New Colors For Yamaha Nouvo Elegance

jackcorbett

The new models are still 53000 baht with the spoked wheels. Out the door with insurance and registration they are close to 56,000 baht however.

I paid 57,000 Baht. Incl. mag wheels, registration, helmet, jacket, home delivery, english manual and other excellent services

:)

Helmut

Helmut, if you have the chance can you post a picture of your new bike. Right now I'm about 50-50 on trading my three year old Nouvo in on a new one. But I haven't seen any of the new ones yet, only the pictures. This is the best I've found as of yet of the new red model. Nouvo_135_2008.jpg

I like this one but its not one of the old or new colours,yamaha must be selling customised parts for the NE.

• 11 months later...

I bought my Elegance here in Nong Khai 2 months ago and have done 800km of mixed riding, with most around town and also a trip to Udon Thani. I've found that the brakes are excellent and it also has the acceleration to get you out of any sticky situations or for overtaking. Mine isn't properly run in yet, but I have had 115km/hr out of it. Fuel economy seems to be about 1Baht per Km keeping below 75km/hr, but if you want to cruise at 100km/hr it is quite a bit less and I find the rear shocks just a little too harsh for me and will probably change them for adjustable gas shocks later.

I have been told that the tubed tyres that come with the spoked wheels are a slightly different compound to the tubeless tyres and don't hold the road as well, especially in the wet, but I have no first hand experience of that, I know that my tubeless tyres stick to the road pretty well in all conditions.

The motor has plenty of bottom end grunt, and when the wife is on the back there is almost no difference in performance around town.

I paid 59,000 for the bike including 2 years insurance, 2 helmets and jackets.

Over all I am very happy with the bike, but would also consider the Suzuki Skywave, mainly because it's about 10,000 Baht less for the 125cc fuel injected model with alloy wheels.

post-70629-0-74403800-1291168815_thumb.j

This is either the Malaysian or Philippino model

The new models are still 53000 baht with the spoked wheels. Out the door with insurance and registration they are close to 56,000 baht however.

I paid 57,000 Baht. Incl. mag wheels, registration, helmet, jacket, home delivery, english manual and other excellent services

:)

Helmut

Helmut, if you have the chance can you post a picture of your new bike. Right now I'm about 50-50 on trading my three year old Nouvo in on a new one. But I haven't seen any of the new ones yet, only the pictures. This is the best I've found as of yet of the new red model. Nouvo_135_2008.jpg

I like this one but its not one of the old or new colours,yamaha must be selling customised parts for the NE.

I bought my Elegance here in Nong Khai 2 months ago and have done 800km of mixed riding, with most around town and also a trip to Udon Thani. I've found that the brakes are excellent and it also has the acceleration to get you out of any sticky situations or for overtaking. Mine isn't properly run in yet, but I have had 115km/hr out of it. Fuel economy seems to be about 1Baht per Km keeping below 75km/hr, but if you want to cruise at 100km/hr it is quite a bit less and I find the rear shocks just a little too harsh for me and will probably change them for adjustable gas shocks later.

I have been told that the tubed tyres that come with the spoked wheels are a slightly different compound to the tubeless tyres and don't hold the road as well, especially in the wet, but I have no first hand experience of that, I know that my tubeless tyres stick to the road pretty well in all conditions.

The motor has plenty of bottom end grunt, and when the wife is on the back there is almost no difference in performance around town.

I paid 59,000 for the bike including 2 years insurance, 2 helmets and jackets.

Over all I am very happy with the bike, but would also consider the Suzuki Skywave, mainly because it's about 10,000 Baht less for the 125cc fuel injected model with alloy wheels.

post-70629-0-74403800-1291168815_thumb.j

My buddy just got a 400 baht ticket on a rental Nouvo yesterday. He had not planned on renting a bike this visit from the U.S. and he surprised me when he did. Anyway......I wanted to do a longer drive than the usual oon my Nouvo Elegance just to see once again how it would handle faster traffic so we got from North Pattaya Road almost to Nong Nooch Botanical Garden when we got stopped by the police. He didn't have anything other than a U.S. driver's license. I asked the policeman who was so intent on giving me a ticket (for anything) that he asked me for my driver's license even after I showed it to him straight off what the speed limit was at this point on Sukamvit. He said 80 kilometers per hour. Of course the car traffic was going a lot faster along Sukamvit at this point. so he smiled when he said that. My buddy and I had just been looking at the new Honda CBR 150's (which I like a lot ). The salesgirl told me the 250 will come out in a couple of weeks or so and she took down my number so a test drive can be arranged of both the new 150 and the 250 when it comes out. Anyway.....I can't see where I need any more power than my Nouvo Elegance 135 already has. It went like a bat out of hell down Sukamvit. The problem is my lack of nerve, not the limits to this bike's engine given the deplorable driving habits of those around me. I was taking my Nouvo Elegance up to 90 kilometers per hour and it got there pretty fast. But even 90 is a bit too fast on Sukamvit. I'm keeping up with the cars no problem. The Elegance does everything I ask of it extremely well. Still, I'm tempted to get the new CBR 150 or the upcoming 250 while keeping the Elegance. But it seems to me the 250 is overkill for any driving conditions I 'll be encountering (Might still get one, however) while the Nouvo Elegance is a do it all machine for this part of Thailand at least. It most definitely acts as if it has more than the 11.2 horsepower Yamaha claims for it.

Still way cheaper than the 460k baht for the Kawasaki Vulcan 900 that I want.

David