New Members

Jockstar

Welcome all newcomers and especially MistaDorn - if I could speak Thai as good as you can speak English I would be very happy! Thanks for your long post - best one yet! :D

I gave up half way through. But welcome anyway. I've noticed Mistadorn has made a few posts already. Fair play and do enjoy this forum :o:D

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome all newcomers and especially MistaDorn - if I could speak Thai as good as you can speak English I would be very happy! Thanks for your long post - best one yet! :o

Seconded :D It's good to have Thais onboard this forum,

we can learn a lot from them.

I have learnt why Thai bus drivers run away from accidents thru this forum :D

MistaDorn, sorry i got lost half way  :o anyway welcome  :D

Explorer  :D

heh, sorry everyone for my English, I'll have to proof my English lesson. I Never study English. I started to speak English on late year 2000 by chatting here on the net. the pronounciation I get from Singing. so I love to have live chat and sing English song. like rap and r&b song but can't listen to it. so fast when they are singing. I don't know Grammar at all. So really sorry for this. Another thing, I really want to know which part of my post that you aren't understand? I really want to know. pls, thanks

Oh another thing, I just posted the pictures of my Trip from Surat Thani and I want you to look to those pictures which i believe you never seen this pictures or been there. I went there flukly. those pictures are taken by me, 2 from my uncle. The place is called Rachaprapa Dam in Surat Thani. if you like any pic just vote for me ok? thank you

http://www.thaivisa.com/gallery/Surat-Thani-DAM

Yours

Dorn

Edited by MistaDorn

yo man, I'm new here. just found this forum days ago.

hmm is it also for introducin' myself? if yeah, then here's

Name: Wachirawin A. Rojvithee

Nick: Dorn "taken from full italian name "De-Viey-Dorn "read D-Y-Dorn"

Nationality: converted from Italian to Indonesian  nationality and Thai now.

Pic: avatar

Born in Italy "Rome"

Dad: Indonesian

Mom: french-indian

Job: Working in Sukhumvit 11 "Programming"

Languages speaking: Indonesian, Thai, English,Malaysian.

Interest: Swimming, Running "lumpini park",

Anti: smoker and drinker :D

well, I'm now thai nationality. and พูดภาษาไทยได้แล้ว I learned thai in only 5 months at Thai School in Ekamai in the Temple of Wat Thart Thong. the teachers teached us from the beginning of thai alphabet, pronouncing of every words...etc. I'm a little lucky cuz of this school is accepted only Thai people who have Thai ID Card which I do after I've got my Thai Nationality. It is not hard for me and my brother to get thai nationality. Because my mother she's born here in Thailand. and grew here in Thailand but moved away from Thailand since married with my dad. my brother and I born in Italy and another my two brother born in Indonesia and Malaysia. were 4 born in different country, too bad non born in Bangkok. B4 most of my life grew up in Malaysia. we moved back to Bangkok since my parent get devorce. Mom, she tried to converted us to Thai which even my father not thai and cannot Have a Thai Passport can't convert to Thai nationality. But because my youngest brother who born in Malaysia he got Thai Passport since he is born he becoming Thai a good gift from Thai Embbassy in Malaysia. when he saw that my little one got Thai passport then they allowed us to hold Thai Passport and having Thai Nationality with new name that I created "Wachirawin" I loved this name. very rare, and can say that only me who had this name in Thailand lol same as "De-Viey-Dorn" I started study Thai languages for 5 months until i know all alphabet of thai languages and speding another 2 years to get grade 12 diploma then I moved from ther to study at Thai College. I choosed computer programmer to learn. and spent 3 years in college and "NOT GRADUATED" shame, but true. I learn only to get languages. and I don't like to make a report. Mom so angry at me lol as usual Mom. since I lived here in Thailand from 1996-2005 i've got lot experience with Job, Schooling, Travelling. but all by myself. hmm so lonely to wrote that. I hope I can get some friends over here. My English is not perfect, I am not perfect in anylanguages. because if you think. I born in Italy and used to speaks that languages when I was a little kid and moved to Indonesia and Dad converted me to Indonesian Nationality and put me in Indonesian School till I can speak Indonesian languange. and another 4 years moved here to Bangkok in year 1987 - 1991 study in Indonesian School Bangkok that closed to Pantip Plaza. whoa and I loved to walked in to Pantip when i was 9 years old. Pantip on that time not an IT center. It just ordinary mall like others. me and my friend always went there to watched Movie on movie shop. they open something xxx movie which I was really don't know why they love each other but doing dat. till the Pantip is bankrupt then I don't go anymore. then late year 1991 we moved to Malaysia. I love this country a lot. I love the clean which is different from Thailand which is can say it is Dirty country. In Malaysia I lived in many places "Ulu Klang Gate, Damansara, and Bukit Indah" all this three places I loved Bukit Indah, we lived here for 1 year on the hill with fog everyday. in the morning was so cold. hot in the noon. people there speak English and Malaysian languages which I don't. I speak Indonesian only. some of Malaysian words are compare to Indonesian languages. but the meaning is totally different. when I speaks Indonesian to them. they get laugh with my pronouciation and the meaning. But then I learned out that Malaysian Languages is Mixes to English Languages. So I started to learn Malay languages till now I can speak that languages fluently like Thai but not professionally. I diffenitly forgot Italian language and now I almost forgot Indonesian Language and mostly speaking in Thai Languages only. my Thai Languages is good enough for someone and some people said I'm look like thai. so kool but not for some people. Some think I'm from Europe, or Arab. they will say that I'm look a like Europe boy in the morning. My skin always changed white+tan skin in morning and brown+red in the noon, yellow+tan in the nite. Weird. eh my boss here. gotta go. see ya, hope this is enough to introduce me :D by

