New Members

Jockstar

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello everybody !

I came across TV 5 days ago, and joined immediately. People here are really nice, funny and interesting, it's certainly the best forum I visited so far.

I moved in BKK 4 months ago, and that was my second visit in Thailand, so I find this forum very useful, and I hope I'll help making it even more so in the futur.

Thanks for this thread, gives me a chance to say thx to all the posters !!

:D Wow at last this topic give a nice chance for me...Hello i am new for here also ,,i sometimes come here to read about Farang's opinion ,,and add my Thai thinking to some topic also ... :D

Good To be new member here ...Sorry for my poor English you all here understand ,,,my excellent English haha :o

I am Sunlaree ,,,student ,,i hope my teachers are not around here (my Farang teachers)

Time for me to be another of Thai voice to give an opinion here YAHOO!!!!!!!!! :D

Thank you :o Udon and Dr Pat pong ,,

I always read your opinion in other topic ,i am Thai i do learn Farang's opinion so well,,The first time that i came here i saw the handle name of Dr Pat pong i think this name is so cute ,Pat pong refers to Thai name or the place ,,he he if refer to the place ummm

Let 's me ask are there any Dr nana and Dr Pattaya?

Thank you kaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :D

Hi All,

I just joined this forum a few days ago but did not remember where I got this link. :-) It's been time that I did not join a discussion forum. The first and last one was soc.culture.thai newsgroup. That was quite a long time ago when www had not been widespread.

Anyway, cheers!

Thank you  :D  Udon and Dr Pat pong ,,

I always read your opinion in other topic ,i am Thai i do learn Farang's opinion so well,,The first time that i came here i saw the handle name of  Dr  Pat pong i think this name is so cute ,Pat  pong refers to Thai name or the place ,,he he if refer to the place ummm

Let 's me ask are there any  Dr  nana and Dr Pattaya?

We get a few 'Cowboys' here, but they don't last long :o

They finish up at 'NanaPong' :D

Thank you  :D  Udon and Dr Pat pong ,,

I always read your opinion in other topic ,i am Thai i do learn Farang's opinion so well,,The first time that i came here i saw the handle name of  Dr  Pat pong i think this name is so cute ,Pat  pong refers to Thai name or the place ,,he he if refer to the place ummm

Let 's me ask are there any  Dr  nana and Dr Pattaya?

We get a few 'Cowboys' here, but they don't last long :o

They finish up at 'NanaPong' :D

Wasn't there a Dr Soi John ? :D

Hi all:

Thought this might be an opportune time to make my first post . . .

Like so very many others, I'm seriously considering retirement in Thailand, and was thinking of the Chiang Mai area. I visited Thailand a while back and loved pretty well everything about it.

I don't have a lot of money . . . certainly not the 80k required for the 'retirement visa', so I'd have to do the 'visa run' thing . . . and that really concerns me.

Still . . . I am seriously considering it.

I have an old black dog who has been great to me for many years, and I can't imagine ever abandoning her. But she's sorta on her last legs and I think that when she's gone, it'll be time for me to make a new start in a new place with new friends. She may hang on for a year or two (hopefully), but then I'll be ready to move on to new adventures.

I'm Canadian, 55, hale and hearty, and love new experiences.

I've been reading ThaiVisa for many months now, and truely appreciate all the info I've garnered on visas, culture, and society. I hope I can somehow add to the diversity and society here on this forum.

I [/b]do have a few concerns. . . Thought I have a year or more to learn Thai, I'll have to admit that language is not my forte. Tho I'm Canadian, I've never been able to master French, and a flunked latin at school about a dozen times . . .I can learn Thai, but it'll be slow and tedious. I wonder if that'll cause me to be ostracized?

And I haven't seen a lot of posts from folks my age. Can women of my age make it in Thailand? Or are the barriers to assilimation just too great?

Judy

Edited by judyel

Hi all:

Thought this might be an opportune time to make my first post . . .

Like so very many others, I'm seriously considering retirement in Thailand, and was thinking of the Chiang Mai area.  I visited Thailand a while back and loved pretty well everything about it.

I don't have a lot of money . . . certainly not the 80k required  for the 'retirement visa', so I'd have to do the 'visa run' thing . . . and that really concerns me. 

Still . . . I am seriously considering it.

I have an old black dog who has been great to me for many years, and I can't imagine ever abandoning her.  But she's sorta on her last legs and I think that when she's gone, it'll be time for me to make a new start in a new place with new friends.  She may hang on for a year or two (hopefully), but then I'll be ready to move on to new adventures.

I'm Canadian, 55, hale and hearty, and love new experiences. 

