Zzinged

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^^^

They have 2009 black version, Metallic Diablo Black. It is special edition called ZX-14 Monster Energy. Apparently with some tech improvements too but looks are pretty plain. This model is even more detested by busa forums members.

med_gallery_288_19_77637.jpg

I actually think thats one of the better looking 'flying hippos' I have seen..

The Kwaka 1400 is a much nicer looking bike that the Busa, I would imagine that this is getting flamed in their sites.....they need to take their dance out into the streets and see which bike is the better to ride, tis not all about top end speed!

Well after the Kawa 1400 took over as the fastest production bike, Hayabusa fans all over have been flaming it. I think it's silly myself, but someone needs the biggest or fastest to compensate for something else I guess. I am all happy with a bike which suits me and makes me happy personally.

Cheers Bard

Interesting clip of Randy Mamola with some Spanish hottie on the back of a DesmosediciRR.

They should farkin outlaw stupid <deleted> from talking over the sound of one of those beautiful bikes.....me thinks the wench on the bike of the bike threw its balance out a bit......me thinks that wenches should stay at home and polish the spare set of wheels :o , cook meals & other wench duties :D

Ducati make really nice bikes lots of new technology, but also lots of recalls voltage regulator for one and rear drive sprocket another, why don't they get these items sorted before the bike go on sale. I have heard the 1198 has some issues with the engine. Ducati Thailand say thet the 1198 wo't be in country until Sept 09 time to start saving.

HH

Calling Crobiker, Rustic Charm & any of the others interested in reading a good write up on the new Ducati 1198S......also click on the link above and goto Kevin Ash's site, click on bike tests and have a read, very informative....looks like Ducati may have pulled something very special out of their hat, this time.

HH, Which duke had the recalls and what were the problems you heard with the engine in the 1198, ive been reading around heaps and am yet to hear anything bad....ohhh except for a few 1098 owners going on about theres no reason to buy a 1198, but you always get that type of thing. :o

Hello ND

The 1098 1098S & Tricolor from 2007 to 2008 not all bikes just certain frame no's google and you will get hits the sprocket was the most worrying as there were pics on Ducatims or Ducati Spot with the results, they really could have been very dangerous, the other item was the voltage regulator not so bad just meant complete electrical failure same again 2007 -2008 bikes with certain frame nos check Desmo works I think they have the details of frame no's. I had the rear sprocket replaced under warranty the VR I had to pay for myself. The Ducati 1198 there was an item on one of the other forums I joined but unconfirmed I would investigate further if I was going to buy one, google recalls Ducati 1098 & try 1198 see what comes up as I said 1198 unconfirmed.

Cheers

HH

Cheers

Ducati make really nice bikes lots of new technology, but also lots of recalls voltage regulator for one and rear drive sprocket another, why don't they get these items sorted before the bike go on sale. I have heard the 1198 has some issues with the engine. Ducati Thailand say thet the 1198 wo't be in country until Sept 09 time to start saving.

HH

Calling Crobiker, Rustic Charm & any of the others interested in reading a good write up on the new Ducati 1198S......also click on the link above and goto Kevin Ash's site, click on bike tests and have a read, very informative....looks like Ducati may have pulled something very special out of their hat, this time.

HH, Which duke had the recalls and what were the problems you heard with the engine in the 1198, ive been reading around heaps and am yet to hear anything bad....ohhh except for a few 1098 owners going on about theres no reason to buy a 1198, but you always get that type of thing. :o

Hello ND

The 1098 1098S & Tricolor from 2007 to 2008 not all bikes just certain frame no's google and you will get hits the sprocket was the most worrying as there were pics on Ducatims or Ducati Spot with the results, they really could have been very dangerous, the other item was the voltage regulator not so bad just meant complete electrical failure same again 2007 -2008 bikes with certain frame nos check Desmo works I think they have the details of frame no's. I had the rear sprocket replaced under warranty the VR I had to pay for myself. The Ducati 1198 there was an item on one of the other forums I joined but unconfirmed I would investigate further if I was going to buy one, google recalls Ducati 1098 & try 1198 see what comes up as I said 1198 unconfirmed.