yours

Dorn

Welcome Dorn. Nice to have another Thai member. :o

Born in Italy "Rome"

well, I'm now thai nationality. and พูดภาษาไทยได้แล้ว I learned thai in only 5 months at Thai School in Ekamai in the Temple of Wat Thart Thong. the teachers teached us from the beginning of thai alphabet, pronouncing of every words...etc. I'm a little lucky cuz of this school is accepted only Thai people who have Thai ID Card which I do after I've got my Thai Nationality. It is not hard for me and my brother to get thai nationality. Because my mother she's born here in Thailand. and grew here in Thailand but moved away from Thailand since married with my dad. my brother and I born in Italy and another my two brother born in Indonesia and Malaysia. were 4 born in different country, too bad non born in Bangkok. B4 most of my life grew up in Malaysia. we moved back to Bangkok since my parent get devorce. Mom, she tried to converted us to Thai which even my father not thai and cannot Have a Thai Passport can't convert to Thai nationality. But because my youngest brother who born in Malaysia he got Thai Passport since he is born he becoming Thai a good gift from Thai Embbassy in Malaysia. when he saw that my little one got Thai passport then they allowed us to hold Thai Passport and having Thai Nationality with new name that I created "Wachirawin" I loved this name. very rare, and can say that only me who had this name in Thailand lol same as "De-Viey-Dorn" I started study Thai languages for 5 months until i know all alphabet of thai languages and speding another 2 years to get grade 12 diploma then I moved from ther to study at Thai College. I choosed computer programmer to learn. and spent 3 years in college and "NOT GRADUATED" shame, but true. I learn only to get languages. and I don't like to make a report. Mom so angry at me lol as usual Mom. since I lived here in Thailand from 1996-2005 i've got lot experience with Job, Schooling, Travelling. but all by myself. hmm so lonely to wrote that. I hope I can get some friends over here. My English is not perfect, I am not perfect in anylanguages. because if you think. I born in Italy and used to speaks that languages when I was a little kid and moved to Indonesia and Dad converted me to Indonesian Nationality and put me in Indonesian School till I can speak Indonesian languange. and another 4 years moved here to Bangkok in year 1987 - 1991 study in Indonesian School Bangkok that closed to Pantip Plaza. whoa and I loved to walked in to Pantip when i was 9 years old. Pantip on that time not an IT center. It just ordinary mall like others. me and my friend always went there to watched Movie on movie shop. they open something xxx movie which I was really don't know why they love each other but doing dat. till the Pantip is bankrupt then I don't go anymore. then late year 1991 we moved to Malaysia. I love this country a lot. I love the clean which is different from Thailand which is can say it is Dirty country. In Malaysia I lived in many places "Ulu Klang Gate, Damansara, and Bukit Indah" all this three places I loved Bukit Indah, we lived here for 1 year on the hill with fog everyday. in the morning was so cold. hot in the noon. people there speak English and Malaysian languages which I don't. I speak Indonesian only. some of Malaysian words are compare to Indonesian languages. but the meaning is totally different. when I speaks Indonesian to them. they get laugh with my pronouciation and the meaning. But then I learned out that Malaysian Languages is Mixes to English Languages. So I started to learn Malay languages till now I can speak that languages fluently like Thai but not professionally. I diffenitly forgot Italian language and now I almost forgot Indonesian Language and mostly speaking in Thai Languages only. my Thai Languages is good enough for someone and some people said I'm look like thai. so kool but not for some people. Some think I'm from Europe, or Arab. they will say that I'm look a like Europe boy in the morning. My skin always changed white+tan skin in morning and brown+red in the noon, yellow+tan in the nite. Weird. eh my boss here. gotta go. see ya, hope this is enough to introduce me :D by

