the drill next door, guy with the two screaming bar girls next door, firecrackers, off road bikes, loud people in general, dogs, chickens of course which we all have to put up with.. oh and the occasional gecko.

I've lived on Monkey Soi for a long time and can hear all of those annoying sounds most nights and so can all of Bophut, Chaweng, Lamai, Maenam, Nathon..

What's New?

I've read all 18 pages of this thread and this is my first posting on this subject. The reason? cocoloco's post is the most juvenile. And irrelevent to the discussion of whether a club (or not) should operate in a residential area. :D

What's New?

So that makes it allright to put a club in a residential area?

A few chickens, lawn mowers, motor bikes, tookay's etc are quite a bit different to the thumping base of an illegal all night club in the middle of a residential area.

That is just shear selfishness.

ilegal nightclub.?? I've seen the plans for the place and you are all so so wrong but

you just talk amongst yourselves as usual and you'll just have to wait and see won't you

You really haven't got a clue , none of you!

A few chickens, lawn mowers, motor bikes, tookay's etc are quite a bit different to the thumping base of an illegal all night club in the middle of a residential area.

ilegal nightclub.?? I've seen the plans for the place and you are all so so wrong but

you just talk amongst yourselves as usual and you'll just have to wait and see won't you

1. It's in a zone for recidential structures.

2. Closing time is 2 AM in all of Thailand.

Simple as that.

I don't want to get involved, but why does it sound like Villasamui? Have to check that.

I wonder how old cocoloco is? Sounds like a petulant teenager

What's New?

i live on Soi monkey never heard on long tail boat in 9 years. you must have good hearing, lake view on most nights now is it. Nathon hear Lake view, erm dont think so

why do you think people up there in your words have it in for the project, they dont seem to upset buy other developments going on around. Maybe because he is a farang and every thing else you mention is Thai noise pollution. you must have the patients of a saint to put up with all that night after night. lucky guy two screaming bar girls around his house most nights, off raod biking at night time ouch!!!

like your Emotion Nero fiddles whilst Rome burnt. replace Nero and Rome

Nero as the arsonist, so he could build a palatial complex. It is also said that Nero played the fiddle while Rome burned.

Night Club in a residential zone looks illegal to me and I should think to the authorities also. :)

What's New?

i live on Soi monkey never heard on long tail boat in 9 years. you must have good hearing, lake view on most nights now is it. Nathon hear Lake view, erm dont think so

why do you think people up there in your words have it in for the project, they dont seem to upset buy other developments going on around. Maybe because he is a farang and every thing else you mention is Thai noise pollution. you must have the patients of a saint to put up with all that night after night. lucky guy two screaming bar girls around his house most nights, off raod biking at night time ouch!!!

like your Emotion Nero fiddles whilst Rome burnt. replace Nero and Rome

Nero as the arsonist, so he could build a palatial complex. It is also said that Nero played the fiddle while Rome burned.\

How does a post like this get allowed??

It's beyond comprehension.. Arson? You really think that they would come back like that if it was arson?

You really do wish it was arson don't you!

sad sad sad!

Most posts in this topic are have been alone so that members can get a feel for what is going on here. Warts and all.

Sorry Lite Beer, don't understand a word of that :)

Well it was early

Is this how it should read?

Most posts in this topic have been left alone so that members can get a feel for what is going on here. Warts and all

:D