Cheers

HH

Cheers

THANKS for your reply, I had heard a few things about minor problem on the 1098 a couple of years ago but nothing yet on the 1198.

• 2 weeks later...
this is your life old chap.....don't let me stand in between you and your fantasies :D .

It would be a great commuting bike & it wouldnt be so ugly if it were not for that aweful headlight. :o

Pft...the only thing standing between me and my fantasy aircraft hanger full of bikes is my cashflow!

Been buzz biking around Khampaeng Pet then Bangkok and down past Pattaya!

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

Keepin' the nightcrawlers and cagers in their place :o

Edited by JimsKnight

What did you get up to on ur 7 day holiday Rustic? Any riding?
Just the Kanchanaburi trip with the others. Good experience. Though re. the '7 day holiday', I was rather disappointed with a certain Harley-riding member here (who I've previously met) who went crying to the mods. :o

Anyway, I can't resist posting this one. Cracks me up everytime I watch it. For all of you with teenage sons, keep your bike securely locked.

I like the "There's no reverse on this". :D

Edited by RusticCharm

*EDITED*

Comment highly offensive, totally off topic and clearly against forum rules. For someone employed in education system you should know better. Religious or racial slurs will not be tolerated.

7 days suspension to cool off. :D

Don't know what he said,

but &lt;deleted&gt; he can make Paddy/Irish comments and thats alright is it?????????????

BE WERY WERY CAREPHULL................ :D

On a more serious note, I have just about saved the 85,000 baht to get my greenbook/registration sorted out. The bike is an import from Japan and the guy I bought it from said he can take care of it. I don't believe there will be a problem cos I know he has ridden his bike across the Malaysian border on more than one occasion. I intend on telling him that's what I plan on doing later this year......

So,when I go to him next week will he be able to give me a receipt saying that I've paid for the book/reg or does he get that from wherever he sorts things out?

What about page 18? By bringing this to his attention before he goes to the office of whatever Do you think this could work so that I won't have any problems later on?

So far he's been great to deal with, which is why I want to complete the transaction as it were,with him so that other buyers will then know he's a good un!

Though re. the '7 day holiday', I was rather disappointed with a certain Harley-riding member here (who I've previously met) who went crying to the mods. :o

That'd be me folks, again I don't understand why you have to make the Harley rider distinction,prolly cos you can't get away with Paddy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

My gripe was hardly crying now is it ? Also, if you were to reread it, it's more in reference to what I thought was a double standard re the mods, but I was corrected by one of them.

Welcome back anyway "you with the charm of a peasant"post-73185-1236751580.gif

post-73185-1236751906.gif

again I don't understand why you have to make the Harley rider distinction,prolly cos you can't get away with Paddy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

My gripe was hardly crying now is it ? Also, if you were to reread it, it's more in reference to what I thought was a double standard re the mods, but I was corrected by one of them.

Welcome back anyway "you with the charm of a peasant"

Never knew you were Oirish until then. Or so easily-offended! I guess I should've known by your strong accent.  :o

Though you can take comfort that I'll be watchful of some of our resident sphincter-police from now on.

Anyway, I take strong exception to my charm being referred to as 'peasant'-like. I would prefer 'crude'.  :D

again I don't understand why you have to make the Harley rider distinction,prolly cos you can't get away with Paddy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Welcome back anyway "you with the charm of a peasant"

Never knew you were Oirish until then. Or so easily-offended! I guess I should've known by your strong accent. :D

Though you can take comfort that I'll be watchful of some of our resident sphincter-police from now on.

Anyway, I take strong exception to my charm being referred to as 'peasant'-like. I would prefer 'crude'. :D

Sorry Rustic, I didnt mean to open a can of worms, I actually missed the whole thread in question but it was mentioned to me by someone else.

I guess some people have thick heads, yet their skins arnt so sturdy, maybe the Harley & a couple of 'tuff stickers' make up for that :o .

Anyway, its not worth losing sleep over it, rather I am pleased to hear that you had a good ride to Kanchanaburi, its certainly nice up that way. I actually got about 5 text messages from someone on that ride that was sending me messages by mistake, I didnt have my phone on and when I turned it on I got all the messages at once & it left me a little confused for a few minutes, anyway.

Thanks for the vid.