Cheapest Airticket From Chiangmai To South (koh Phangan, Koh Samui)

peraklo

Can you recommend something? i would book over the internet in advance, i need the tickets not before May 1st. I Want to go from Chiang Maito Koh Phangan, but any airport near the island is ok (i can use ferry or bus or something to reach the final destination)...

Thanks

http://bangkokair.com/

Direct flight to Koh Samui from Chiang Mai. It will not be cheap. probably 6000 baht one way. There is no other way to go without stopping in Bangkok. Then take a ferry. All flights to Samui are very highly priced. Thai Airways will offer a service Chiang Mai to Samui as well but you will need to change flights in Bangkok.

Your other option is to fly Chiang Mai - Bangkok - Surat Thani. You can fly this option on either Thai Airways or Air Asia. You might get this for 3000 baht to 6000 baht. From Surat thani airport, make your way into town, ferry services can be organised from there. probably easiest for you to just take Bangkok Airways

Cheapest flight is Air Asia from CM to Bangkok and then to Surat Thani and then at the airport catch the Raja Ferry bus to the Raja Ferry and then on to Koh Phangan. If you book in advance (like now) the flight from CM to Bkk is about 1300 baht as is the ticket from BKK to Surat. Book later and the price goes up.

Easiest is Bangkok Air at about 6000.

Cheapest flight is Air Asia from CM to Bangkok and then to Surat Thani and then at the airport catch the Raja Ferry bus to the Raja Ferry and then on to Koh Phangan. If you book in advance (like now) the flight from CM to Bkk is about 1300 baht as is the ticket from BKK to Surat. Book later and the price goes up.

dam_n, all of those are pretty expensive, given the rest of the thai prices... I thing ill just take 2 night trains (CM-BKK, BKK-Surat)... after all, im sleeping over the night and being dislocated 700 km further :o

Do you know maybe some kind of website for thai railways? i want the approx prices for sleeper train 1st and 2nd class, for the mentioned 2 routes...

thanks

dam_n, all of those are pretty expensive, given the rest of the thai prices... I thing ill just take 2 night trains (CM-BKK, BKK-Surat)... after all, im sleeping over the night and being dislocated 700 km further :o

Do you know maybe some kind of website for thai railways? i want the approx prices for sleeper train 1st and 2nd class, for the mentioned 2 routes...

thanks

Thai Railway Site. http://www.railway.co.th/english/index.asp

Or another option Bankgkok to KPG Bus and high speed catamaran. 1,100 Baht. http://www.lomprayah.com/E/route.htm

I was in chiang mai recently before heading to samui - had the same plan, ie get a flight. I knew bkk air were going to be a rip-off but they were even more expensive than I expected (about B6500). the weak sterling atm made it a double whammy.

I opted for an overnight bus CM-BKK followed by a sprinter train leaving BKK 8am-ish and arriving in surat about 5pm. was on samui about 7.30pm after catching the ferry. whole chiang mai-samui journey was approx B1500 iirc.

• 1 month later...