Pepsi Max

ignis

They have changed it ??

I buy 5 boxes at a time, just had the next delivery and the shape of the plastic bottle has changed..

The taste has also changed it now tastes very sugary.... Pepsi Max is sugar free... Anyone notice or is it just me or this 1st bottle?

I'm convinced that not only do they change it, but it and coke zero taste different in different countries- thailand, japan, korea, each tasted a little different. it pi$ses me off how they change food product slightly to 'conform' to the country or whatever they're thinking- for instance, cheetos in japan are almost exactly like the ones like in US but they aerate them twice as much, making them absolutely nasty consistency. <deleted>? are japanese people really not gonna eat the chip if it isn't gross? add prawn flavor too? maybe thai pepsi max has som tam juice mixed in with it.

As a diabetic you have to watch Max, the Caffeine makes your body make sugar!!

I learned this the hard way. Don’t drink to much.

Zero, and the lights are OK but watch the Max.

The caffeine is just fine. It's the artificial sweetener. As a diabetic you have to learn which artificial sweeteners don't cause your body to react as if they were sugar. Sucralose works well for me; saccharine works for me but tastes nasty; aspartame doesn't work well for me. YMMV, because we are all different. It may be that aspartame works for you and sucralose doesn't. The best solution, though, is to drink water and avoid the artificial sweeteners. If you want the fizz, then drink soda water which is unflavored, unsweetened fizzy water. That's even better than diet soda.

Non-diet soda here in Thailand is made with sugar, like it was in the US a couple decades ago. Before New Coke to be precise. That whole thing was just a ploy to try to keep people from noticing the switch. Now they use high fructose corn syrup in the US. It's why Coke is so popular in Mexican bodegas in New York; it's imported from Mexico where they still use sugar to make it. It just tastes better.

I drink this stuff in volume, at least 2 litres a day... I do find when going between the UK and Thailand that I have to adapt to the different sweeteners.

I noticed that coke zero in Australia is quite palatable, like normal coke without the sugariness, but in the UK it's bitter and not pleasant.

Occasionally I drink plain water which tastes really weird!

The caffeine is just fine. It's the artificial sweetener. As a diabetic you have to learn which artificial sweeteners don't cause your body to react as if they were sugar. Sucralose works well for me; saccharine works for me but tastes nasty; aspartame doesn't work well for me. YMMV, because we are all different. It may be that aspartame works for you and sucralose doesn't. The best solution, though, is to drink water and avoid the artificial sweeteners. If you want the fizz, then drink soda water which is unflavored, unsweetened fizzy water. That's even better than diet soda.

Non-diet soda here in Thailand is made with sugar, like it was in the US a couple decades ago. Before New Coke to be precise. That whole thing was just a ploy to try to keep people from noticing the switch. Now they use high fructose corn syrup in the US. It's why Coke is so popular in Mexican bodegas in New York; it's imported from Mexico where they still use sugar to make it. It just tastes better.

Before I switched to Diet Dr. Pepper, I used to order "Original Dr. Pepper" from Texas because they made it with cane sugar, not the corn syrup.  It just tastes better to me.

I bring two cases of Diet Dr. Pepper with me to Thailand on each trip, but it just doesn't sit on the shelf as well as regular soft drinks. It lasts perhaps 30 days max before it starts to taste funny. So then I have to switch to Pepsi Max.

I learned this the hard way. Don't drink to much.

Are you sure pepsi Max has no sugar. I drink Pepsi cool lemon, and on that bottle they write on big letters NO SUGAR, while on Max they don't do.

Pepsi cool lemon sugar free, I can not find in Thailand

Are you sure pepsi Max has no sugar. I drink Pepsi cool lemon, and on that bottle they write on big letters NO SUGAR, while on Max they don't do.

Yes, it has no sugar.

Yes, it has no sugar.

Are you saying I can find Pepsi cool lemon in Thailand? Do you know where

• 2 years later...

I drink a lot of sugar-free Pepsi. When I'm in the USA, it's Diet Pepsi; in Hong Kong and Singapore, it's Pepsi Light (very similar in taste to Diet Pepsi). When in Thailand, I find only Pepsi Max (uggggh! Sweet and heavy taste!) On the Pepsi Max cans (11 oz, 325 mL) in Thailand, it lists the sodium content as 25 mg, as compared with 35 mg in a 12 oz (355 mL) can of Diet Pepsi in the USA. However, it does not show the amounts of aspartame, acesulfame potassium ("acesulfame K"); phosphorus; caffeine; sucralose; etc. - all those wonderful chemicals within! Pepsi Company headquarters website has a "product info" page for its USA products, and lists all these ingredients for USA customers. Does anyone know where I can find such details for Thailand's Pepsi Max (English or Thai)? Love to know. Also, do you Pepsi Max drinkers out there pay attention to the "BF" (before stamp on the bottom of the cans? This stuff is only good for about 100 days before its taste goes flat. Most retail stores in Thailand don't know or care about this, but you should.