I've been reading ThaiVisa for many months now, and truely appreciate all the info I've garnered on visas, culture, and society.  I hope I can somehow add to the diversity and society here on this forum.

I [/b]do have a few concerns. . .  Thought I have a year or more to learn Thai, I'll have to admit that language is not my forte.  Tho I'm Canadian, I've never been able to master French, and a flunked latin at school about a dozen times . . .I can learn Thai, but it'll be slow and tedious.  I wonder if that'll cause me to be ostracized?

And I haven't seen a lot of posts from folks my age.  Can women of my age make it in Thailand? Or are the barriers to assilimation just too great? 

Judy

Firstly. Are you married? Will you be on your own? Or do you want to meet some nice Thai man? Learning Thai is all well. But my foreign language skills are not the best. But if you try and learn abit at a time you'll be ok. As for retiring here. I'm in no position to help. Mayeb some of the older TV members can help. But welcome to this forum. Any questions then just start a thread and ask.

Firstly. Are you married? Will you be on your own? Or do you want to meet some nice Thai man? Learning Thai is all well. But my foreign language skills are not the best. But if you try and learn abit at a time you'll be ok. As for retiring here. I'm in no position to help. Mayeb some of the older TV members can help. But welcome to this forum. Any questions then just start a thread and ask.

Hmmm .... good question.

No, I'm not married. I'd be single and alone for a bit in Thailand. No, I'm not 'looking' either.

And, yes, I am willing to learn Thai . ... just not convinced that I'll be all that succesful at it to start.

Hello Judy and welcome.

Don't worry about language skills, I'm the wrong side of 60 and have mastered enough to get by (just) :o ...... Lonely Planet phrase book, never had a lesson.

Latin ......... erm 17/100 in my final exam, no sweat there, and have never needed it, only maybe if I was a Tyke :D

You will need an income, pension or otherwise for sure.

I can learn Thai, but it'll be slow and tedious.  I wonder if that'll cause me to be ostracized?

Never, if you show Thais that you are trying they will help you. No worries there.

Just keep asking questions and swat up on what has been posted here before

Just do it ! Make the move if you can afford to.

cheers

udon

Hello Judy and welcome.

Don't worry about language skills, I'm the wrong side of 60 and have mastered enough to get by (just) :o ...... Lonely Planet phrase book, never had a lesson.

Latin ......... erm 17/100 in my final exam, no sweat there, and have never needed it, only maybe if I was a Tyke  :D

I can learn Thai, but it'll be slow and tedious.  I wonder if that'll cause me to be ostracized?

Never, if you show Thais that you are trying they will help you. No worries there.

Just keep asking questions and swat up on what has been posted here before

Just do it ! Make the move if you can afford to.

cheers

udon

Hello Judy and welcome.

hmmm... not sure what you mean when you say 'the wrong side of 60'' My life seems to be getting better as I get older :D

Thanks . . . I do have an income ... tho it be small (ish)

I wonder if that'll cause me to be ostracized?

Thank you, Udon, for the warm welcome.

Thanks to you, too, Jockstar

(I hope I have these 'quote' thingies worked out??)

Judy

Edited by judyel

Hello Judy and welcome.

hmmm... not sure what you mean when you say 'the wrong side of 60'' My life seems to be getting better as I get older :D

Thanks . . . I do have an income ... tho it be small (ish)

I wonder if that'll cause me to be ostracized?

Thank you, Udon, for the warm welcome.

Thanks to you, too, Jockstar

(I hope I have these 'quote' thingies worked out??)

Judy

Welcome again judy. Is there anymore newbies out there who havent said hello yet?

O.K. I'll jump in here and make my first post :o

Hi everyone, My name is Jim. I have been reading in this forum for a while now. I have been living in Thailand for 5 years now. I live up in Isaan. It's a real pleasure to be here.

Peace to all,

Jim

Hi Jimmi and Cliffy...are you twins? the Newbie brothers :o

Hope you enjoy it here, everything you wanted to know about the real Thailand but were afraid to ask..

Welcome

I 2nd that. Welcome cliffy and Jimmi. Anymore newbies. Come on Say hello!

apparently i have to do this so i do not become confused with other people:

so here goes.

my name is dustin, im a student from michigan. im 23 and grew up in the eastside of detroit.

ive been to thailand 4 times in the last 2 years with 2 extended stays over a month. i have many thai friends here in detroit and many in bangkok. im currently involved with thai girl who studies in bangkok.

my future plans include taking a break from my normal life and moving to thailand and studying for a semester so i can form a closer bond with my babe, get closer with her family, and improve my thai.

ok please dont confuse me for some other dude.

k thx bye :o