Recommendation For Private Thai Teacher?

ozgirlinbkk

Hello,

I recently moved back to Thailand after six years away. Can anyone recommend a good Thai teacher who will come to my home?

My spoken Thai is okay, but I don't know how to read or write so I would like to take some private lessons on that (and refresh my spoken Thai as well) before joining a group class.

At the moment I don't have enough free time to take an intensive group course so I am looking for someone who can teach me in my home for about 6-8 hours per week.

Many thanks for any suggestions!

Find your local elementary or secondary school and go to visit the office after school. Ask for an English language teacher. Ask her if she would be interested in giving you private lessons after school or on the weekends. Many teachers give private lessons to one or more students and you would be yet one more of those students. A Thai Language teacher would also be good but it is unlikely that her command of the English language would be high, especially in a rural school and you might need her to explain something to you in English.

You would be doing her a great favor by hiring her to teach you Thai because their wages are so low. I suspect that finding a private teacher at a private language school would be more effective but, first, if you live in a rural area, such a school would not be available and, second, the hourly rates are likely higher.

Good luck.

Find your local elementary or secondary school and go to visit the office after school. Ask for an English language teacher. Ask her if she would be interested in giving you private lessons after school or on the weekends. Many teachers give private lessons to one or more students and you would be yet one more of those students. A Thai Language teacher would also be good but it is unlikely that her command of the English language would be high, especially in a rural school and you might need her to explain something to you in English.

You would be doing her a great favor by hiring her to teach you Thai because their wages are so low. I suspect that finding a private teacher at a private language school would be more effective but, first, if you live in a rural area, such a school would not be available and, second, the hourly rates are likely higher.

Good luck.

Good suggestion by David but be prepared to change your plan if the teacher insists on speaking too much English with you. People's learning styles vary, of course, but I'd suggest also trying a Thai teacher (ie. from the Thai language dept). I had a wonderful Thai teacher in my first few months. She knew just a few words of English, loved her own language deeply and had some experience teaching children.

Hello ozgirlinbkk, I have got a Thai teacher I'm happy with, she´s really nice and she has a lot of experience.

Her telephone number is 0892368913

Good luck with your thai! yaak maak!

(for me anyway)

Hello,

I recently moved back to Thailand after six years away. Can anyone recommend a good Thai teacher who will come to my home?

My spoken Thai is okay, but I don't know how to read or write so I would like to take some private lessons on that (and refresh my spoken Thai as well) before joining a group class.

At the moment I don't have enough free time to take an intensive group course so I am looking for someone who can teach me in my home for about 6-8 hours per week.

Many thanks for any suggestions!

• 3 months later...
This is a large country. I suspect that the OP's search would be simplified if she were to indicate her general location.

Good point, David. I am looking for a Thai teacher in Bangkok

Hi I am a Thai :-) do you still want a private Thai teacher? pls contact me at [E-mail address removed. The poster can be contacted using the internal personal message system of Thaivisa. Please read the Forum Rules.]

See you soon

Anny

• 9 months later...

Hello ozgirlinbkk, I have got a Thai teacher I'm happy with, she´s really nice and she has a lot of experience.

Her telephone number is 0892368913

Good luck with your thai! yaak maak!

(for me anyway)

Well, could you give me more information? Her name? Location?

I also wish to learn Thai language - listening, speaking, reading and writing.

I wish to know the time-frame in which this can be achieved to a reasonable level of fluency and how much it could cost me.

I request any Thai language teachers here who can teach me to speak, read & write Thai language to PM me their details and contact information (if this is not against forum rules).

Regards,

SB

• 3 weeks later...

hi, I have been here for a year already. I am korean and I got one who is the best from I have tried ( more than 10 teacher in BKK). I took a class at the school but it's hard and also so slow then I went on to Thaivisa and found a guy whose name is Jumbo. He is great to me, funny and relexed. I took 20 hours class with him at the first month and I found that his teaching style is awesome and great. My Thai is dgauduately improved and now i have no language barrier. He is the best, I can quarantee that. His book and handouts are very useful for me, he told me that he designed it for every student I mean his every students have their own handout that suit for them. Don't trust me until you have tred his lesson. google him by useing " learn thai with jumbo" and you will found 100 of his information. after you try his lesson please droup me a line at [email protected] and tell me how do you like it. I am sure he is the best for this moment in Bangkok.