I am glad to hear I am not the only one drinking over 2.5 litres a day of Pepsi Max. Coke Zero tastes flatter. The bottle changed recently.

the whole conversation has made me feel slightly ill, but this disgusts me.

how can you people drink this crap?

I am glad to hear I am not the only one drinking over 2.5 litres a day of Pepsi Max. Coke Zero tastes flatter. The bottle changed recently.

-Open container.

-Put opening of container against slightly parted lips.

-Point bottom of container towards heaven.

-Keep swallowing until sated.

Easy!!!

-Open container.

-Put opening of container against slightly parted lips.

-Point bottom of container towards heaven.

-Keep swallowing until sated.

Easy!!!

This is what happens to your body after a can of Coke, Pepsi, or any other sugar based soft drink that includes caffeine ...

• In The First 10 minutes: 10 teaspoons of sugar hit your system. (100% of your recommended daily intake.) You don’t immediately vomit from the overwhelming sweetness because phosphoric acid cuts the flavor allowing you to keep it down.
  • 20 minutes: Your blood sugar spikes, causing an insulin burst. Your liver responds to this by turning any sugar it can get its hands on into fat. (There’s plenty of that at this particular moment)
  • 40 minutes: Caffeine absorption is complete. Your pupils dilate, your blood pressure rises, as a response your livers dumps more sugar into your bloodstream. The adenosine receptors in your brain are now blocked preventing drowsiness.
  • 45 minutes: Your body ups your dopamine production stimulating the pleasure centers of your brain. This is physically the same way heroin works, by the way.
  • >60 minutes: The phosphoric acid binds calcium, magnesium and zinc in your lower intestine, providing a further boost in metabolism. This is compounded by high doses of sugar and artificial sweeteners also increasing the urinary excretion of calcium.
  • >60 Minutes: The caffeine’s diuretic properties come into play. (It makes you have to pee.) It is now assured that you’ll evacuate the bonded calcium, magnesium and zinc that was headed to your bones as well as sodium, electrolyte and water.
  • >60 minutes: As the rave inside of you dies down you’ll start to have a sugar crash. You may become irritable and/or sluggish. You’ve also now, literally, pissed away all the water that was in the Coke. But not before infusing it with valuable nutrients your body could have used for things like even having the ability to hydrate your system or build strong bones and teeth.

And if you think you can avoid problems by drinking sugar free products ...

1. Artificial sweeteners are chemicals or natural compounds that replace the sweetness of sugar, without all of the calories. But sometimes the label 'sugar-free' masks calories present in the food or drink. Of course you can always read the product's label, but believe it or not, there are a whole lot of people out there who think that sugar-free or fat-free means low-calorie. On top of that, there are some recent studies that have shown that artificial sweeteners can actually increase your appetite. And then there are sugar-free products with ingredients that can raise your blood sugar dramatically—like the white flour in sugar-free cookies. All in all, 'sugar-free' doesn't always mean 'diet-friendly'.
  2. Aspartame (NutraSweet, Equal, NatraSweet, Canderel, Spoonfuls, DiabetiSweet) is a common chemical sweetener with possible side effects that sound like they're out of a horror movie. From hallucinations to seizures to brain tumors, it is hardly worth consuming for the sake of saved calories.
  3. Sucralose (Otherwise known as Splenda, my past-sweetener of choice), is scary. Recent research suggests that Splenda can enlarge both the liver and kidneys and shrink the thymus glands. Sucralose breaks down into small amounts of dichlorofructose, which has not been tested adequately tested in humans. Splenda reportedly can cause skin rashes, panic, diarrhea, headaches, bladder issues, stomach pain, and those side effects don't even sum it up.

Most soft drinks are unadulterated crap. Full of toxic substances that are ultimately very bad for the body. And none of them are as efficient as water at curing the original reason for drinking ... thirst!

DIG

• Like 1

I bring two cases of Diet Dr. Pepper with me to Thailand on each trip, but it just doesn't sit on the shelf as well as regular soft drinks. It lasts perhaps 30 days max before it starts to taste funny. So then I have to switch to Pepsi Max.

You bring two cases (2 x 24 cans) of pop with you on an airplane :blink:

Imagine all the wonderful tech gadgets you could have brought instead :lol:

This is what happens to your body after a can of Coke, Pepsi, or any other sugar based soft drink that includes caffeine ...

Hmm, we're discussing Pepsi Max here, it's sugar free. And while it is true it has a little caffeine, it's only about a third of what is in a cup of coffee.

As for aspartame, WikiPedia has this to say.