yours

Dorn

Always nice to get new members. Wherever they come from.

Born in Italy "Rome"

yours

Dorn

Always nice to get new members. Wherever they come from.

True, But the Thai one's are a bit rare :D

I keep seeing all these new members. Obviously due to the recent events. But many of these people havent posted at all. So i'm starting this thread so that they can. Come on newbies, say hello! Dont be scared we wont bite. Wolfie might though!

:o Only found this site and got myself registered today. Seems like loads of good stuff on here. I visited Thailand in the 60`s and have never been back since, although i am thinking of maybe moving on a permanent basis which is why i am gleaning as much info as possible. (Loads to take in.)

Ken.

I keep seeing all these new members. Obviously due to the recent events. But many of these people havent posted at all. So i'm starting this thread so that they can. Come on newbies, say hello! Dont be scared we wont bite. Wolfie might though!

:o Only found this site and got myself registered today. Seems like loads of good stuff on here. I visited Thailand in the 60`s and have never been back since, although i am thinking of maybe moving on a permanent basis which is why i am gleaning as much info as possible. (Loads to take in.)

Ken.

Welcome White, and the best of luck with your planning. It has somewhat changed since the 60's :D

Ken.

hello mate, enjoy your stay.

Excellent forum. And what an interesting thread. My story is that I registered some time ago when I first started researching UK settlement visa for my wife. Since then I have only dropped by occasionally for a lazy browse. I should make more effort. But one month from now I'll be back in the village in the North East for two blissful months. So not much online time for me for a while.

Hello all, a real newbie here, but already I,m enjoying the various threads and seeing lots of good information. I've been to LOS six or seven times, and would certainly like to think of semi retiring to Thailand within the next five years. More realistically we will probably spend up to six months a year in Thailand once we retire, with two married kids in Yorkshire and one soon to be married here in Melbourne Thailand could be a perfect base. In the meantime we will keep visiting for holidays, and I'll keep soaking up all this good info from the forum.

Hello all, a real newbie here, but already I,m enjoying the various threads and seeing lots of good information. I've been to LOS six or seven times, and would certainly like to think of semi retiring to Thailand within the next five years. More realistically we will probably spend up to six months a year in Thailand once we retire, with two married kids in Yorkshire and one soon to be married here in Melbourne Thailand could be a perfect base. In the meantime we will keep visiting for holidays, and I'll keep soaking up all this good info from the forum.

Welcome Basin ... I am glad you are finding the site helpful.

Welcome Basin ... I am glad you are finding the site helpful.

Yes. :o:D

Hi! I was told I HAD to post on this forum as I am a new member. I don't really have any connection to the forum other than the fact that I am a longtime friend of Tukyleith from the USofA. (Memphis, Tennessee... home of Elvis and the blues.)

I have enjoyed reading some of the posts off and on over the last couple of months though.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

jlynn

Greetings from frigid Boston. I just joined last week after Googling the net for info for my mom and step-dad to retire to LOS in a couple years. Me, I'm only halfway until retirement so I have to settle for my yearly trips. Actually, I'm originally Thai and was also an Expat in the past, working on the failed semiconductor project back in 1997.

Compared to soc.culture.thai, this is an excellent site for useful info, respectful banter, and maybe even making some friends. Anyhow, the least I can offer is a little Thai perspective to some future topics.

Cheers. -- Vit