Australian Tourist Found Hung In Pattaya Apartment

george

Australian tourist found hung in Pattaya apartment

PATTAYA: -- An Australian tourist was found hung inside his rented room in an apartment here Wednesday, police said.

Robert Gordon Gary, 78, was found hanging to an iron bar, which was attached to the steel frame of the compression of the room's air conditioning unit.

Workers of the apartment found the body at noon.

Police said there were no trace of fighting and they believed the man took his own life.

Warakhana Wetchanan, 22, a worker of the apartment, said the man had been renting the room with his Thai wife for nearly a year.

She said the man became quiet after his Thai wife left him two days ago following a quarrel.

-- The Nation 2009-01-28

removed for rude & insensitive content

What a completely uncalled for, tactless and tacky comment to make. You know nothing about this man's life and yet make comments like this. I feel very sorry for any family members that may come across this post in their search to find out what has happened to their loved one.

removed for rude & insensitive comments.

What a completely uncalled for, tactless and tacky comment to make. You know nothing about this man's life and yet make comments like this. I feel very sorry for any family members that may come across this post in their search to find out what has happened to their loved one.

Ladyheather,

I'm trying to see which part of SBC's comment was so offensive. He just states that he feels sorry for the guy, doing this & he wonders why so many people involved in farang/thai relationships seem to do this type of thing. As for the last bit, I must admit I've seen alot friends dancing when their partner/wife has left. He even throws in a RIP. :o

Perhaps SBC doesnt actually realise how common suicide is, in all parts of the world. It is very sad that after 70 something years of living, he takes this course of action.

Hope he does RIP & also thoughts with his family.

Her complaint probably had something to do with the australian wife comment. Something I, too, see as being in poor taste. We don't know the circumstances of this man's life and jokes like this (if that is what it was supposed to be) are really unnecessary.

Quite, I find it sick that someone just can't help but inject their own misogyny into a thread of this nature. Keep it off this thread & away from this forum.

I have removed the post in question.

R.I.P & condolences to his family & friends.

My deepest sympathies to the friends and family of the victim.

I can imagine that there comes a point in ones life where staring in the abyss is just too difficult. To be left alone in a foreign country, without the support of family and friends may just be too overwhelming for some.

Rest in Peace.

PATTAYA: -- An Australian tourist was found hung inside his rented room in an apartment here Wednesday, police said.

Robert Gordon Gary, 78, was found hanging to an iron bar, which was attached to the steel frame of the compression of the room's air conditioning unit.

Police said there were no trace of fighting and they believed the man took his own life.

Warakhana Wetchanan, 22, a worker of the apartment, said the man had been renting the room with his Thai wife for nearly a year.

:o

She said the man became quiet after his Thai wife left him two days ago following a quarrel.

-- The Nation 2009-01-28

:DIt happens again and again.....his name....his age..his nationality. How do you know that he hang himself? Wouldn't it be easy to make it look like that? :D

post-39518-1233402609_thumb.jpg

-- The Nation 2009-01-28

:oIt happens again and again.....his name....his age..his nationality. How do you know that he hang himself? Wouldn't it be easy to make it look like that? :D

You'd have to ask the reporter at the newspaper those questions. It's been mentioned here many times, that one of the big problems with the news media around here is that you never get any follow up. It seems each incident is looked at, and a conclusion reached about what happened within a few minutes, and that's it. Never any follow up.

In some cases, noting a person's name/age/nationality can be troublesome. In other cases though, it may be the only way relatives ever find out what has happened.

I had it happen in one instance, when I posted an article about a young lad that died. Short time later I got a message from one of his relatives. They had been searching the internet for news about his death, saw the post I made and sent me a message. I guess they never got a lot of information through the "official" channels, so had to resort to searching the 'net for information.

RIP Mr Gary

removed for rude & insensitive comments.

Ladyheather,

I'm trying to see which part of SBC's comment was so offensive. He just states that he feels sorry for the guy, doing this & he wonders why so many people involved in farang/thai relationships seem to do this type of thing. As for the last bit, I must admit I've seen alot friends dancing when their partner/wife has left. He even throws in a RIP. :o

Perhaps SBC doesnt actually realise how common suicide is, in all parts of the world. It is very sad that after 70 something years of living, he takes this course of action.

Hope he does RIP & also thoughts with his family.

I apologies to "lady heather" i think for the second time that i have hurt her feelings.

I apologize in advance for bringing the cynical side to the post - I find it interesting they conclude it is suicide so fast.

"had become quiet after his Thai wife left him two days ago..."

Interesting. Again, sorry for mentioning that, felt I couldn't help it.

RIP....:o

i don't want to comment on a sad event.

but i did happen to see the report on television

it was rather graphic.

what struck me as curious was the rope was attached to to 2 rather light duty, s-shaped, metal hooks (unclosed ends),

the top of the hooks were hung from the aircon support arm.

it just seemed to me that these hooks would not be strong enough to support the weight of a falling body.

mentioning this just in case things are not what they seem