Non-o Requirements

G'day,

My visa is running out and I am going to Singapore to get a proper non-O. I went to the embassy's website on this page and I have some questions for people who have done it in Singapore. I have already emailed the embassy but have not yet received a reply.

4) Personal history. What is this item?

5) Airline ticket or confirmation slip with flight number date of entry/exit. I intend to buy a return ticket from CNX to Singapore. Is that going to be okay or do I have to show a return ticket TO Singapore? I read about have $1000 in cash on the forum, is that a substitute?

6) Marriage Certificate. I have both, a Singapore one and a Thai one. Do I have to bring both?

7) Bank Statement (at least 400,000 Baht). I have a hard time opening a bank account here and depositing foreign checks. They usually want me to have the non-O visa first which is a bit of a catch 22. So far I have managed to open an account with Kasikorn, but my check is taking over a month to clear. I would have some money, but definitely not 400,000 yet (more checks along the way) and not for a period of 2 months.

All my documents are either Thai or English. The English ones are original copies, not translated. Do I still need to get them notarized or is the true copy along with a photocopy sufficient?

I'm sure I wouldn't be issued a 1 year visa. So will I get a 90 day? If it's just 30 days or 60, I'll rather come back into Thailand via a tourist visa and get it extended for another 60.

Edit: I'm a Singaporean and 35.

thanks

Matt

Edited by st11x

Singapore will not issue a Multi Entry Non O Visa usually. I see you are a Singapore National so maybe they will.

Suggest you give them a ring and ask.Embassy Singapore.

Ok I see you have contacted them already.

You can always get 12 month extensions from Immigration with 400,000 Baht in a Thai bank or 40,000 Monthly income.

That way there is no need for border runs. Have a look at the rules.

You need 2.18(5)

You can always get 12 month extensions from Immigration with 400,000 Baht in a Thai bank or 40,000 Monthly income.

Thanks. As I do not have the funds now, do I even bother going to the embassy when I am in Singapore? Or should I come back on the tourist visa again. Problem is, after 30 days, I still wouldn't have fulfilled their 400,000 THB + 2 months requirements, so I still can't obtain the 12 months extension from immigration.

By the way, when you apply for the visa overseas, does the Thai spouse need to be present? Will it lend weight?

I think you can get the single entry without a problem. I have seen reports where people working in Singapore got multiple entries without showing the 400K. If you have money in a Singapore bank you could show that also.

A single entry is good for 90 days. If you need more time than that you can apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife see 2.24 of the police order Lite Beer gave you the link to.

Having the wife along helps but it is not required.

They should give you single entry O even without funds. Also showing the funds in your singapore account is ok for one year multi entry.

I got one year multi non-O from Singapore last year based on funds in my account outside Thailand. Since then there has been reports them only issuing single entry but as Singapore resident you might still get multi entry.

Please do try multi and let us know, would be good to know if they still issue one year multi enties for residents.

I have a question o add to this thread. I am a Canadian, Been married for 2 years to a Thai and due to the fact I studied last year I cannot get a work permit (I was told can change here, but need the 400,000 Baht in the bank and I do not have that).

So I am of to get a new non-o again. I got a 1 year non-o in Singapore 1 1/2 years ago WITHOUT the 400,000 in the bank and was wondering if anyone lately has managed to get a 1 year multi non-o (within the last few months).

Please let me know since I would like to get a Multi non-o if possible without the 400,000 Baht.

Thanks everyone.

I have a question o add to this thread. I am a Canadian, Been married for 2 years to a Thai and due to the fact I studied last year I cannot get a work permit (I was told can change here, but need the 400,000 Baht in the bank and I do not have that).

So I am of to get a new non-o again. I got a 1 year non-o in Singapore 1 1/2 years ago WITHOUT the 400,000 in the bank and was wondering if anyone lately has managed to get a 1 year multi non-o (within the last few months).

Please let me know since I would like to get a Multi non-o if possible without the 400,000 Baht.

Thanks everyone.

Not in Singapore. Probably Penang or KL. You will need to show a bank book with some money in it though. Impossible to say how much as reports differ.

Try contacting a Visa Agent in Penag and asking. This is one. http://jimsplace-penang.com/

Thanks everyone.

You might have a better chance of getting multi non-o in KL or Penang without the full 400,000.

Good reports from Penang using an agent.

KL are mixed on the amount. Some wiith no money shown when they had the wife along.

Also remember to get the extension 400K is not the only option. You also can show 40K income per month.

