Child Benefit If Child Born In Thailand

Chivas

My son was born in December last and I am married to his Thai mother.

To anyones knowledge can I claim child benefit from the Uk.

My immediate thoughts were "of course not" but is that indeed the case ??

Chivas

The Reason I'm so Knowledable on the subject is its part of my back up plan if it all goes tits up here.

I can live off the Kids back in the UK and spend my time in Pubs. 3 Girls, they should all qualify for a free council House, Someones sure to get them into trouble as there pretty girls, So breed them and do the same with the offspring.

I'll be a pioneer, I bet no ones thought of it yet. I'm an F'ing Genius ! .................. whats that , Its already indemic , what does that mean ?

I think you will find that to recieve child benefit you have to be living in the u.k. And after you have claimed it if you are found to be living outside the u.k you will have to pay it back and face possible charges.

I dont think I stated that I was living outside of the UK ??

Child benefit is around £18 a week.

Chivas

A few people are correct here. As soon as the child lands in the UK you can claim child benefit for him/her. Also as stated if the child was to leave the UK you must/are supposed to tell the authorities and they will stop the claim. I think the total has just gone up or is going up from £72 per month to £80 or so.

I suppose if you got the forms sent over to you by a relative and return it the same way, I don't see how they would know if you or the child were in the UK unless they check with border immigration. However being as the UK is in such total disarray, I doubt very much that they will find out. I am not advising you to break the law, although IMHO, I personally think it is only right for true British nationals to get something back out of this stinking cesspit of a country, instead of all the illegal asylum seekers.

John.....

A few people are correct here. As soon as the child lands in the UK you can claim child benefit for him/her. Also as stated if the child was to leave the UK you must/are supposed to tell the authorities and they will stop the claim. I think the total has just gone up or is going up from £72 per month to £80 or so.

I suppose if you got the forms sent over to you by a relative and return it the same way, I don't see how they would know if you or the child were in the UK unless they check with border immigration. However being as the UK is in such total disarray, I doubt very much that they will find out. I am not advising you to break the law, although IMHO, I personally think it is only right for true British nationals to get something back out of this stinking cesspit of a country, instead of all the illegal asylum seekers.

John.....

If If I wanted to break the law which I dont, the application forms would still need to be submitted with a birth certificate which obviously we have but is a thai certificate obviously.

Chivas

John.....

If If I wanted to break the law which I dont, the application forms would still need to be submitted with a birth certificate which obviously we have but is a thai certificate obviously.

Chivas

No. I might have used the child's passport as proof of him. I can't quite remember, but as I only have the Thai birth certificate it definitely wasn't that.

John.....

Chivas

Depends on certain criteria I believe:

Are you in the UK? If yes, then you are entitled to child benefit.

Depending on your wifes immigration status she may be able to claim, however if you are a Brit, then you can claim instead, it doesn't matter your child was born outside of the UK.

If you are a European, then there are other routes you can follow.

Moss

My son was born in December last and I am married to his Thai mother.

To anyones knowledge can I claim child benefit from the Uk.

My immediate thoughts were "of course not" but is that indeed the case ??

Chivas

Congratulations young mister Chivas. To bring a child into this world is indeed a special moment.

To those of our order it is well known:

If you work in Thailand and have paid Thai social security for more than 15 months - then you may claim THB 12,000 from your local Thai social security office for the birth of your son. You need only take your passport, marriage certificate, social security number, together with the birth certificate of your little joy, to receive this pleasant gift. Unless you are well versed in Thai tongue and Thai script, it may also be wise to take your wife with you to complete the forms and talk to the officials.

Should you care to fill in another form you may also receive THB 300 each and every month from your newly found Thai friends direct to your Thai bank account.

Perhaps these words may ease a little the loss of your UK claim.