Usb Port And Speakers For Mazda 3 Sport Maxx 5 Door

Upcountry

Hi, thinking about buying a 2008 2.0 Mazda 3 Sport Maxx, but as far as I can tell it doesn't come with a USB port like some new Honda's and other brands do.

I'm wondering if there is at least an "auxiliary input" in the back of the head unit so that an aftermarket USB kit can be added (not expecting it to integrate with the display).

Also, from what I've heard (with my ears), the Mazda's here don't come with a very good stereo - the 7-speaker Bose set up offered in a top model overseas is not available for sale in Thailand.

So, I'm wondering if better speakers can be placed in the existing door cavities to improve the sound. I could probably add a subwoofer behind the rear seats, but it has to be movable for transporting larger items. :o

Any success stories or tales of woe would be welcome, thanks!

-Upcountry

Just found out that the following accessories are available in the US, at least, for the Mazda 3 Sport:

http://www.mazda.com.au/Forms/Configure%20your%20Mazda.aspx

Audio and Comms

Bluetooth hands free kit (standard audio) $370.00

iPod adaptor $240.00

Retractable audio cable (3.5mm male-to-male) $15.00

I didn't see the port when I saw a car in the Mazda showroom.

From what my wife can tell, in the Thai brochure, no auxiliary port is mentioned.

Hope someone can confirm what is true, and if it can be added aftermarket.

-U

I'm not sure if the original stereo has an aux in, but I did notice the site you posted is actually in Australia (.au). So the prices are in Aus$..

I'm sure you can get the speakers upgraded, in Bkk there are many places for car audio, off the top of my head there's Goldenkey Sound, Rocket Sound and FML, which I have seen stickers of on many cars, so they must be doing something right..

:o