Thanks everyone,

I know Jim in Penang quite well (about 6 years now), I will email him and see about Penang... last I heard was not the best place for visas anymore (almost 2 years ago though... been a while since I needed a new visa).

So no one has had any luck in Singapore then?

Thanks everyone,

I know Jim in Penang quite well (about 6 years now), I will email him and see about Penang... last I heard was not the best place for visas anymore (almost 2 years ago though... been a while since I needed a new visa).

All reports are that Singapore do not issue Multi Entry Visas anymore. while Penang has eased up a bit. Also some good reports from Phon Phen. (I can never spell that)

I downloaded the application form and there is a section where you name your guarantor in Singapore and Thailand. Can you just leave it blank or name any of your relations? What do they have to do as guarantors?

Can I clarify that single = single entry, 90 days and multiple = multiple entry, 1 year validity? Also, 1 year validity is from the day you apply for it, nothing to do with the length of time you actually spend in Thailand, correct?

thanks

Matt

I downloaded the application form and there is a section where you name your guarantor in Singapore and Thailand. Can you just leave it blank or name any of your relations? What do they have to do as guarantors?

Can I clarify that single = single entry, 90 days and multiple = multiple entry, 1 year validity? Also, 1 year validity is from the day you apply for it, nothing to do with the length of time you actually spend in Thailand, correct?

thanks

Matt

Leave guarantor blank.

A single entry will have a use before date 90 days from date of issue.

Multiple entry will have a valiity of 1 year from date of issue. You will get 90 days every entry. The day before the use by date (validity date) is the last date you can enter and get another 90 days.

Thanks everyone,

All reports are that Singapore do not issue Multi Entry Visas anymore. while Penang has eased up a bit. Also some good reports from Phon Phen. (I can never spell that)

Singapore do still issue Multi Entry visa but only to residents of Singapore. For Tourists I think they only do singles (and then I think only Tourist not non-o)

Singapore do still issue Multi Entry visa but only to residents of Singapore. For Tourists I think they only do singles (and then I think only Tourist not non-o)

Are you sure that is "Singapore resident" or "Singaporean citizen"?

I applied for a non-O in Feb 2008 at the Thai embassy in Singapore and received only a single entry 90 day non-O (I am Singapore PR). I did the exact same thing in KL in April and received a 1 year multiple entry non-O.

Are you sure that is "Singapore resident" or "Singaporean citizen"?

I applied for a non-O in Feb 2008 at the Thai embassy in Singapore and received only a single entry 90 day non-O (I am Singapore PR). I did the exact same thing in KL in April and received a 1 year multiple entry non-O.

I renewed my multiple entry 12 month "O" at Singapore in November 2008 no problem - I am a Brit working in Singapore on an Employment Pass - had to give them copies of the relevant stamps in my passport and show a bank statement (amount required was not specified) - can't see why you weren't given a multiple ... :o

• 2 weeks later...

I just returned from Singapore and I can report that I have gotten a multiple entry non-O visa. It was surprisingly painless, and it left me with too many days in Singapore. Nothing to complain about though ;-)

So my entry stamp goes for 90 days, do I have to leave the country when it is up or can I go to the immigration office to get it extended? If possible, I would prefer not to have to leave. The 7/15 day stamp through a land border shouldn't affect me as long as my visa is valid right?

Thanks

Matt

I renewed my multiple entry 12 month "O" at Singapore in November 2008 no problem - I am a Brit working in Singapore on an Employment Pass - had to give them copies of the relevant stamps in my passport and show a bank statement (amount required was not specified) - can't see why you weren't given a multiple ... :o

Man good to hear that, was planning trip to KL already as my visa expired yesterday.

Have to remember to take copy of my EP and the stamps with me next week when renewing...

Thanks everyone.

Don't get me wrong you might have had good reports about JIM but I do dissagree with you on that matter. Reason? My experience with JIM. I met him 2 times while I was in Penang since I was given his address by many posters here on TV. Before I went to Penang I send him an e-mail and inquired about an non-O multiple visa he told me by mail I need to have 800k in the bank to get that type of visa.

Since I heard different reports I answered him by mail "NO you are wrong" He answered me " I know what I am talking about I do that for living" I even posted his reply on TV but don't remember in which connection. So I met this guy in Penang and he still insisted I need the 800k in the bank.

So I travelled further up to KL and guess what happen? I did not need any money in the bank at all.

Now explain that to me :o