Graduate Diploma In Education St Theresa's Inti College Bkk

gerryBScot

Anyone able to give me an opinion on this college's Diploma or any other insight into the college? I fell upon a presentation by their people today by pure chance and they tell me the diploma is approved by Ministry of Education for teacher's licensing purposes. Seems quite attractive in that the tuition is at weekends and I was just looking at it as I have the qualifications to teach ( first degree and TESOL, from another century!) but not the experience. Anyone know of any other similar course ? Many thanks

I've never yet heard from anyone from the government who definitely, absolutely guaranteed that any option at all- including full fledged Master's in Ed- really qualified anyone for anything. Recent reports (last 6 months) from those unlucky people forced to play the TCT culture course scammer game indicate that these 'fine' people are not even able to say what 'really qualifies' anyone. Furthermore, a recent news report seems to indicate all of these TCT-concocted scams will be dissolved while the new government's plants in the MOE come up with their own 'courses.' Which is to say: get your qualification abroad, is the only guarantee.

^ Let's just say (one has to be careful about feedback on individual schools/colleges) that it's not got the greatest reputation.

Another point about Inti? It's miles, literally miles, outside Bangkok and not the easiest place to get to/from. Practicalities do count.

Ah, not at their main campus - so at least accessible :o

I would say that Teaching Diplomas or Masters in Education at places like ABAC or Ramkhamhaeng (IIS) would be better than INTI but I don't know if there is any weekend option on those for you, Gerry.

Thanks for that. My problem is I have a Scottish ordinary degree from U of Edinburgh, duration 3 years, plus TESOL. The degree is actually a Master of Arts, a general degree from the early 1980s. I think I am going to be ok to work but I am looking at ways to enhance my paperwork just in case the application of the rules becomes more precise and I fall out of the criteria because I haven't got a four year bachelors degree. How the sins and failings of the past catch up on us hahaha!