Bkk Adsl

goofie

From what I can read on Forums and heard for several IT nerdie buddies TOT is BKK is bad news. I worry that TOT will let the CS FoxInfo down.

Do they use TOT in Bangkok?

Does anyone know if you can use CS FoxInfo on other phone lines, or does it have to be on a TOT line?

I am on Sukhumvit Soi 11.

I also am after some help with TRUE WI-FI. Is this like little short range hot spots like a wire less router that I can pick up on my laptop or is it city wide coverage that has several kilometers range that you need a special modem to pick up the boradband signal then from that to your laptop.

Cheers

I'm not familiar with the infrastructure in Bangkok.

CSLoxinfo (I guess you mean them, and the L and F are on two very different locations on your keyboard) uses TOT for fiber links, because TOT, as a state owned company, were the only ones allowed to run fiber connections throughout Thailand until recently. Contrary to what some users posted in earlier topics, Thailand has thousands of kilometers of fiber-optic aerial cables running along roads (all single-mode FO).

The problem with slow TOT internet has nothing to do with this (as fiber is OSI layer 1), but the way they built up their layer-2 and layer-3 infrastructure. CSLoxinfo takes care of her own layer-2 and layer-3 network and is thus not limited by the lack of knowledge inside TOT when it comes to networking.

I know that the OSI model for networking is a very dusty boring bit of theory, but if one wants to understand anything of the network issues in Thailand, knowledge of this model is a requirement.

From what I can read on Forums and heard for several IT nerdie buddies TOT is BKK is bad news. I worry that TOT will let the CS FoxInfo down.

Do they use TOT in Bangkok?

Does anyone know if you can use CS FoxInfo on other phone lines, or does it have to be on a TOT line?

I am on Sukhumvit Soi 11.

I also am after some help with TRUE WI-FI. Is this like little short range hot spots like a wire less router that I can pick up on my laptop or is it city wide coverage that has several kilometers range that you need a special modem to pick up the boradband signal then from that to your laptop.

Cheers

As far as I know CS Loxinfo offers TOT and True phone lines. The ports are provided by their media provider, which is ADC, guess a sub of Shin Corps.

Is someone just experiencing Network problems? I cannot open certain websites that I normally visit... I cannot even open google. it shows me

Address Not Found

Firefox can't find the server at dictionary.reference.com.

The browser could not find the host server for the provided address.

* Did you make a mistake when typing the domain? (e.g. "ww.mozilla.org" instead of "www.mozilla.org")

* Are you certain this domain address exists? Its registration may have expired.

* Are you unable to browse other sites? Check your network connection and DNS server settings.

* Is your computer or network protected by a firewall or proxy? Incorrect settings can interfere with Web browsing.

Edited by MaxLee

Is someone just experiencing Network problems? I cannot open certain websites that I normally visit... I cannot even open google. it shows me

Address Not Found

Firefox can't find the server at dictionary.reference.com.

The browser could not find the host server for the provided address.

* Did you make a mistake when typing the domain? (e.g. "ww.mozilla.org" instead of "www.mozilla.org")

* Are you certain this domain address exists? Its registration may have expired.

* Are you unable to browse other sites? Check your network connection and DNS server settings.

* Is your computer or network protected by a firewall or proxy? Incorrect settings can interfere with Web browsing.

I have been having the same problem for about a month. Originall this never happen then suddenly it started happening everyday. If I keep hitting refresh sometimes I can log on but it's very annoying. I'd love to know the solution. Also at the moment True Internet is down. Very annoying.