New Members

Jockstar

Been reading this forum a lot over the last few months. Today we live near San Francisco (California) and am planning my early retirement with my beautiful & wonderful Thai wife that I met here in the SF Bay Area. Our target is Chiang Mai and am eager to learn as much as possible about life in LOS and CM. Will be buying a home in CM and looking for work to keep me busy. Have a long personal history in business, and am very familiar with the internet, import/export and selling products to major U.S. resellers --- key retailers and wholesale distributors. Anyone in the CM area that can use my experience, send them my way please.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

great to see you all and we really look forward to your input (the usual crowd has become boring  :o )

Just how unboring do you want us to get?

meathead.jpg

Do you want us to dance and sing?

04_04_20_freaks_outing_3.jpg

Draw nice pics of the moderators?

tn_mystictikibackdetail_JPG.jpg

Just let us usuals know and we'd be happy to please :D

btw... Happy Birthday! :D

cv

Hi Jockstar. Great thread. I've been a visitor since around September of 2004. I became an official member on October 25, 2004. I became a member to ask a question in the Girls Forum. My question was regarding what to wear to a Thai wedding and how much to bring as a gift. I got some great advice, and now I visit almost every day.

:o

All newbies welcome. Got quite a few responses. Good on ya all for taking the time to post. Anymore out there?

Hi, I'm new here as well, althought that I have visited LOS over 100 times for the last 25 years......

But I am also active on other boards, so dunno if I will contribute much here (yet)

just my 2 satang

All newbies welcome. Got quite a few responses. Good on ya all for taking the time to post. Anymore out there?

Hi, I'm new here as well, althought that I have visited LOS over 100 times for the last 25 years......

But I am also active on other boards, so dunno if I will contribute much here (yet)

just my 2 satang

Are the other boards better? You know you can post her as much as you want. Just dont upset the mods. :D:D:o

This is my first post, but have been monitoring for over a year. Planning on retiring in a few weeks and moving to BKK with my Thai wife. Have found more information on visas than I ever expected. Still a little confused, but working my way through it.

This is my first post, but have been monitoring for over a year.  Planning on retiring in a few weeks and moving to BKK with my Thai wife.  Have found more information on visas than I ever expected.  Still a little confused, but working my way through it.

Spent much time in Thailand yet?

cv

Recently joined and have asked a question that has been ignored in both forums it was posted. I was hoping for more help on this board, but, oh well.

You mean the question about re-spraying an old banger? Maybe no-one has done that before - most people buy new cars or pick-ups, I think. I had a few dents and gouges repaired on my truck when I reversed into a short concrete post - but that was in Phuket. It was very cheap and excellent work - can't see where the damage was now.

This is my first post, but have been monitoring for over a year.  Planning on retiring in a few weeks and moving to BKK with my Thai wife.  Have found more information on visas than I ever expected.  Still a little confused, but working my way through it.

Spent much time in Thailand yet?

cv

Have been to Thailand 6-7 times, each time for about 1 month or so. Looking forward to the move. Have spend more than 8 years in Asia over the years.

Edited by Bobe

Recently joined and have asked a question that has been ignored in both forums it was posted. I was hoping for more help on this board, but, oh well.

You mean the question about re-spraying an old banger? Maybe no-one has done that before - most people buy new cars or pick-ups, I think. I had a few dents and gouges repaired on my truck when I reversed into a short concrete post - but that was in Phuket. It was very cheap and excellent work - can't see where the damage was now.

Maybe due to the disaster not so many people were Repainting Old cars or were intrested in them :o

You can always ask again :D

I've been following this forum since moving to Thailand end of last June. Before that was for some years in Indonesia, eventually managed to tunnel my way out! Never again!

Forum basically very active and lively, enjoy reading it. Only thing gets me a bit is a small number of members always ticking off about petty problems with life in Thailand. Always problems everywhere, but here is better than most places.

Only a few posts so far, but hope to improve.

Good idea to start a thread for newbies, the attitude of some 'exalted members' puts newbies off contributing.

Thanks for the welcome, glad to be here!

I've been following this forum since moving to Thailand end of last June. Before that was for some years in Indonesia, eventually managed to tunnel my way out! Never again!

Forum basically very active and lively, enjoy reading it. Only thing gets me a bit is a small number of members always ticking off about petty problems with life in Thailand. Always problems everywhere, but here is better than most places.

Only a few posts so far, but hope to improve.

Good idea to start a thread for newbies, the attitude of some 'exalted members' puts newbies off contributing.

Thanks for the welcome, glad to be here!

Thanks john. Just an idea i came up with. Nice to hear about new people and i hope they can contribute some worthwhile and fun topics. Enjoy!