Wow ... 1 Year Already

Spee

I cannot believe that one year has passed since I first found and joined this forum!

Alas it is a bittersweet time.

I'm happy because of all of the things I've learned from all of the valuable and generous posts from so many knowledgeable people.

I'm happy that these things I've learned have helped me to foster and strengthen my relationship with my Thai fiancee', and also to get to know her family and friends.

I'm happy that I am back together with her again after being apart due to work, and will be seeing her family again in a couple of days.

I'm both happy and sad for happy events and (non-tsunami) tragedies with my family over the holidays.

I'm sad to see all of the devastation and death in LoS and surrounding countries. I'm sad at the feeling of helplessness in knowing that there is little if anything that I can do.

I guess the best thing to do to help LoS rebuild is to keep coming and keeping pumping money, generosity and hope into the local economies.

I guess the best thing to do is to continue caring for those closest to us in LoS and other points around the globe.

I guess the best thing to do is keep on keeping on, and keep on living strong every day with the knowledge that any day can be our last, and to make every day important in any way, big or small.

Bittersweet ..... yes ..... I think that is the right word :D:o

Happy New Year everyone and best wishes for the coming year!

Cheers,

Spee

I cannot believe that one year has passed since I first found and joined this forum!

Alas it is a bittersweet time.

I'm happy because of all of the things I've learned from all of the valuable and generous posts from so many knowledgeable people.

I'm happy that these things I've learned have helped me to foster and strengthen my relationship with my Thai fiancee', and also to get to know her family and friends.

I'm happy that I am back together with her again after being apart due to work, and will be seeing her family again in a couple of days.

I'm both happy and sad for happy events and (non-tsunami) tragedies with my family over the holidays.

I'm sad to see all of the devastation and death in LoS and surrounding countries. I'm sad at the feeling of helplessness in knowing that there is little if anything that I can do.

I guess the best thing to do to help LoS rebuild is to keep coming and keeping pumping money, generosity and hope into the local economies.

I guess the best thing to do is to continue caring for those closest to us in LoS and other points around the globe.

I guess the best thing to do is keep on keeping on, and keep on living strong every day with the knowledge that any day can be our last, and to make every day important in any way, big or small.

Bittersweet ..... yes ..... I think that is the right word  :D  :o

Happy New Year everyone and best wishes for the coming year!

Cheers,

Spee

Good call bro. Peace and a Happy New Year.